Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chocolate Bitcoins: Custom Chocolate Coins [Gauging Interest]  (Read 915 times)
RaggedMonk (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 11:53:15 PM

I just got in touch with a service which makes custom chocolate coins.  I think Chocolate Bitcoins would be awesome.  They would have the Bitcoin symbol in the center and text along the edge (TBD, but perhaps "In Cryptography We Trust).

I'd like to gauge interest to see if I could hit the economy of scale necessary for this to make sense.  If there is a lot of interest, it could be cheaper than these prices.

Rough Price estimates (shipping not included):
1 BTC - 6 Coins
2.5 BTC - 25 Coins
5 BTC - 60 Coins
10 BTC -  160 Coins

Would you buy these?  If so, what price point/number of coins would you be interested in purchasing? 
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 12:16:28 AM

(TBD, but perhaps "In Cryptography We Trust).
"Strength In Numbers" or "Safety In Numbers" is my favorite variant of this slogan.

About how big are these coins?

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:21:35 AM

(TBD, but perhaps "In Cryptography We Trust).
"Strength In Numbers" or "Safety In Numbers" is my favorite variant of this slogan.

About how big are these coins?

They appear to be pretty standard chocolate coins.  About 1" in diameter, maybe slightly bigger.
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 02:19:37 AM

They are 1.5" in diameter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: