Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Primedice is cheating  (Read 8038 times)
hillsta89

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:59:15 PM

I wouldn't say they are cheating using something as obvious as that.. but before the total bullshit streak that always seems to happen no matter what, notice the bets lag just beforehand Wink. Primedice obviously have somewhat control over bets or they would be bust long ago.. Everyone can see the verified rolls, but surely some people are smart enough to realize they have a system in place that chooses them rolls for you lol? The rolls are legit and random yes, but the rolls that end up that you win are cancelled out and made sure they out of whatever range your betting within. (Or something similar anyway)

The 20 loses in the row bullcrap happens all the time if you leave it run for too long, if i had the luck too pull odds like that so often i'd be winning the lottery monthly - yeah ok..

EDIT: Old thread but why isn't this looked into?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:25:31 PM

I wouldn't say they are cheating using something as obvious as that.. but before the total bullshit streak that always seems to happen no matter what, notice the bets lag just beforehand Wink.

Lag is random. Sometimes it happens before you lose, other times before you win. You're giving more significance to lag before you lose because it confirms your suspicions. This is called confirmation bias.

You can verify your rolls after they happen. All your rolls are predetermined. PrimeDice can't affect the numbers you roll.

Primedice obviously have somewhat control over bets or they would be bust long ago..

They have a 1% edge in their favour. They pay out only 1.98x instead of 2x for a 50% bet. That's why they aren't bust.

Everyone can see the verified rolls, but surely some people are smart enough to realize they have a system in place that chooses them rolls for you lol?

Some people are smart enough to understand that it doesn't work like that. Your pair of seeds determines all your future rolls. There's no choosing once the seeds are set.

The rolls are legit and random yes, but the rolls that end up that you win are cancelled out and made sure they out of whatever range your betting within. (Or something similar anyway)

Either the rolls are legit or they aren't. Your (or something) at the end just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

The 20 loses in the row bullcrap happens all the time if you leave it run for too long, if i had the luck too pull odds like that so often i'd be winning the lottery monthly - yeah ok..

20 losses in a row at 49.5% should happen about once every 860k rolls. Lottery jackpot wins happen much less often than that. Also you play the lottery much less often. You can make a million PrimeDice rolls in a week, but you can't play the lottery a million times in a lifetime.

EDIT: Old thread but why isn't this looked into?

It has been looked into. You're not contributing anything new.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:52:10 PM

Now folks, that is just my opinion and last time I checked its a free world so I don't care what you say. I have seen many strange stories about PD lately and now after this 20 loss streak I have become dubious too. I not that I can prove they are cheating, but I just have become.... dubious....

The thing is, you don't have to live with doubt as to whether they're cheating or not. You can find out. And I would like you to, so we can all see if they were cheating you. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but isn't it better to know what's going on rather than to have a possibly incorrect opinion about it?

All you need to do:

1) go to your primedice account
2) click on the scales (last but one icon, just above the faucet, "provably fair")
3) copy/paste the text under "Current Seed Pair"

(here's mine):

Current Seed Pair
CLIENT SEED
mynewclientseed
SERVER SEED SHA-256 HASH
d2b83fd44520a374ab5eb5e2dd6f8914e2a7c4628ee7377c162633016359bbe5
BETS MADE WITH PAIR

4) click "Rerandomize (Change client seed)"
5) click "set"
6) copy/paste the text under "Previous Seed Pair"

(here's mine - it will be the same as the last stuff you copied, except now it has the "server seed revealed" too):

Previous Seed Pair
CLIENT SEED
mynewclientseed
SERVER SEED REVEALED
adbfbeedb69cdf14a9ac52d7229a3aa780d0d48e4cd6b3c09a88b6c439774ebf
SERVER SEED SHA-256 HASH
d2b83fd44520a374ab5eb5e2dd6f8914e2a7c4628ee7377c162633016359bbe5

If you follow those steps and paste it in a reply here I'll check the rolls for you. I'll be able to see if you really should have got 20 low rolls in a row.

BUT ASK YOURSELF, CAN YOU REALLY PROVE IT'S PROVABLY FAIR OR ARE YOU JUST TAKING THE WORD OF MANY PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO AGREE BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO INSECURE TO ADMIT THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE COMPLEXITIES OF PROGRAMMING AND HACKING AND WHAT IS AND WHAT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

I know for a fact that it is probably fair. That doesn't mean that the site DOESN'T cheat. It means only that if they DO cheat you, and you can be BOTHERED, then you can PROVE it. And that's what I'm asking you to do here. Be the guy who finally catches them cheating, prove it, and their game is up. Or, on the other hand, prove to yourself that you were just unlucky. Either way you'll know for sure.

While doog's take down in the post above is nicely done, I really liked his earlier step by step tutorial on how to verify your rolls on PD.   The closing paragraph should be posted to every thread where some loser complains of cheating on a provably fair dice site!

Thanks dooglus and good luck to everyone!
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:45:23 AM

you always lose in gambling sites. it is the only way they can stay alive

Only Bitcoin
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:00:26 AM

While doog's take down in the post above is nicely done, I really liked his earlier step by step tutorial on how to verify your rolls on PD.   The closing paragraph should be posted to every thread where some loser complains of cheating on a provably fair dice site!

Thanks dooglus and good luck to everyone!

Ah, a flashback to when I had a little more patience... Smiley

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████