Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery: Obama heads back to vacation after unexplained DC trip  (Read 785 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:10:45 AM

President Obama went back to his vacation on Martha’s Vineyard Tuesday evening following less than 48 hours in Washington, leaving people puzzled over why he came back in the first place.

Obama’s two days in Washington were mostly quiet, and concluded with the president receiving his daily national security briefing in the morning, and joining Vice President Biden to huddle with members of his economic team in the afternoon.

Administration officials have insisted for weeks that the president just wanted to return to the White House for a series of meetings, but the explanation was met with a healthy dose of skepticism, since Obama rarely interrupts his vacations.

Judicial Watch estimates the extra roundtrip cost $1.1 million. Only daughter Malia accompanied Obama back to Washington.

More...http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/215525-obama-heads-back-to-vacation-leaving-a-puzzle-behind-him

Instead of going to and calming down the crowds in Ferguson, he's obviously more interested in getting back on the golf course.
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:34:46 AM

Obama has really gotten very little done since he lost his supermajority in the senate and the majority in the house. When he has tried to get things done he has been very dishonest with the people he is negotiating with. As a result many people in the GOP tend to skip over him when trying to negotiate some kind of compromise.

Obama has also rarely ever been able to calm down an upset country. He did nothing but spread unrest when George Zimmerman was found not guilty and will likely do the same when the same happens to the police officer. 
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:17:53 AM

The Golf Address
By Maureen Dowd of the NY Times

FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.

I know reporters didn’t get a chance to ask questions, but I had to bounce. I had a 1 p.m. tee time at Vineyard Golf Club with Alonzo Mourning and a part-owner of the Boston Celtics. Hillary and I agreed when we partied with Vernon Jordan up here, hanging out with celebrities and rich folks is fun.

Now we are engaged in a great civil divide in Ferguson, which does not even have a golf course, and that’s why I had a “logistical” issue with going there. We are testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure when the nation’s leader wants nothing more than to sink a birdie putt.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-the-golf-address.html?_r=0

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:56:59 PM

Screwing up the country and throwing common sense in both economic and national security matters out the window must be hard work. I don't get why he is so heavily criticized for taking a break when the last place we want him to be is in DC or on the campaign trail for his statist allies.

Mr. Obama would have been a much better president if he had just golfed 24/7.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: