Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:08:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for promoting bitcoin to mass public  (Read 4430 times)
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:23:24 AM

From what i am thinking we should start a facebook page with some posts explaining how BTC works.
Then a post how to become a millionaire. The giveaway thing can totally work. like bring 10 friends of yours to this page and you get 0.002 btc this could eventually work out if everyone plays their part. But the question is where will we get those 0.002 btc. So it would only be possible for a guy who has tons of BTC and can get back his profit after BTC reaches 5000$ or 10K$ landmark Cheesy
ErnieX

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:44:12 PM

Send Obama a bitcoin and let him mention it on tv.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:49:26 PM

Nice, but how do we get him a wallet address?  Tongue
ErnieX

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:51:05 PM

Give it to Michelle?
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:52:29 PM

Maybe some other celebs that are more receptive to audience tweets and mails etc? THeyd hopefully mention it on their shows and it would have more impact than any president lol

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Mightycoin

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:23:49 PM

Bitcoin can be easily advertised if companies start accepting it, along with Paypal.

Then it will also become more publicly used.
TheAccountant

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:57:36 PM

You could send Obama a tip on @changetip.  They will set up a wallet for his twitter account, which he can claim if he chooses.

gjgjg

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:09:45 PM

You could send Obama a tip on @changetip.  They will set up a wallet for his twitter account, which he can claim if he chooses.

Nice! I just signed in and they gave me 50c for free. If many of us tip the same person it might get attention. I what about Colbert or similar? I'd imagine he'd be more open to mentioning it and getting some more momentum with it?

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
TheAccountant

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:40:18 PM

Nice! I just signed in and they gave me 50c for free. If many of us tip the same person it might get attention. I what about Colbert or similar? I'd imagine he'd be more open to mentioning it and getting some more momentum with it?

@madbitcoins tried to get a mass tipping to Youtube celebrity Jenna Marbles a couple of weeks ago.  She didn't respond/collect the bitcoins and after a while it looked like borderline Internet stalking.  I'm not sure any celebrities (other than some of the more tech savvy like Tim Farris, Mark Cuban, etc.) will take the tip and start talking about it.  Joe Rogan has had two podcasts on it, but that was back when it was over $800.
MoonTime

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:41:06 PM

If some rich guy takes initiative of paying all television advertising costs, and all banners offline, then it will be a great promotion..
Hashforfun

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:27:07 PM

How about asking for BTC option everytime you are about to pay something? It will increase the word use and people will start becoming aware.
TETOCONPOLERA

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

How about asking for BTC option everytime you are about to pay something? It will increase the word use and people will start becoming aware.

I do this all the time in pages like ebay!
gjgjg

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:46:28 PM

@madbitcoins tried to get a mass tipping to Youtube celebrity Jenna Marbles a couple of weeks ago.  She didn't respond/collect the bitcoins and after a while it looked like borderline Internet stalking.  I'm not sure any celebrities (other than some of the more tech savvy like Tim Farris, Mark Cuban, etc.) will take the tip and start talking about it.  Joe Rogan has had two podcasts on it, but that was back when it was over $800.

I just tipped Colbert and Jimmy Fallon as they seem like the type to bring it up on their shows, I dont actually know any other USA presenters anyway lol
If they even notice it, it might stick in their minds at least

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
CozyLife

Activity: 84

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:50:51 PM

If everyone tells two people about Bitcoin each week, the number of people working with Bitcoin in some capacity could grow faster. As blockchain technology continues to evolve, people will see Bitcoin and blockchain technology every day. You won't be able to go somewhere without seeing something about Bitcoin. Think of how many places show prices in the local currency. If people start seeing BTC everywhere, then they'll need to learn more about it in order to shop while using Bitcoin.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:22:10 PM

Tell him installing the software prints a coupon for a free large bucket of KFC and a 35 pound watermelon.

Perlover

Activity: 162
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:46:29 PM

I will make a following action for my friends:

1) I printed paper wallets as banknotes with private keys (https://www.offlineaddress.com/)
2) I sent there 0.005 BTC in every

3) I invite my friend to restaurant
4) I give every person by bitcoin "banknote"

And here interesting Smiley

5) We eat but i notified them before restaurant that they will pay by cash but i send amount equivalent at end of our meal (right in restaurant from my Adnroid phone through "Bitcoin Wallet") to each to his paper wallet in pulic address.
6) May be i will print small crib how to use bitcoin (software wallets for phones)

Goals:

1) It's fun
2) I spread some bitcoins between people and they get a real tools for trying.
3) We eat fine and they learn new technologies

So they will get real bitcoins, fine meal and beautyful paper wallet.

Yes, it costs for me. But it can be done not often Smiley
Freshlikeduggie

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:23:10 AM

The promotion of bitcoin will come from VC investment.

And on a more gradual pace P2P.

Flowing through my phone electricity.

Asking the exponential question explicitly.

"Do you take bitcoin for these?"

gjgjg

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:26:05 AM

Actually when i used changetip it sent another tweet afterwards to them with a link for them to create a wallet to receive my tip to them.
if they never do this im not sure what will happen to the bitcoin...

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
qwerty555

Activity: 405

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:56:28 AM

The promotion of bitcoin will come from VC investment.

And on a more gradual pace P2P.

Flowing through my phone electricity.

Asking the exponential question explicitly.

"Do you take bitcoin for these?"

Already started  ......from 10,000 merchants to 35,000 + today, with a target of 1 million in 27 months  that is fast promotion

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718153.0

“We have set a goal to enroll 1 million merchants by the end of 2016 […] When we started BitPay in 2011, we saw an opportunity to finally give merchants around the world relief from interchange fees. By offering a basic plan that is free and unlimited, forever, we give merchants yet another reason to be excited about bitcoin.”

http://www.coindesk.com/bitpay-eliminates-fees-basic-merchant-processing/
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:01:31 AM

Nice, but how do we get him a wallet address?  Tongue

You could send Obama a tip on @changetip.  They will set up a wallet for his twitter account, which he can claim if he chooses.

@madbitcoins tried to get a mass tipping to Youtube celebrity Jenna Marbles a couple of weeks ago.  She didn't respond/collect the bitcoins and after a while it looked like borderline Internet stalking.  I'm not sure any celebrities (other than some of the more tech savvy like Tim Farris, Mark Cuban, etc.) will take the tip and start talking about it.  Joe Rogan has had two podcasts on it, but that was back when it was over $800.
I don't think we need celebrities mentioning bitcoin for it to be know to the mass public. Bitcoin is well known enough so that most people have at least heard about it, but probably don't know what it is/how it works. It has made the news many times, and there has been the misconception that bitcoin has "filed for bankruptcy" many times. What needs to happen is for the public to be better educated as to how bitcoin works.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: