Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:38:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU-Cluster/mining venture partners sought  (Read 1384 times)
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 04:53:58 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2011, 05:05:59 AM by moa

After watching the bitcoin growth since early in the New Year I feel it is now time to put forward a project I have been evaluating since then.

I am investigating putting together an operation to purchase/lease one of these cabinets from SGI.

http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/prism_xl/

From my evaluations so far, it is the best technically 'GPU cluster in a cabinet solution' currently on the market suited to mining. They can supply an option to run 5970's.

http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/prism_xl/specs.html

The basic strategy at this point is to set-up the machine to mine. It can alternatively perform any other HPC tasks that customers may feel like submitting to the machine based on market rates for the machine's time and bitcoin output.

I'm a hardware/linux/real-time-control/networking/system engineer but have a wide experience base and a jack-of-all-trades skill set. I have access to experienced HPC programmers and sys. admins who can work on contract.

I have some funds (and much time) to invest but not enough to carry this whole project on my own and am therefore looking for a solid backer and/or business partner(s).

Please PM me for further details/discussion and expressions of interest.

Note: I will not be answering questions related to this venture on the public forum. PM serious enquiries only please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

May 07, 2011, 05:00:06 AM

Where would it be hosted is a crucial question in knowing what the likely returns would be. If you have to pay rent and electricity and at what rate that means you cant cover the base costs of hosting it ?

What minimum investment are you after ?

Have you thought about listing on glbse.com to raise the capital ?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 07:07:45 AM

From my evaluations so far, it is the best technically 'GPU cluster in a cabinet solution' currently on the market suited to mining. They can supply an option to run 5970's.
That solution looks like a very beautiful and expensive solution. If you've seen the typical rigs around this place, price/performance is what matters. Not how cute the hardware looks. I would love to see your cost estimates on that thing.

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: