Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox - delays with telegraphic transfers?  (Read 2660 times)
LordGreynick (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 08:47:28 AM

Anyone else getting longer than usual delays with Mt Gox?

I lodged a support ticket, provided the details they wanted but the funds still haven't hit my account. Usually its same day, this time its been 4 days.

Really strange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 08:54:14 AM

I lodged a support ticket, provided the details they wanted but the funds still haven't hit my account. Usually its same day, this time its been 4 days.

Really strange.

Hi, you will get all the details here https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20490576-withdrawals-and-deposits and as you can see it is usually between 2 to 5 business days...

So don't worry it will arrive soon!

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 05:43:49 AM

Really strange.

Hi, you will get all the details here https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20490576-withdrawals-and-deposits and as you can see it is usually between 2 to 5 business days...

Well .. end of the 5th day and still nothing Sad
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 05:57:52 AM

Really strange.

Please open a ticket and we will check this out for you!

LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:23:46 AM

Really strange.

Already have - 23108
LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 10:11:07 AM

Really strange.

So nothing? No responses at all?
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 02:33:08 AM

Ok, we figured-out what went wrong, and the support will update your ticket explaining why this particular TT is taking time.

LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 02:52:56 AM

Ok, we figured-out what went wrong, and the support will update your ticket explaining why this particular TT is taking time.

Ok Mt Gox Support - telling me the person has been away on holidays isn't very helpful. Now coming back to me telling me that I shouldn't have deposited the funds using my normal method because you've put an obscure post on the some forums to warn people not to is just not acceptable.

There should have been some warning sent via email to all users or on the website on login.

Now, telling me I wont receive my funds back for 2-3 weeks is totally and absolutely poor.

Please resolve this ASAP. I need my funds and I need them now. Not 4 weeks after a deposit.

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 05:12:26 AM

Ok Mt Gox Support - telling me the person has been away on holidays isn't very helpful. Now coming back to me telling me that I shouldn't have deposited the funds using my normal method because you've put an obscure post on the some forums to warn people not to is just not acceptable.

There should have been some warning sent via email to all users or on the website on login.

Now, telling me I wont receive my funds back for 2-3 weeks is totally and absolutely poor.

Please resolve this ASAP. I need my funds and I need them now. Not 4 weeks after a deposit.

Well.

1. Obscure post on the Forum? What about official Channels?
https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21131453-temporary-suspension-of-hsbc-deposits
https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120307.html

2. The HSBC Deposit method
This method has been removed from our system and no longer available to all our costumers the 7 or March, the say day as the announcement. You sent the fund, according to your ticket the 27 of March. 20 days after the announcement and that we locked this deposit method.

As for today there isn't much we can do, we communicate as much as possible about this issue and removed this option the same day. Now contact your bank and check with them when they will get back your deposit (they will do it soon)

Regards

LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 07:08:57 AM

Well.

1. Obscure post on the Forum? What about official Channels?
https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21131453-temporary-suspension-of-hsbc-deposits
https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120307.html

As for today there isn't much we can do, we communicate as much as possible about this issue

Regards

I'm sorry but I don't read the forums every day, nor should I have to!! MT Gox SHOULD have sent a general message to all users or to anyone that has used the wire transfer before / AND set up a message for anyone logging into their account

As for "there isn't much we can do" how about Mt Gox deposits the funds into my account and Mt Gox takes care of the delay itself. It shouldn't be up to a customer to worry about. It shouldn't take 4 weeks total before I get my funds, especially when its a substantial amount (over $5k USD!)

And .. as for "communicate as much as possible" NO, you did not. As I said, there should have been a message to everyone who logged in or an email to all users saying "WARNING DO NOT DEPOSIT FUNDS INTO HSBC"

I'm not usually one to get this upset, but put yourself in my position. You've deposited over $5k USD and now you're told you can't access it for 3-4 weeks. Seriously?!

I rang my bank and they told me the funds are gone. Tibane / Mt Gox has them and unless they send the funds back, the money is gone.

Grey
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 08:06:07 PM

Just so you know.

I sent 20k to MtGox HSBC. The next day the account got shut down.

MtGox had to recover all the funds from the account, and then they made a post about it and on their blog/website.

It took 14 days to get my funds back, but totally NOT mtgox's fault as HSBC had to reverse the wire.

Why should MtGox front you the cash when they don't have it themselves? Its not like they can tell HSBC to give them the money, HSBC reverses it.

I understand your furstration, but this is a case when MtGox could do nothing, except maybe communicate a little faster, but that does not warrant so much anger!

I got screwed, so did you. Let's get over it and move on  Grin

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 11:11:46 PM

Just so you know.

I sent 20k to MtGox HSBC. The next day the account got shut down.

MtGox had to recover all the funds from the account, and then they made a post about it and on their blog/website.

It took 14 days to get my funds back, but totally NOT mtgox's fault as HSBC had to reverse the wire.

Why should MtGox front you the cash when they don't have it themselves? Its not like they can tell HSBC to give them the money, HSBC reverses it.

I understand your furstration, but this is a case when MtGox could do nothing, except maybe communicate a little faster, but that does not warrant so much anger!

I got screwed, so did you. Let's get over it and move on  Grin

-Charlie

Mt Gox could have prevented this totally by simply sending a message to each user via email AND a message upon login. These aren't particularly difficult things to do.

"I got screwed, so did you" is simply admitting they've done the wrong thing. I expect them to fix it - it's their bank, not mine! I haven't done anything wrong and as a customer, an organisation that wants to do the right by them should be doing all it can to fix the problem and not let me be disadvantaged. Sorry, but me being without my funds for up to 4 weeks is totally unacceptable. And it IS Mt Gox's fault.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:39:18 AM

Mt Gox could have prevented this totally by simply sending a message to each user via email AND a message upon login. These aren't particularly difficult things to do.

"I got screwed, so did you" is simply admitting they've done the wrong thing. I expect them to fix it - it's their bank, not mine! I haven't done anything wrong and as a customer, an organisation that wants to do the right by them should be doing all it can to fix the problem and not let me be disadvantaged. Sorry, but me being without my funds for up to 4 weeks is totally unacceptable. And it IS Mt Gox's fault.
You really actually expect them to spam all their users with such a notification, even those that have not, will not, and can not use that particular deposit method? With all due respect sir, you are naive. One alternative way to alleviate this issue may be to notify only those that have used that method previously, but even then I would usually suggest checking the site to ensure that the deposit method is actually available before using it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:29:57 AM

You really actually expect them to spam all their users with such a notification, even those that have not, will not, and can not use that particular deposit method? With all due respect sir, you are naive. One alternative way to alleviate this issue may be to notify only those that have used that method previously, but even then I would usually suggest checking the site to ensure that the deposit method is actually available before using it.

I'm naive? With all due respect, if banks can do this, and often do, then Mt Gox can. I regularly get notifcations from my bank regarding similar type issues.

And you're right, anyone who had used that method before could have been contacted ... I have a supplier who has been waiting for funds for 2 weeks now. I've now lost the opportunity to buy the products I was buying at that cost - which represents a loss of over $3k USD to both myself and my client. 

All because Mt Gox couldn't adequately warn people not to use a trusted method of depositing funds.

What would be wrong with spamming all their users with this notifcation? Why should I have to go and read through forums before I do what's always worked without any issues?

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:56:44 AM

Why should I have to go and read through forums before I do what's always worked without any issues?

We never ask you / force you to read this forum, but at least we expect you to read official channels like

1. Our Press Release on our Home Page
2. Mt.Gox support Page
3. Logging to account and Deposit page (in your case)

and if this not enough for you we still have :

4. Mt.Gox Twitter & Facebook Account.

Now my question to you, how did you send the fund to HSBC when this option was removed (20 days prior to your wire) from our Deposit option... How did you then add access to these information?

LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 09:02:40 AM

Why should I have to go and read through forums before I do what's always worked without any issues?

We never ask you / force you to read this forum, but at least we expect you to read official channels like

2. Mt.Gox support Page

Now my question to you, how did you send the fund to HSBC when this option was removed (20 days prior to your wire) from our Deposit option... How did you then add access to these information?

Still not enough - they're all passive. Do something ACTIVE.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:27:55 PM

2. Mt.Gox support Page

Do I smell some backpedaling on the part of Mr. Greynick?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 09:03:15 PM

2. Mt.Gox support Page

Do I smell some backpedaling on the part of Mr. Greynick?

Not at all. I'm just sick to death of Mt Gox trying to justify not sending out blanket emails / or to anyone who had used this method before.

- Its not that hard to do
- Why wouldn't they do it?
- Its not MY bank that caused the issue, its theirs - so take the responsibility for it!
- 4 weeks for a customer to get their money back is too long

vs

- Mt Gox put some obscure announcements up that rarely get read / shouldn't need to be read on some hard to find forum
- Mt Gox fixing the issue by sorting the issue out with THEIR bank.
- Mt Gox depositing the funds into my account and they worry about the delay

Why is this difficult to understand? Its elemental customer service.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: