Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora to implement Asset Exchange. (Brand new coded coin)  (Read 1559 times)
rabbiter (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:34:05 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 03:23:50 PM by rabbiter

Qora will be implementing the second AE after NXT sometime in the next week or so. Qora is a brand new code, undervalued and is set to compete directly with NXT.

Some info: http://cryptorating.org/qora/

Info that AE is coming soon:  

[21:27:15] <pondsea> @Qora how is the AE coming along?
[21:31:40] <Qora> The core is almost finished just need to do some proper testing.
[21:33:54] <pondsea> @Qora do you think a wallet update with the AE functionality will go out this week?
[21:36:22] <Qora> I am not sure.
[21:36:46] <Qora> It might be ready by the end of the week but I can't guarantee it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptshine

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:13:21 PM

How is this going to be better than NXT's asset exchange?
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:28:34 PM

multi-payments transactions(for dividends), cheaper trading...for a start
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:32:24 PM

Well firstly it's gonna be different, better is what you asked but that is subjective. I could ask why is NXT better than Qora?

Anyway technically I know one advantage that over the standard NXT AE that you don't have to convert An asset first to NXT before you can buy an asset. Apparently you can now do that with the development of NXT secure asset exchange but you got to use another wallet.

BUT the point is missed, an asset exchange is a platform just like Android and OSX, they both do the same job but they are different. If you hold Gold in Qora AE it's no different to Gold held in NXT. So really there is market share to be had and competed for. What will matter in the end is which one people prefer to use. Your question is therefore a bit like saying we already have BTER why do we need Mintpal?

I'm sure some people wondered why they needed Facebook when we already have MySpace.  Grin

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:34:12 PM

Well firstly it's gonna be different. technically I know one advantage that over the standard NXT AE that you don't have to convert An asset first to NXT before you can buy an asset. Apparently you can now do that with the development of NXT secure asset exchange but you got to use another wallet.

BUT the point is missed, an asset exchange is a platform just like Android and OSX, they both do the same job but they are different. If you hold Gold in Qora AE it's no different to Gold held in NXT. So really there is market share to be had and competed for. What will matter in the end is which one people prefer to use. Your question is therefore a bit like saying we already have BTER why do we need Mintpal?

I'm sure some people wondered why they needed Facebook when we already have MySpace.  Grin

really a good news for qora holder
btcside

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 02:42:22 PM

is set to compete directly with NXT.

Huh?what hapened ?

www.btcside.com 比特帮
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:51:13 PM

is set to compete directly with NXT.

Huh?what hapened ?

Qora people tend to shy away from NXT comparisons due to controversy over BCNext being Qora and Qora being confused with NXT clones like NEM and NODE. So these days the attack to Qora comes from NXT holders who believe it's a competitor threatened by the overlap of some functions.

It's held Qora back cause Qora has ZERO to do with NXT. Some similar functions but they were functions people were asking for long before NXT and were developed by others not by NXT like colored coins, ie AE which NXT never invented.

Look at the questions Qora AE has got, nothing but how is it better than NXT AE?

Why is it related?

Will Etherieum get the same question about it's colored coins?
cryptshine

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:51:51 PM

Well firstly it's gonna be different, better is what you asked but that is subjective. I could ask why is NXT better than Qora?

Anyway technically I know one advantage that over the standard NXT AE that you don't have to convert An asset first to NXT before you can buy an asset. Apparently you can now do that with the development of NXT secure asset exchange but you got to use another wallet.

Ya I can see how there can be room for multiple established platform in this space...would be interesting to see the innovative applications that can come out of cryptocurrency asset exchanges.
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:57:16 PM

Ya I can see how there can be room for multiple established platform in this space...would be interesting to see the innovative applications that can come out of cryptocurrency asset exchanges.

People think the race is over but it's hardly begun, AE will revolutionise the way people hold financial assets I believe. One word of caution about Qoras implementation of AE, I expect it to work well but it might not be pretty straight away. The GUI is the next thing Qora plans to work on, it's just bare bones at the moment. I believe it will only do simplified trading of just BTC cause again it's a waste of effort cause all will have to change with the GUI changes coming.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:06:20 PM

For credibility purposes can you remove from the heading that this will be the 2nd AE, because it's more like the 4th, 5th or something like that.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:07:20 PM

Qora dev is a genius. I am eager to see this AE.
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:22:26 PM

For credibility purposes can you remove from the heading that this will be the 2nd AE, because it's more like the 4th, 5th or something like that.

Ok I will, but I could argue it's really the second integrated into the actual coin. The second gen coins which count really as ones built on the a bitcoin blockchain are third party developments.
liujin

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:51:43 PM

Support QORA.

hala

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:09:36 PM

AD ?   Cheesy
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:26:48 PM

Ok I will, but I could argue it's really the second integrated into the actual coin. The second gen coins which count really as ones built on the a bitcoin blockchain are third party developments.

Not even.  

NXT
BitsharesX
Dogeparty
NHZ
there is another that I can't think of right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: