Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:12:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC LCD Displays  (Read 1744 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:07:00 PM

google android watch forgive my 5 minute edit to change display to a ticker, but having a watch with an android app on it is cheaper and easier than a raspberry pi and a screen. plus less cables are required

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Kayex

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:25:45 PM

yes but that looks pritty gay, looks like its in a picture frame or something
Now now... Don't be picky on the aesthetics. If it does its job well then there shouldn't be a problem. If you didn't want it to look 'gay' then you should build one yourself.

itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

simply search "cheap wifi android phone"

then install a bitcoin ticker on the phone.. and your done
I don't see why you could not use your phone, ipad, ipod or other similar device. There is no real reason to need a device specifically to display the price of bitcoin. With iDevices you can even change the settings so that the display does not shut off automatically after x amount of time.

With that being said it is kind of unhealthy to be monitoring the price of bitcoin that closely.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:42:16 PM

I am looking in to purchasing BTC lcd price display hardware, so i dont have to keep switching from my games to websites, i can keep an eye on the price while i play games etc..., and no i wont run 2 pcs or 1 laptop or 1 pc.., i want something seperate that plugs in to a usb slot or something..
Get a raspberry pi.
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 10:22:31 PM

Get a programmable LED display and have it pull data from whatever exchange you'd like. It could make things easier to have different exchange rates scrolling accross. Personally, I have the "Litecoin" widget on my android. Despite its name, it allows you to pull data from various exchanges and it's not just Litecoin data either.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:24:50 PM

yes but that looks pritty gay,
Don't worry, electronic devices have notion of neither sex nor gender.

Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for pointing that out. I just can't express how stupid people appear when they use the word 'gay' in a demeaning or negative sense, ha.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: