Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 08:38:27 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help for a noob  (Read 1638 times)
sharlatan (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:52:57 PM

i got a r-box and when i connect it to my pc it stops my icarus erupter i have them both running now somehow but the r-box is now running slow
 cg miner says
the device (icarus) is failing to initialise
 USB init, open device failed -err -12... you need to install a winusb driver for AMU device 1:4 and associate AMU device with WinUSB using zandig

constant error appearing on the cgminer window.
can anyone help?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:12:41 PM

I have an r-box and when I connect it to my PC it stops the icarus erupter. Somehow, I have them both running now, but the r-box is runs slow.

cgminer shows the device (icarus) is failing to initialize USB init, open device failed -err -12... you need to install a winusb driver for AMU device 1:4 and associate AMU device with WinUSB using zandig.

I keep getting constant error messages on the cgminer window thingy.

Can anyone help?

I hope the above helps you out, bud.
volosator

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:19:23 PM

Advice: use Linux for mining, windows gets you a lot of headache which could be avoided.

Check if you supply enough power for the miners. Run miner as administrator - that could help.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:13:12 PM

If you're using the custom branch of CGminer that Rockminer distributed. They hacked the Icarus driver to work with their hardware. The Icarus is actually an old FPGA miner. What do you mean by Icarus Erupter?

Try using the current version of BFGminer or CGminer. Both should support the R-Box and your other hardware. Good luck.

Personally I'd suggest getting a Raspberry Pi to run your R-boxes. Much lower power consumption than a computer. Distributions like Minepeon make setup rather easy.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:31:54 AM

Get a RPi for $35 and save the headache.  Mine are plug and play with the distro supplied by RockMiner.  I don't have a monitor connected so I just check the pool info. 
RW02

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:28:09 AM

look people giving useless advice.

onto the problem in hand
1 download latest cgminer
2.download zadig tool from same place
3.replace both mining device drivers using zadig to winusb driver
4.unplug the devices
5.plug them back in
6.enter your settings into cgminer like youve done before either by targe line or batch file
7.start cgmine
8.Thank me  Grin

9. have fun and happy mining
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: