Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honesty Integrity  (Read 646 times)
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

Does Individual honesty and or Personal Intellectual Integrity play any part in your Religious belief System?

There seems to be many religious people around here who don't mind breaking a few Biblical commandments, especially the one concerning false witness/ lying.
What may be the most ironic is, it is the non-believers who are calling them on it!

"Do as I say, but Not what I do!"  seems to have replaced the, "Do unto others as You would have done to You".

Has out-right lying/ bearing false witness become a part of your religion?

noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

Does Individual honesty and or Personal Intellectual Integrity play any part in your Religious belief System?

Well?  Is the question all that difficult to comprehend? Being a non-Christian I can state with certainty that without honesty and integrity a person has nothing. If you can't be honest, why would you bother participating in a discussion at all, unless your intentions are to knowingly post lies; to deliberately be dishonest?
Why do you Christians have a problem with an honest question?  It's not 'flame-bait".

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:39:31 PM

Well?  Is the question all that difficult to comprehend? Being a non-Christian I can state with certainty that without honesty and integrity a person has nothing. If you can't be honest, why would you bother participating in a discussion at all, unless your intentions are to knowingly post lies; to deliberately be dishonest?
Why do you Christians have a problem with an honest question?  It's not 'flame-bait".
Tolerance isn't enough:  Max Shulman's essay.  Engaging the idea is the only way to arrive at some range of truth.  Truth is a moving target.  Lies, when one believes, are not much easier to hit.

What I love about online discussions with you good people is the opportunity to speak freely without the consequences involved in discussing issues with family and friends.  So, I enjoy the honesty.  Now, some enjoy the lies.  That's fine.  Either way, the ideas are engaged and the possibility remains that truth will inevitably surface.

Frustrating, but not necessarily a waste of time.

noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:55:44 PM

Tolerance isn't enough:  Max Shulman's essay.  Engaging the idea is the only way to arrive at some range of truth.  Truth is a moving target.  Lies, when one believes, are not much easier to hit.

What I love about online discussions with you good people is the opportunity to speak freely without the consequences involved in discussing issues with family and friends.  So, I enjoy the honesty.  Now, some enjoy the lies.  That's fine.  Either way, the ideas are engaged and the possibility remains that truth will inevitably surface.

Frustrating, but not necessarily a waste of time.
You are not alone, umair127.  THE RULE at most family dinner discussions.....

No sex
No Politics
No religion...

But, don't discount the possibility of making friends, umair127, even if it is just in cyberspace.

noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:02:54 PM

The question stands.
Isn't it interesting that among the numerous Christians in this group who are reading this right now, they are the most reluctant to answer it?

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:08:54 PM

The question stands.
Isn't it interesting that among the numerous Christians in this group who are reading this right now, they are the most reluctant to answer it?
Yes.  It is directly responsible for my lack of specific religious belief.  I had to be honest with myself a long time ago in Sunday school that what i was listening to was man-made crap and I had to have the intellectual integrity to admit it publicly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: