Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TECHNOCASHIER SCAM?  (Read 1157 times)
Quantumtangles (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:30:53 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 01:19:44 PM by Quantumtangles

Technocashier confirmed they would transfer US dollars to my paypal account within 48 hours. When I first complained (after 60 hours of inactivity on their part) they responded by inviting attention to their terms and conditions which (contrary to their warranty to make the transfer within 48 hours) say that transactions can take up to 5-7 working days.

Numerous messages from me have not been responded to  and there is no telephone support line. You are beginning to get the picture.

Total elapsed time since the time of my order is now 11 days 3 hours and 20 minutes. Even allowing for a 7 working day period (which would be in breach of the 48 hour contract anyway), more than 7 working days have now elapsed.

Accordingly, they would appear to have taken my money with the intention of permanently depriving me of it. This is a reasonably held belief on my part amplified by the absence of a telephone support line and/or the absence of any or any proper responses by them to my messages. On any reasonable view, the maximum possible transaction time limit has been exceeded (anomalously longer than their express confirmation the transaction would be completed within 48 hours).

I urge caution before using Technocashier. Read the web reports about them before using them. At best they may be excruciatingly slow (11 days for a straightforward Paypal payment is disgraceful). At worst, they may do to you what they would appear to have done to me.

Avoid Technocashier.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:26:09 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 06:46:39 PM by malevolent

Is the paypal chargeback period 30-40 days or is there a smaller one ?? Like maybe they are waiting for some chargeback period to  expire before they send them ?

If you used paypal can't you do a chargeback? Even if you selected gift but used a credit card I thought you would be able to ?
Seems odd a company is takng paypal ? Aren't they just asking for trouble ??

Quantumtangles (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 06:49:36 PM by malevolent

Is the paypal chargeback period 30-40 days or is there a smaller one ?? Like maybe they are waiting for some chargeback period to  expire before they send them ?

There is no chargeback period because this is a payment into my own paypal account. I cannot charge back myself therefore there is no possibility of a chargeback.

Technocashier warranted the transaction would take 48 hours. Specifically, they said as follows:

Your Paypal account XXXX@XXXX.com will be credited within 48 hours

Regards, TechnoCashier.com Support Team

There is no way of contacting them by telephone. They do not respond to my messages. All their system says is that I have paid and that it is awaiting approval from their Admin.

Elapsed time from the point of payment is currently 12 days, 13 hours and 31 minutes.

There is no justification for what they have done because their terms and conditions (iterating a worst possible case scenario) allow them 7 working days as an absolute maximum. 7 working days (5 week days plus 4 weekend days) = 11 days. Yet they are now 12.5 days into this horror story of a transaction and there is complete radio silence from them.

I lack the vocabulary to explain how dreadful it is to deal with people like this. Stay away from Technocashier. They do not care about you or your money. I will consider myself fortunate if I ever see the money again (or indeed ever hear from them again).

They have somehow contrived to create the single worst experience I have ever had with any financial entity, by orders of magnitude. A perfect storm of economic horror. Probably a boiler room outfit populated by semi-literates. A disasterous error of judgement on my part not to check out the single digit web reputation ratings before dealing with them. Dont even think about it. I would rather chew my own arm off than have any dealings with cowboys like this ever again.

If you used paypal can't you do a chargeback? Even if you selected gift but used a credit card I thought you would be able to ?
Seems odd a company is takng paypal ? Aren't they just asking for trouble ??
Quantumtangles (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:29:06 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:24:58 AM by Quantumtangles

Deleted. See below
Quantumtangles (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:38:52 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:24:36 AM by Quantumtangles

Deleted - see below

Quantumtangles (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:15:32 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:24:09 AM by Quantumtangles

Technocashier eventually paid me but it took 19 days. Not a good experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: