Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:48:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Mining profitability is a joke  (Read 8344 times)
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:48:02 AM

new billing cycle, tier 1 power is down to 0.07, i'll be there for 3 weeks till i hit tier 2, then its back to break even

wickedseraphim

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:13:08 AM

it's getting cold out. unplugged my GPUs in the spring because of the heat, and just dropped out of mining. About to hook them back up to mine, but mine what? I'm out of the loop! I don't care about profits at this point, just want to mine something I can trade even if it's 20 cents a day, it's cheaper to mine than to run my heater! I used to mine Doge, but how's DigiByte doing? any suggestions?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:18:38 AM

it's getting cold out. unplugged my GPUs in the spring because of the heat, and just dropped out of mining. About to hook them back up to mine, but mine what? I'm out of the loop! I don't care about profits at this point, just want to mine something I can trade even if it's 20 cents a day, it's cheaper to mine than to run my heater! I used to mine Doge, but how's DigiByte doing? any suggestions?

Sadly most coins are just not profitable with GPU's.   You will want to look in to coins that are not straight scrypt to avoid competing aginst asics.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:37:01 AM

lol I got out of GPU mining in January and didn't look back.  GPU mining died when all the Scrypt ASICs were announced around then.  Many GPU miners gave up their GPU farms.  There are still a few stubborn ones trying to survive but since there aren't many GPU miners left there isn't the same demands for ASIC resistance coins.  GPU mining just faded away.
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:59:33 AM

MiningRigRentals most proffitable since a long time for me doing mostly X11.
TheBeardedMann

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:50:02 AM

Most profitable way to use your GPUs is to get a Steam account.  Having fun is a profit too.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:20:44 AM

lol I got out of GPU mining in January and didn't look back.  GPU mining died when all the Scrypt ASICs were announced around then.  Many GPU miners gave up their GPU farms.  There are still a few stubborn ones trying to survive but since there aren't many GPU miners left there isn't the same demands for ASIC resistance coins.  GPU mining just faded away.

you missed aurora, blackcoin and other enormous pump. january-june(until jackpot era) was still pretty good

the decline started around july-august
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:00:25 PM

Could be worth mining CANN.
Up from 10 sats to 2000 in last few months.
About to have first sale of CANNdy medical marijuana in Arizona next weekend...
1g mm for 1 CANN @ participating dispensaries.
So target price is about $5 each CANN... Great if it comes together.

On 2 x 7950's + CPU I mine about 50 a day.
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:21:19 AM

I think I shut mine down for good around June? Ebay'd em off... now that was VERY sad ROI even though most all were bought before the crazy price spikes... Just going to put together a gaming rig with one of the mobos I have left...
grouper fish

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:15:57 AM

been mining XMR for the last few months and it's still working "ok".

Actually thinking of addind a few more cards but I dont know what the best watt per hash card is right now?

Mayby 750 ti or is there a AMD card that can compete? Right now I'm using undervolted 280x.

ayruel

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:10:19 PM

lets create 3d gpu render farm community..
btw ..supercomputer still needed at animation studios,movie,cartoon,etc.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:12:15 PM

Mine's paid off and still mining at a profit.

which coin are you mining ?
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:46:22 PM

Multipool or NiceHash on X11.

I have 3 GPUs just sitting idle and will try multipool . Lets see if its worth the trouble  Cheesy
nsimmons

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:37:45 PM

He's leaving the part out where he has custom kernels he won't share. Not that I blame him.

Michael98

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:40:53 PM

GPU mining at present is not a joke. Well! nothing is joking.

GPU has their value. like they can mine any coin and about asic, It can't.

Monero can be mined with it.
nsimmons

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:54:20 PM

GPU mining at present is not a joke. Well! nothing is joking.

GPU has their value. like they can mine any coin and about asic, It can't.

Monero can be mined with it.

Monero has been mining at a loss since bcx threatened it. I don't know why the network rate is so high, it was lower when the coin was 2.18, now at 1.11, I'd lose about 5 dollars a day mining it. My my cheap tier one power at 0.07 i would make a dollar a day with monero, there's better opportunities elsewhere.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: