Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD!!!] [WTS] Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 4GB Factory Overclocked  (Read 1784 times)
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 05:30:41 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2012, 08:53:53 AM by allinvain

Hi everyone. I'm offering for sale a Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 card. This card has never been used. Let me explain. The previous 5970 (same make and model as the one I'm selling) was faulty (was blue screening under load) so I RMA'ed it and Sapphire send back this one.

For more details on this card you can see this link:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=645&pid=345&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

For high resolutions pictures of the card look here:

http://prohardver.hu/dl/cnt/2010-07/62948/picz/sapp_front1.jpg

http://prohardver.hu/dl/cnt/2010-07/62948/picz/sapp_front2.jpg

http://prohardver.hu/dl/cnt/2010-07/62948/picz/sapp_back1.jpg

http://prohardver.hu/dl/cnt/2010-07/62948/picz/sapp_back2.jpg

This card is factory overclocked and runs with each core at 850 MHz. The triple-fan cooling solution Sapphire implemented is really good at keeping this beast nice and cool even at full load. The card never got above 68C at full load even after weeks of mining.

Overall I would say this would make a great gaming/part-time mining card.

Asking price $350 USD equivalent in BTC. I am open to bargaining of course.

I will ship anywhere in the world as long as you pay the shipping costs.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

-edit-- SOLD!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 05:41:16 AM

Where is this shipping from?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 05:42:21 AM

Ontario, Canada.

I can declare a lower value for the card if it helps as well.

DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 05:46:29 AM

Ontario, Canada.

I'l take it for $350 shipped via Canada Post Expedited Parcel to Nova Scotia postal code B4H 3J9.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 05:48:43 AM

Ontario, Canada.

I'l take it for $350 shipped via Canada Post Expedited Parcel to Nova Scotia postal code B4H 3J9.

It's yours Smiley Let me confirm the shipping cost first thing today in the morning - shouldn't be more than $25 or $32 or somewhere around that range. If this is the case it's all yours.

DILLIGAF

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 05:55:25 AM

Ontario, Canada.

It's yours Smiley Let me confirm the shipping cost first thing today in the morning - shouldn't be more than $25 or $32 or somewhere around that range. If this is the case it's all yours.

Ok let me know then I'm thinking you could probably get away with $20 for that service level, one I got from Ottawa last week was something around the $30 range Xpresspost if I remember the label correctly.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 05:58:28 AM

Yep, I shall do that. I take it also that you don't need the accessories that came with the board? If not I will ship it in the same box the RMA came in (it will have a lot of foam around it).

DILLIGAF

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:09:11 AM

Yep, I shall do that. I take it also that you don't need the accessories that came with the board? If not I will ship it in the same box the RMA came in (it will have a lot of foam around it).

No don't need the disks, if it had any splitters for the power could use them. I'm going to PM you the address to send to and you can post a BTC address to send the BTC too. I'm confident enough the price of postage will be within your range that you may as well be sending the package when your there checking. BTC price right now is $4.75 so ~73.7 BTC does this sound good to you?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 06:27:44 AM

I dunno if it came with any power splitters though - just a few dongles (dvi, etc) and a crossfire bridge. The card takes 2 8-pin PCIE power connectors.

Check your PM box.

DILLIGAF

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:29:46 AM

I dunno if it came with any power splitters though - just a few dongles (dvi, etc) and a crossfire bridge. The card takes 2 8-pin PCIE power connectors.

Check your PM box.

Alright payment sent to your address provided.

d72e13c73678f58be5cdae16329300930a02c17a5f5b4f98185985fec94f9592
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 06:42:46 AM

Excellent. Thanks. I've confirmed receipt of payment. The card will be shipped today in the morning (around 9:30'ish am EST).

Let me know when you get it and please do put it through some extensive testing. The card is still under the manufacturer's warranty period. The card was bought locally 3/26/2011. However Sapphire's warranty terms are disappointing. It looks like only the original purchaser can RMA the card.

"RMA/Warranty

Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty with all enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase. This can only be carried out by the original purchaser Please contact your Dealer/Reseller for Warranty / RMA service. They will require proof of purchase which includes the original invoice/documentation.
Product Warranty will not be valid even if returned after purchased for the following cases:
-Products that are defaced or physically damaged and modified by customer.
-Products that become non-functional due to customer improper use.
-Products that cannot be verified as Sapphire products.
-Products that do not have a matching serial number between the product
and the original receipt.
-Products not sold from our official distributors or resellers.

GPU or ASIC device (VGA) is sensitive to thermal (heat) issue. The heat sink or fan is designed to meet the requirements for reliability of the product and the warranty is rendered invalid if the product is dismantled or the heat sink or cooler fan are removed as this may causes damage to the GPU or ASIC device . Non-compliance will cause the warranty of the product to be void and repair will be at the users cost.

Currently Sapphire does not directly provide any warranty extensions. Please contact your reseller or distributor for any 3rd party warranty extensions that may be available through them. Any extensions provided by the reseller are independent of Sapphire.

All replacement product may include new, reworked or refurbished product and parts.

Any repaired, replaced or exchanged products will be covered for the remaining period of the original warranty.

Sapphire reserves the right to change this policy without advance notice.
General Card Specifications can vary due to component availability.
NB: Warranty may vary from Country/Region and the customer must verify directly with the Sapphire Authorised Dealer/Reseller from where the product was purchased..
For any overseas return on RMA outside their normal warranty with their local supplier, the local RMA centre will apply a basic administration fee to cover the logistics return of the RMA items back and forth from Hong Kong."

DILLIGAF

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:50:29 AM

Excellent. Thanks. I've confirmed receipt of payment. The card will be shipped today in the morning (around 9:30'ish am EST).

Let me know when you get it and please do put it through some extensive testing. The card is still under the manufacturer's warranty period. The card was bought locally 3/26/2011. However Sapphire's warranty terms are disappointing. It looks like only the original purchaser can RMA the card.

Oh yeah it will be extensively tested alright that baby is going to be hashing about ten minutes after I get it and I will post back in the thread once it gets here perhaps the next day just to confirm it works as expected.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 07:01:44 AM

Oh yeah it will be extensively tested alright that baby is going to be hashing about ten minutes after I get it and I will post back in the thread once it gets here perhaps the next day just to confirm it works as expected.

hehehe Smiley yeah that's what that baby was born to do!

likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:26:52 PM

Damn my time zone...

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 02:24:16 PM

lol, sorry likuidxd :p...

DILLIGAF check your PM box, I sent you the tracking #.

DILLIGAF

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 07:05:55 PM

lol, sorry likuidxd :p...

DILLIGAF check your PM box, I sent you the tracking #.

Yes I have seen it, thanks.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 03:37:27 PM

You're welcome...give me a PM or post here when you get the card.

DILLIGAF

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 06:57:29 PM

The previous 5970 (same make and model as the one I'm selling) was faulty (was blue screening under load) so I RMA'ed it and Sapphire send back this one. This card is factory overclocked and runs with each core at 850 MHz.

The last part being the reason you had to RMA the settings in the BIOSs for it are junk, once you do some editing this card runs damn well and cool due to fans on it. So in short now I screwed with it a bit the card works great at a rock solid 800 MHz on each core at 1 volt for a savings of 110 watts of power drawn from the wall over the shipped settings. Thanks.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 12:33:40 AM

The previous 5970 (same make and model as the one I'm selling) was faulty (was blue screening under load) so I RMA'ed it and Sapphire send back this one. This card is factory overclocked and runs with each core at 850 MHz.

The last part being the reason you had to RMA the settings in the BIOSs for it are junk, once you do some editing this card runs damn well and cool due to fans on it. So in short now I screwed with it a bit the card works great at a rock solid 800 MHz on each core at 1 volt for a savings of 110 watts of power drawn from the wall over the shipped settings. Thanks.

Hmm, I see. I never bothered to mess with its BIOS, but in retrospect I should've instead of trusting Sapphire. But in the end I wanted to replace it with a BFL Single so I'm happy and you're happy, and we're all happy. All is well in the world for now Smiley

That's a nice power savings  btw Smiley

I wish this forum had some feedback or reputation system...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: