Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: American journalist James Foley reportedly beheaded by ISIS  (Read 11905 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:08:27 PM

While these animals hack off the heads of American citizens, our president is enjoying his vacation, thinking "yea, we are doing a good job over there" bombing a few.  Send in the dang Marines and end these people.
And what are you going to do different than Obama? Spew threats at Islam? Round up all Muslims and put them in internment camps.

What exactly is this magical foreign policy you are looking for, that you obviously think will make these terrorist zealots love us and stop trying to kill us?
Its obvious that obamas foreign policy in the ME that is to do the exact opposite of what bush did is a failure on every count. Its obvious that he should have addressed the war in Syria when it started instead of waiting for it to explode and create isis. And its obvious that the peace loving moderate muslims in the ME and across the globe are not going to lift a finger to stop the radicals and will allow them to continue on their rampage until the evil west stops them and then the moderate muslims can bitch about western intervention in the ME.
The Nazis, as evil as they were, had a secular leader, a Furher, telling them what to do. But ISIS is saying God Almighty is telling them to do this. That is much worse in my opinion. If you think the creator of the Universe is telling you to cut heads off.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:12:37 PM

Quite disturbing trend that American can get killed anywhere with the killer not having to face justice.

The country should held their citizen accountable for violent crime.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:22:24 PM

While these animals hack off the heads of American citizens, our president is enjoying his vacation, thinking "yea, we are doing a good job over there" bombing a few.  Send in the dang Marines and end these people.
And what are you going to do different than Obama? Spew threats at Islam? Round up all Muslims and put them in internment camps.

What exactly is this magical foreign policy you are looking for, that you obviously think will make these terrorist zealots love us and stop trying to kill us?
Its obvious that obamas foreign policy in the ME that is to do the exact opposite of what bush did is a failure on every count. Its obvious that he should have addressed the war in Syria when it started instead of waiting for it to explode and create isis. And its obvious that the peace loving moderate muslims in the ME and across the globe are not going to lift a finger to stop the radicals and will allow them to continue on their rampage until the evil west stops them and then the moderate muslims can bitch about western intervention in the ME.
The Nazis, as evil as they were, had a secular leader, a Furher, telling them what to do. But ISIS is saying God Almighty is telling them to do this. That is much worse in my opinion. If you think the creator of the Universe is telling you to cut heads off.
If it's a religious component you'd like then I would point to the LRA which has been operating since 1986 (though it is pretty small scale now). With the ISIS we've seen massacres and persecutions done in "God's name." we've seen that with the LRA too, though the LRA have also used different tactics in terms of heavy child soldier usage, forcing children to rape their grandparents and kill their family so that even if they escape they will forever be shunned in their home community (goal is to cut down on defection), we've seen recruitment tactics from them that involve burning down a school and capturing those who make it out alive, the beheading, debreasting, and other forms of mutilation of entire villages with machetes and the mass rape of thousands.

I'd point also to the Liberian Civil War, the civil war in Sierra Leone, the DRC conflicts, the Rwandan Genocide, the Bosnian Genocide, the Genocide in Darfur, etc. There are plenty of examples of incredibly horrible and near incomprehensible human treatment of each other, particularly during conflict.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:28:13 PM

If it's a religious component you'd like then I would point to the LRA which has been operating since 1986 (though it is pretty small scale now). With the ISIS we've seen massacres and persecutions done in "God's name." we've seen that with the LRA too, though the LRA have also used different tactics in terms of heavy child soldier usage, forcing children to rape their grandparents and kill their family so that even if they escape they will forever be shunned in their home community (goal is to cut down on defection), we've seen recruitment tactics from them that involve burning down a school and capturing those who make it out alive, the beheading, debreasting, and other forms of mutilation of entire villages with machetes and the mass rape of thousands.

I'd point also to the Liberian Civil War, the civil war in Sierra Leone, the DRC conflicts, the Rwandan Genocide, the Bosnian Genocide, the Genocide in Darfur, etc. There are plenty of examples of incredibly horrible and near incomprehensible human treatment of each other, particularly during conflict.
All of this is how war has been handled throughout history. The new idea of a polite and equitable war is unlikely to continue for long. Mostly it's been horrendous and filled with atrocities.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:00:55 PM

This problem cannot be looked at in Isolation, The whole swamp of hatred in the middle east is as a result of the money garbing western policies that first set up the dictatorial puppets so they could exploit the oil, then they went in and supported the "arab spring" and pumped heaps of weapons into the this festering swamp of hatred. Now because of this you have many pissed off second generation Muslims coming from Europe to join in what they see a legitimate war against all these western manipulations to eradicate any future western puppet democracy, Invading under bush was a bad idea and going after IS will result in even more extreme retaliation. If these youth return to Europe they going to bring this chaos there. Why these politicians are so short-sighted is beyond comprehension. The instability and misery they are causing will blow back. Drone attacks and arming people is not a solution. Israel just assassinated some Hamas  leaders while "negotiations" were supposedly taking place Huh

The only conclusion I can draw is; to these psychopathic leaders peace is not the prize, we are all expendable. The more conflicts there are, the more justification they have to kill and steel resources. Although the beheading of the journalist by IS is horrific, the complete reckless impunity that these leaders knowingly instigate an perpetuate violence war and hatred is far worse.                  

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:22:26 PM

This problem cannot be looked at in Isolation, The whole swamp of hatred in the middle east is as a result of the money garbing western policies that first set up the dictatorial puppets so they could exploit the oil, then they went in and supported the "arab spring" and pumped heaps of weapons into the this festering swamp of hatred. Now because of this you have many pissed off second generation Muslims coming from Europe to join in what they see a legitimate war against all these western manipulations to eradicate any future western puppet democracy, Invading under bush was a bad idea and going after IS will result in even more extreme retaliation. If these youth return to Europe they going to bring this chaos there. Why these politicians are so short-sighted is beyond comprehension. The instability and misery they are causing will blow back. Drone attacks and arming people is not a solution. Israel just assassinated some Hamas  leaders while "negotiations" were supposedly taking place Huh

The only conclusion I can draw is; to these psychopathic leaders peace is not the prize, we are all expendable. The more conflicts there are, the more justification they have to kill and steel resources. Although the beheading of the journalist by IS is horrific, the complete reckless impunity that these leaders knowingly instigate an perpetuate violence war and hatred is far worse.                  
That is why they are called the "Religion of Peace." Because when they kill you, they do it in a "Peaceful" way. Actually it's the Religion of Pieces, because when they murder you, you usually end up in pieces.

10Kyu2000

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:00:42 AM

James Foley was a victim of murder, but by the content and the presentation of how ISIS decided to execute him suggest that Foley was also victim of being forced to say the things he said in his last moments.

In his last moments the ISIS scum manage to intimidate Foley long enough to make him say the things he said, since one of goals of ISIS is to make an state that dominates every Islamic country and put they're will over others by force, is obvious that they will use the worst kind of intimidation that will make them control the people they have in they're power and make them obey.

ISIS breaks every value of the Islamic ways and killing journalist and reporters because they inform the world the truth is really depreciable and a sign of having no sense of dignity, they´re goals are truly worthless.

itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:50:06 AM

While these animals hack off the heads of American citizens, our president is enjoying his vacation, thinking "yea, we are doing a good job over there" bombing a few.  Send in the dang Marines and end these people.

I agree, this is much worse. Believing that "god" is telling you to do something is much more convincing then some person giving orders. These people are much more unlikely to realize what they are doing is wrong. 
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:54:02 AM

So here's a question I see no one has asked. Is this video actually for real?

We see a prisoner with a knife to his throat, then we see a body.

The parents were on the news, they didn't act like they had just seen their son beheaded.

Also, is it just me or are production values extremely good on terrorist videos these days? And that terrorist seems very well educated. Why did he also commit the beheading? Why not get someone else to do it?

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:57:47 AM

The parents were on the news, they didn't act like they had just seen their son beheaded.

Also, is it just me or are production values extremely good on terrorist videos these days? And that terrorist seems very well educated. Why did he also commit the beheading? Why not get someone else to do it?
GoPro cameras and a hands on approach.
noviapriani

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:33:37 PM

So what, have one prisoner hold the camera while he watches the other get beheaded?

There must have been more than one terrorist there. Otherwise why would the two of them, the prisoner journalists, not just rush their captor? If he shoots them it has to be a better death than beheading via paring knife while filmed on GoPro.

sana8410

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:15:46 PM

That is why they are called the "Religion of Peace." Because when they kill you, they do it in a "Peaceful" way. Actually it's the Religion of Pieces, because when they murder you, you usually end up in pieces.
Beheading is engaged in because it is seen as a humiliating way to execute someone. It is part of the propaganda related symbolism that these videos ooze with, but are often lost on US viewers. If you notice he was also dressed up in orange, which is a popular Jihadi symbolic reference to Guantanamo Bay (as is the shaven head, though the shaving of one's head can also be a holy act during the Hajj).

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:04:30 PM

So what, have one prisoner hold the camera while he watches the other get beheaded?

There must have been more than one terrorist there. Otherwise why would the two of them, the prisoner journalists, not just rush their captor? If he shoots them it has to be a better death than beheading via paring knife while filmed on GoPro.
Why not? Both prisoners were photo journalists. Obviously Foley lost the coin toss...

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:06:14 PM

Why not? Both prisoners were photo journalists. Obviously Foley lost the coin toss...
It seems that all it takes to be a terrorist in the area controlled by ISIS is a black headwrap and some swarthy speech. I bet Foley could have pulled that off.

He's bigger than his killer too, physically taller.

I want you to watch his family though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03S0m8cTSo

Watch his mother.

sana8410

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

Yes, it has been confirmed to be authentic. It was obtained by SITE intelligence from the al Furqan Media Foundation (IS media wing), and confirmed by several independent sources including the US government.

As for why that "educated" terrorist? Probably because it was a "Message to America" and he spoke English.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:27:27 PM

Now, it may be that they're just too white to reveal actual emotion on TV, but those are not real emotions from real parents who just lost a son. Perhaps they knew what was going to happen, there is a story now that they received an email from their son.
They definitely aren't trying to question what has happened. They certainly said nothing to the effect of the speech the beheaded son made in regards to his Air Force brother. Not even to comfort his brother.

And who the hell was calling the dad's cell during the interview?! It was frantic and obviously the caller knew they were in the middle of an international interview.. and kept calling! The message appeared to be "we really need Jesus" from the change in focus from the parents.

Now. I present the parents of Michael Brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NAG0s5L_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xORC3Kfhw0Y

Do you see the difference? It's on their faces. Their messages differ as well, but these parents did lose a son and are still dealing with the reality of it all. Brown's parents seem authentic. Foley's parents seem like actors.

zolace

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:29:11 PM

They had almost 2 years to prepare for this inevitable event, unlike Brown's parents. They chose to celebrate and share his life remembered in public, and let their grief be their own, privately.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
NavalStrike

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:26:33 AM

It's bad that ISIS is killing people but something is wrong with this war
Divinespark

Activity: 938