Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guys think about Mars one?  (Read 1465 times)
MarisaFea (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:28:25 PM

I forgot about this project recently and I can remember seeing it for the first time and I was simply amazed by what they are trying to achieve what is your guys input on this complex subject?
MarisaFea (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:39:03 PM

Here's the link for anyone who hasn't heard about it: http://www.mars-one.com/
Bigbear8

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:12:24 PM

Yeah this is amazing, I am really waiting for the day when first human will land on Mars surface, this will be a historical achievement. Will be very interested. Smiley
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:57:59 PM

A two years journey for a crew of just four people is hard... I think they should reconsider this.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:33:30 PM

Going to Mars is always an interesting idea. And, you have to start somewhere. Personally I would rather most of the bugs were worked out before I did it.

I think that the fiat currencies will collapse, throwing the whole world into turmoil, before these people get going. But if it happens after we get some folks out there, they will probably be stranded, unless the 4 that are already out there, and the 4 replacements that are on the way, decide that they all are going to return together, once they hear of the collapse over the radio.

If we DO manage to get people on Mars, I seriously doubt that we will get a self-sustaining colony going before the collapse.

Any way, it'll be more dangerous, and harder work, than most of the group can imagine.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BPMich

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:56:51 PM

I think it's an awesome project that the humankind needs, even if it just to increase interest in space travel and the colonization of Mars.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:01:08 AM

I think it's an awesome project that the humankind needs, even if it just to increase interest in space travel and the colonization of Mars.

Then there's the street people in the U.S. - a lot of them ex-military - and the homeless kids, and the people living in their cars because they lost their homes to a corrupt banking system, all who don't think about the Mars One project very much, because they are almost starving to death.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:13:01 PM

Then there's the street people in the U.S. - a lot of them ex-military - and the homeless kids, and the people living in their cars because they lost their homes to a corrupt banking system, all who don't think about the Mars One project very much, because they are almost starving to death.

Smiley

If you would rather do drugs all day then get a job to pay rent then yeah your gonna end up homeless. I have no sympathy for people addicted to drugs or lazy. Now that being said of course I do have sympathy for the rare homeless person that is actively looking for a job but just cannot find one and is not addicted to drugs or alcohol. Now back to the topic at hand of mars one.

I cannot find where I read it but I believe they said they will be televising the training of the people chosen to go to mars.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:20:06 PM

Smiley

If you would rather do drugs all day then get a job to pay rent then yeah your gonna end up homeless. I have no sympathy for people addicted to drugs or lazy. Now that being said of course I do have sympathy for the rare homeless person that is actively looking for a job but just cannot find one and is not addicted to drugs or alcohol. Now back to the topic at hand of mars one.

I cannot find where I read it but I believe they said they will be televising the training of the people chosen to go to mars.

you talk like finding a job is easy
Cryptie

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:11:11 PM

I think at some point it is our second home, new home
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

I think at some point it is our second home, new home

We'll never make it. The economy is on the verge of a gigantic collapse. I would hate to be among those that went with the idea that a return ship would bring me back.

If we get there at all, and if those who are there aren't self sustaining when the crash comes, they will die young.

Smiley

SBradford

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:00:43 AM

This project is good however it could be our vacation home not a living home. No matter what they do it would still be far from being a better place to live like earth.
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 10:10:19 PM

This would be a suicide mission. I think the company are not capable of doing this project. Project like this needs NASA.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:57:42 PM

From what I have read, it sounds like it won't get off the ground for many different reasons. Funding is probably one of the larger problems they will face. It will likely be very difficult raise the $6b needed for the first manned flight, not to mention their estimate is seen as unrealistically low.
PrimedicePlayersUnion

Activity: 70

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:30:06 AM

i subscribed to the newsletter

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:44:27 AM

What would the Martians think if earth won?    Cheesy

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:03:13 AM

This would be a suicide mission.

So is staying on the planet Earth.

If by suicide mission, you mean they will eventually die.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Champ92

Activity: 112

☯YIN YANG KING☯

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:02:31 AM

What would the Martians think if earth won?    Cheesy

They will think that humans have brains.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: