Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new type of moderator?  (Read 1348 times)
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 04:51:30 PM

I've been seeing alot of  "scammy" behavour of the threads lately... I feel that there should be someone on duty to watch for scammers...
A nice new moderator type called the "scamwatch"
eh? im sure the mods are getting tired of cleaning up scam threads atop thier normal duties

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMatch

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 04:55:26 PM

I nominate:

• Matthew N. Wright (duh)
  • LoupGaroux
  • DeathAndTaxes
  • Phinnaeus Gage
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 05:04:57 PM

Stupid idea. I'd rather everyone report suspected scamming using the built-in feature.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

I've been seeing alot of  "scammy" behavour of the threads lately... I feel that there should be someone on duty to watch for scammers...
A nice new moderator type called the "scamwatch"
eh? im sure the mods are getting tired of cleaning up scam threads atop thier normal duties

I nominate:

• LoupGaroux
  • DeathAndTaxes
  • Phinnaeus Gage

Stupid idea. I'd rather everyone report suspected scamming using the built-in feature.

Wait, what? There's a built-in feature? Why didn't I get the memo?

~Cackling Bear~
BitMatch

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 05:08:40 PM

Of course everyone would report it, just like everyone reports off-topic posts. The moderator would be the one coming in to check the reports and keep a watchful eye for the times when no reports are given.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 05:14:34 PM

I nominate:

• LoupGaroux
  • DeathAndTaxes
  • Phinnaeus Gage

Yeah, right...

ScamWatch, when scammers can scam.  Roll Eyes
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 05:30:30 PM

Seems a little heavy handed, particularly since it's people that haven't scammed yet. I got nothing against asking hard questions, and warning people if they can't answer them, or have reason to believe they are scamming. It just shouldn't be backed by the forum, seems a little unfair.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12890

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:30:44 PM

im sure the mods are getting tired of cleaning up scam threads atop thier normal duties

They usually don't, and they're certainly not required to. Dealing with scammers is a complex, messy issue unrelated to forum moderation. It should be done by third-parties.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 03:41:53 AM

Seems a little heavy handed, particularly since it's people that haven't scammed yet. I got nothing against asking hard questions, and warning people if they can't answer them, or have reason to believe they are scamming. It just shouldn't be backed by the forum, seems a little unfair.

I prefer the "asking hard questions" approach. If they don't give a plausible answer, it's most likely a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: