Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins will get it's second proper AE this week.  (Read 1401 times)
rabbiter (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:35:19 AM

Qora will be implementing the second AE after NXT sometime in the next week or so. Qora is a brand new code, undervalued and is set to compete directly with NXT.

Some info: http://cryptorating.org/qora/

Info that AE is coming soon:   

[21:27:15] <pondsea> @Qora how is the AE coming along?
[21:31:40] <Qora> The core is almost finished just need to do some proper testing.
[21:33:54] <pondsea> @Qora do you think a wallet update with the AE functionality will go out this week?
[21:36:22] <Qora> I am not sure.
[21:36:46] <Qora> It might be ready by the end of the week but I can't guarantee it.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:38:26 AM

Itching to dump, aren't you? Smiley Proper testing can take months, or weeks at best. You don't want a half-assed AE launched, do you? Smiley
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:38:58 AM

Qora will be implementing the second AE after NXT sometime in the next week or so. Qora is a brand new code, undervalued and is set to compete directly with NXT.

[21:31:40] <Qora> The core is almost finished just need to do some proper testing.
[21:33:54] <pondsea> @Qora do you think a wallet update with the AE functionality will go out this week?
[21:36:46] <Qora> It might be ready by the end of the week but I can't guarantee it.

What is the difference between nxt ae and qora ae?

rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:42:42 AM

Nothing in principle which is why NXT has no natural advantage over Qora's AE.

But one advantage Qora has you will be able to buy assets with BTC or any other assets unlike NXT AE where you have to convert Any asset other than NXT first before you can buy the other asset, that's quite an inconvience.

Qora AE is not based on NXT we will soon see how he has put it together. Different source code different therefore at a deeper level that maybe only the developer can explain fully. Qora has an emphasis on being future proof, what that means I've no idea.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:45:56 AM

Which one is Qora?  This is the fork of NXT or the fork of eMunie?    Cheesy

By the way this wouldn't be the second exchange, there's 3-4 other exchanges in other coins already..  NXT is the biggest one and has the most volume (IIRC - the volume of all the assets put together would be in the top 20 of cryptos).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:48:10 AM

Which one is Qora?  This is the fork of NXT or the fork of eMunie?   Cheesy

By the way this wouldn't be the second exchange, there's 3-4 other exchanges in other coins already..  NXT is the biggest one and has the most volume (IIRC - the volume of all the assets put together would be in the top 20 of cryptos).

I know it's only a forum but be man and be honest.

Qora is a new source code based on no other cryptocurrency. I used to be a believer in NXT but the community started to become jerks.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:49:53 AM

I used to be a believer in NXT but the community started to become jerks.

Big girls don't cry.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:43:57 AM

Which one is Qora?  This is the fork of NXT or the fork of eMunie?   Cheesy

By the way this wouldn't be the second exchange, there's 3-4 other exchanges in other coins already..  NXT is the biggest one and has the most volume (IIRC - the volume of all the assets put together would be in the top 20 of cryptos).

I know it's only a forum but be man and be honest.

Qora is a new source code based on no other cryptocurrency. I used to be a believer in NXT but the community started to become jerks.

There's a decent argument for the coin being undervalued, I think we might see a higher price if the AE works nicely.
lotosminer

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:21:36 AM

I'm very curious to see how the Qora's AE will work. It can definitely add a lot of value to Quora.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:04:45 AM

But one advantage Qora has you will be able to buy assets with BTC or any other assets unlike NXT AE where you have to convert Any asset other than NXT first before you can buy the other asset, that's quite an inconvience.

Qora AE is not based on NXT we will soon see how he has put it together. Different source code different therefore at a deeper level that maybe only the developer can explain fully. Qora has an emphasis on being future proof, what that means I've no idea.

You can buy NXT assets with BTC using the Secure Asset Exchange.
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

You can buy NXT assets with BTC using the Secure Asset Exchange.

How does it work? it seems like it's built ontop of NXT and uses another wallet, can you send and receive withe same wallet as trading?

I have a feeling Qora is going to do thing a lot differently. Dare I boast and say more streamlined and neatly than NXT does things. let's wait and see. It's an incredible feat though Qora doing something in a few weeks that took months and teams of people.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:31:24 PM

Cool

rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:45:27 PM

Cool

There's an ORA forum? Hilarious. A forum for a coin with no actual coin.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:17:41 PM

Cool

Are you saying there was never a forum without a coin?  Cool

A forum is needed to manage certain things. Its easier that way. Less messy.

rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:41:00 PM

Cool

Yes but they were forums that had a coin in development about to be released. Ora in theory IF Qora don't release the Source code will NEVER have a coin. I know you are the guy behind it but seriously no one takes Ora seriously.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

Cool

Yes but they were forums that had a coin in development about to be released. Ora in theory IF Qora don't release the Source code will NEVER have a coin. I know you are the guy behind it but seriously no one takes Ora seriously.

I am not behind it. I got involved when Kora asked me to hold the assets until real coins are issued. If you ask me chances of Ora will be using Qora's source code is 50%. So maybe Ora will not be using Qora's source code. Maybe. Its upto the dev. We cant judge the future. But we can certainly plan towards the future. What happens after that ....

SomethingElse

Activity: 210

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:53:48 PM

I think Node has an AE too, so Qora isn't second.

In addition there is counterparty, bitshares, and mastercoin, so really adding an AE isn't that revolutionary. But if there are some new features then that will be nice.

NEM
zestycat

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:00:44 PM

It almost seems like you need to develop a specific niche within the asset exchange space to accelerate adoption. wonder what that will be.
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:05:24 PM

I think Node has an AE too, so Qora isn't second.

In addition there is counterparty, bitshares, and mastercoin, so really adding an AE isn't that revolutionary. But if there are some new features then that will be nice.

Node doesn't have a blockchain yet...

Node has been caught recently obscuring it's wallet code, as it was always going to be NXT Lite rather than a new code you got to wonder what they are hiding.

But you are right AE is not revolutionary or is it the intellectual property of NXT which some people seem to think it is. You can trade assets on Ripple.

When I said second I meant a brand new coded coin has a proper asset exchange. I guess you can say third if you count Mastercoin which is built on Bitcoin.
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:11:20 PM

It almost seems like you need to develop a specific niche within the asset exchange space to accelerate adoption. wonder what that will be.

user friendliness is massively underrated. In the end it will be what people like using. How is Bank of America different to Wells Fargo, technically I have no idea how they run things, what people do know is what the service is like and which one they prefer.

What I don't like is some coins thinking they already won the race cause they now have more marketcap than others. We are still in infancy, how many people hold assets in a cryptocurrency on an AE, 0.00001% or am I being too generous.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: