Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoinMint.com is Live! 1oz Silver Bitcoins and 0.5g Gold Bits available  (Read 2176 times)
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 02:52:25 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2012, 03:21:51 PM by MyBitcoinMint

It has certainly taken some time, but I would like to announce that MyBitcoinMint.com is now live and open for business!

Our 1oz Silver Bitcoins are starting at $42.95, and the 1/2g Gold Bitcoin is $37.95.

Currently only accepting Mt Gox BTC for payment (in order to minimize currency risk), and we will be adding additional BTC and USD payment options shortly.

All orders are insured and shipped next business day.

Sound Money...from your hard drive, to your hand!

Gabriel Sukenik
My Bitcoin Mint

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:28:05 PM

Hi res images please?
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 07:44:53 PM

Above are images of the 1oz Silver Bitcoin. I will post pictures of the 0.5g Gold Bits shortly.

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 10:34:30 PM

*awakens the zombie thread*

Has anybody ever ordered and received one of these?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 03:33:05 PM

Hi icebreaker,

We've been working a bit behind the scenes to try and revive this zombie product as well Smiley We're looking for NFC app developers to help us create NFC-enabled physical Bitcoins.

A few Bitcoiners purchased these rounds at the first NYC Bitcoin Conference, BitInstant's Erik Voorhees has one, and forum member ercolinux (if i remembered that correctly) has ordered from us as well. They can all assure you these rounds are real Wink

If you'd like to purchase a Silver Bitcoin, feel free to PM or visit MyBitcoinMint.com

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:17:19 PM

Hi icebreaker,

We've been working a bit behind the scenes to try and revive this zombie product as well Smiley We're looking for NFC app developers to help us create NFC-enabled physical Bitcoins.

A few Bitcoiners purchased these rounds at the first NYC Bitcoin Conference, BitInstant's Erik Voorhees has one, and forum member ercolinux (if i remembered that correctly) has ordered from us as well. They can all assure you these rounds are real Wink

If you'd like to purchase a Silver Bitcoin, feel free to PM or visit MyBitcoinMint.com
http://www.tagstand.com/collections/nfc-kits/products/nfc-hacker-starter-kit-30-stickers

AFAIK, All you really have to do is write a private key to it.

MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 09:57:05 PM

Hi icebreaker,

http://www.tagstand.com/collections/nfc-kits/products/nfc-hacker-starter-kit-30-stickers

AFAIK, All you really have to do is write a private key to it.

Very true. Our goal is slightly different, because we are trying to completely remove the counter-party risk of having someone else create and be in control over your public + private key at any point. Now I'm no computer whiz, but after consulting with nerdier friends of mine, I believe it is possible to develop an app that can create a public and private key, and transfer those keys to an NFC chip. This would mean we could sell the NFC chip / Physical Bitcoin, and the customer would be able to create and export the private/public keys on their own. Thus, customers would not have to trust us and our ability to keep their keys a secret (or steal them Shocked).

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 10:17:04 PM

Very true. Our goal is slightly different, because we are trying to completely remove the counter-party risk of having someone else create and be in control over your public + private key at any point. Now I'm no computer whiz, but after consulting with nerdier friends of mine, I believe it is possible to develop an app that can create a public and private key, and transfer those keys to an NFC chip. This would mean we could sell the NFC chip / Physical Bitcoin, and the customer would be able to create and export the private/public keys on their own. Thus, customers would not have to trust us and our ability to keep their keys a secret (or steal them Shocked).

Just to play devil's advocate:  you're right that the customer would not have to trust you, but someone receiving a loaded coin from somebody other than you would instead have to trust whoever loaded the key - someone they will never be able to identify let alone take action against in the event of a fraud.

A user could already remove the counter-party risk on a Casascius coin, simply by printing his own private key on a round piece of paper like I do, attaching it to the coin under a round sticker of his own choosing, and funding it himself.  But by doing so, his coin would not have the property of being spendable to somebody else who doesn't trust him, because that next party has no independent way to know who generated the key within it and/or whether they still have a copy of the key.

Using NFC or RFID or any other similar technology in place of the paper doesn't improve on that problem in any useful way.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 03:13:31 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 04:06:08 AM by MyBitcoinMint

Just to play devil's advocate:  you're right that the customer would not have to trust you, but someone receiving a loaded coin from somebody other than you would instead have to trust whoever loaded the key - someone they will never be able to identify let alone take action against in the event of a fraud.

A user could already remove the counter-party risk on a Casascius coin, simply by printing his own private key on a round piece of paper like I do, attaching it to the coin under a round sticker of his own choosing, and funding it himself.  But by doing so, his coin would not have the property of being spendable to somebody else who doesn't trust him, because that next party has no independent way to know who generated the key within it and/or whether they still have a copy of the key.

Using NFC or RFID or any other similar technology in place of the paper doesn't improve on that problem in any useful way.

Hi Casascius! Always glad to have your input.

Agreed, a person-to-person physical exchange of these coins definitely has the trust problem. However, my main goal with this project isn't for these coins to be traded, but rather maximize the security of the public/private keys for the customer. With all the hacks Bitcoin has had, in particular the last few months, I think a product that the average person can both physically hold and also trust is an important product for timid Bitcoin noobs as well as serious Bitcoin investors looking for a safe, secure method of storage devoid of counter-party risk.

Now I'm not sure if this is possible (you'd know much better than I would), but I would also like these NFC-Physical Bitcoins to be able to transfer a limited amount of Bitcoins to another NFC-capable device, such as a friend's cell phone or your own cell phone. Say you had 1,000 BTC stored on your secured NFC Physical Bitcoin, but wanted to transfer 5 BTC for use on your phone or to pay a friend, these NFC devices could get around the 'trust' issue by directly transferring the coins between NFC devices.

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: