Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining Bitcoins  (Read 1699 times)
DuncanManagement (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:08:29 AM

Well i'm pretty new to Bitcoins, and of course I thought to go straight to the faucets. Those were fun for a while, but now i'm looking for a way to make actual money. Is there a site where you just keep your browser open and they can use power from your computer to mine? Or a way to sell virtual things for Bitcoins, or some way of making money in Bitcoins other than mining and faucets? Because I have a rather low-end computer, I can't mine for profit (although I do mine for fun)
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:11:37 AM

now the only way you can get bitcoins without losing your time:
Buy in exchanges
work for bitcoins
don't lose your time in faucets
Mirdude

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:16:26 AM

I invested 0.03 BTC and won 0.5 BTC gambling.

I'd teach you for a cut Smiley

I've made 6 BTC from depositing in around $30.
Lost it all eventually, but it was fun :L
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:18:12 AM

I invested 0.03 BTC and won 0.5 BTC gambling.

I'd teach you for a cut Smiley

I've made 6 BTC from depositing in around $30.
Lost it all eventually, but it was fun :L
you were so luck
some risky way
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:23:40 AM

Faucets is probably the worse way you can "earn" a little bit of bitcoin. Anything else using your computer's computing power (you mentioned keeping your browser open) is also a bad idea because as CPU mining has been unprofitable for over 18 months now.

If you have any kind of coding or similar computer skills I would recommend going to the marketplace subforum (services child board) to try to find some kind of work that you can do for bitcoin.
DuncanManagement (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:28:54 AM

Faucets is probably the worse way you can "earn" a little bit of bitcoin. Anything else using your computer's computing power (you mentioned keeping your browser open) is also a bad idea because as CPU mining has been unprofitable for over 18 months now.

If you have any kind of coding or similar computer skills I would recommend going to the marketplace subforum (services child board) to try to find some kind of work that you can do for bitcoin.

No coding skills :/ just a man on a mission
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:38:57 AM

If you're American, get a job (any will do) and link a checking account up to Coinbase then set aside weekly income %s for BTC purchases.
DuncanManagement (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:43:00 AM

If you're American, get a job (any will do) and link a checking account up to Coinbase then set aside weekly income %s for BTC purchases.
Sounds great, thanks! i'm just a kid but im getting a job next summer, ill keep that in mind! Cheesy
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:38:40 AM

No coding skills :/ just a man on a mission
What other skills do you have? When you need money, how do you usually go about earning it?

If you are looking to sell digital goods, some suggestions would be things like airline miles, gift cards, rewards points. It would generally not be a good idea however to use fiat to buy these things so you can get bitcoin because these types of goods will usually sell at a discount when exchanging them for bitcoin so you would be better off buying them on an exchange.
remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1119
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:44:16 AM

https://localbitcoins.com/

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:15:23 AM

Work for fiat and then buy bitcoins, is the best way.
If you are lucky you can get paid directly in bitcoins  Smiley
Fioraver

Activity: 472
Merit: 100

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:17:47 AM

A person not to try mining, not can't beat mine.
If you want to bitcoin, just to buy on LakeBTC.com

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:49:27 AM

There are sites where you can do tasks i.e completing serveys, downloading apps on your phone, etc for bitcoins
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:36:26 AM

you seem new to this forum, my advice here you can also get a lot of faucets btc. at least you raise your rank to become a member and follow the campaign signatrue well you live and your posts are paid. and the pay is quite large  Smiley
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:47:52 AM

Well i'm pretty new to Bitcoins, and of course I thought to go straight to the faucets. Those were fun for a while, but now i'm looking for a way to make actual money. Is there a site where you just keep your browser open and they can use power from your computer to mine? Or a way to sell virtual things for Bitcoins, or some way of making money in Bitcoins other than mining and faucets? Because I have a rather low-end computer, I can't mine for profit (although I do mine for fun)

If you're thinking only about making profits, then treat bitcoin like a stock. buy low then sell high. However if you just want to get more bitcoins, you  just keep buying. Sell your stuff and services for bitcoins. Bet your bitcoins if you feel lucky. If you have access to free electricty get a used miner off ebay and start mining, it's still doable and a lot more efficient than using faucets, you can just get your mind off and leave your miners running. You can even try your luck at finding a block, which gets you 25 bitcoins (but only if you solo mine and not pool mining)
PeddingtonEsq

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:08:24 AM

Hey Duncan check this out Bitcoin Faucet for newbies
a great way to make some bitcoins and get involved with a profitable project  Wink
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:30:07 AM

there was a browser-based miner that duped a lot of people for a long time (it was just using peoples' mining power and not paying anything). your low-end computer won't get you much. best to sell some goods and services to get yourself some coin. Wink
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:06:01 AM

Get your rank high enough and join a signature campaign. You can sell game accounts or items. But I'd recomend you to join a signature campaign for now.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:48:39 PM

Forget about faucets, you can only get very little bitcoin from them.
Forget about mining, as you have only got a low-end computer.

You can sell all kinds of goods, digital goods and services for bitcoin.
Just go to an appropriate sub-section of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0 and make a thread for your goods/digital goods/services.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:02:20 AM

You have to check the altcoin section daily because sometimes there are coins with which you can earn some money easily, the last one was stellar.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: