Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I buy BTC in a simple and fast way from Europe? (credit card?!)  (Read 1441 times)
100coins 1up (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:55:42 AM

I'm finding a bit ironic that bitcoin supposedly enabling faster transactions becomes such an headache when you just want to buy a damn BTC.

All the sites I checked (apart from kraken, bitcoin.de and belgacoin) ask for the submission of paperwork.
If I buy something from Amazon, no such thing is asked.
I can't wait to hear when those paperwork demanding sites get hacked and personal information (passport info and address) is stolen.

I'll be doing SEPA transfers tomorrow and I'm yet to see how long that takes.
(And with belgacoin it results in unexpected bitcoin amounts since it's a direct buy, not a deposit)

Also, bitcoin.de registration failed as I got no verification code in my bank log.

Why does one have to submit to long delays and suffer from price changes (from the moment you say buy until it happens), as well as being subject to the price deltas from what can be seen on http://coinmarketcap.com/ ?

Is there no way to buy bitcoins with a credit card? Fast and easy.

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:56:51 AM

I'm finding a bit ironic that bitcoin supposedly enabling faster transactions becomes such an headache when you just want to buy a damn BTC.

All the sites I checked (apart from kraken, bitcoin.de and belgacoin) ask for the submission of paperwork.
If I buy something from Amazon, no such thing is asked.
I can't wait to hear when those paperwork demanding sites get hacked and personal information (passport info and address) is stolen.

I'll be doing SEPA transfers tomorrow and I'm yet to see how long that takes.
(And with belgacoin it results in unexpected bitcoin amounts since it's a direct buy, not a deposit)

Also, bitcoin.de registration failed as I got no verification code in my bank log.

Why does one have to submit to long delays and suffer from price changes (from the moment you say buy until it happens), as well as being subject to the price deltas from what can be seen on http://coinmarketcap.com/ ?
Long delays are due to regulations of fiat transactions. If exchanges would ignore these, they'd be closed rather quickly.

You can look at a site such as LocalBitcoins to make a trade directly with someone else rather than through an exchange.

Is there no way to buy bitcoins with a credit card? Fast and easy.

If there is a way to buy bitcoins with a credit card, expect to pay a large premium over the current market price, because accepting credit card payments for bitcoins exposes the seller to large risks (chargebacks).
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:12:47 AM

I think Kraken is fine. But yeah SEPA deposit will take 1-3 business days.

Like Rannasha says, credit cards (or paypal) are almost never accepted or possible because of the high amount of charge-backs.

In The Netherlands there are some ways to buy instantly bitcoin, like www.bitonic.nl This is because we have a online payment system called iDeal which is connected to all the big Dutch banks and works actually pretty good and doesn't offer charge-backs.

Arctic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:28:51 AM

bittylicious is good.

the reason they want paperwork is anti-money laundering rules.

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted.
100coins 1up (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:04:20 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 12:30:55 AM by 100coins 1up

But yeah SEPA deposit will take 1-3 business days.

I was wondering if this was only my bank. But from what you say it's not.
Is it with all?

Because bitcoin.de expects a transfer to be made in 60 minutes.
How can this be?

Will also look into kraken and bittylicious.

This is subject for another thread, but those anti-laundering measures look like bullshit to me. But like you said, they have to do it or get closed.
But when you think about cash... enough said.

edit: bittylicious looks to be overpriced when compared to kraken
Arctic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:21:12 PM

Kraken is a trading platform they want to make money on you trading currency pairs.

bittylicious acts as a trusted escrow between sellers of BTC and thos who want to buy with fiat.

I've used them a couple of times and had good service and quick credit to my wallet both times.

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted.
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:31:47 PM

But yeah SEPA deposit will take 1-3 business days.

Because bitcoin.de expects a transfer to be made in 60 minutes.
How can this be?

You are getting it wrong with the bitcoin.de 60 minutes.
It is 60 minutes you have as a buyer to confirm that you actually sent the money via your banks ebanking.
If you dont do that confirmation the trade gets canceled, you get a negative rating and the sell can sell the bitcoin to someone else.

The system is not really well explained on the bitcoin.de site as I have to experience on a daily basis with my buyers there...

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: