Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:27:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High School Student Suspended For Saying ‘Bless You’ After Classmate Sneezed  (Read 2065 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:27:48 PM

Roll Eyes...Another victory... Roll Eyes

DYER COUNTY, Tenn. (CBS Charlotte) – A high school student was allegedly suspended after breaking a class rule of saying “bless you” after a classmate sneezed.
Kendra Turner, a senior at Dyer County High School, said bless you to her classmate who sneezed and the teacher told her that the term was for church.
“She said that we’re not going to have godly speaking in her class and that’s when I said we have a constitutional right,” Turner told WMC.
When she defended her actions, the teacher told Turner to see an administrator. The student said that she had to finish the class period in in-school suspension.
The girl’s parents were told by school leaders that their daughter shouted “bless you” across the room and that it was a classroom distraction.
School officials told her parents Tuesday that the teacher claimed that their daughter was aggressive and disruptive.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/08/20/high-school-student-claims-she-was-suspended-for-saying-bless-you-after-classmate-sneezed/

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:41:53 PM

Sheesh, I say that out of a long standing habit rather than truly meaning it down to a Christian principle when others sneeze. But, yeah right, another viiiiiiictory for the progressive dronebats. My hat is off to the daycare-educational-bureaucrat for taking her job so seriously as to actually care enough to report this or make a scene about this. That said, it is rather annoying to hear someone blurt something out across the room if there's a test being taken just because someone sneezed. Hardly a reason for suspension tho.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:48:40 PM

The teacher should have just moved on without making a scene. It's said as a courtesy these days, not so much in truly religious context.

Public schools are appearing more and more obsolete with these extremist teachers everywhere...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:01:54 PM

Remember when we decided to stop paying much for education? Surprise! No one is teaching your kids anything but how to take standardized tests now. It's nothing like when you were in school. Teachers are very poorly educated now, and they hate their jobs. You get what you pay for.
And if you think education was expensive, wait till you see how much stupid is going to cost you.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:11:28 PM

I'm sure liberal athiests across the country are jumping for joy over this great restriction of free speech!  And I'm sure they will support the lawsuit that will follow this and clog up our legal system because of a teacher that is a control freak!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:19:41 PM

I'm sure liberal athiests across the country are jumping for joy over this great restriction of free speech!  And I'm sure they will support the lawsuit that will follow this and clog up our legal system because of a teacher that is a control freak!
I am a teacher.
I am liberal.
I am an atheist.
And I think she should be reprimanded at least, maybe fired. It is always better to speak for yourself rather than assuming you understand people you don't even know. Just sayin.  Smiley 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:27:51 PM

Remember when we decided to stop paying much for education? Surprise! No one is teaching your kids anything but how to take standardized tests now. It's nothing like when you were in school. Teachers are very poorly educated now, and they hate their jobs. You get what you pay for.
And if you think education was expensive, wait till you see how much stupid is going to cost you.

Considering the national debt as of right now, I sincerely doubt Americans care about their children outside of sacrifice.

jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:42:16 PM

I'm sure liberal athiests across the country are jumping for joy over this great restriction of free speech!  And I'm sure they will support the lawsuit that will follow this and clog up our legal system because of a teacher that is a control freak!
I am a teacher.
I am liberal.
I am an atheist.
And I think she should be reprimanded at least, maybe fired. It is always better to speak for yourself rather than assuming you understand people you don't even know. Just sayin.  Smiley  

Well I hope you don't use your position like this teacher thinks she can, and try to dictate what is free speech.

My problem is that it seems most liberals actually would rather see free speech restricted, and think that religious free speech somehow is different than regular free speech.

And the same for ridiculous lawsuits.  The one that comes to mind is a group of freedom hating athests in Virginia I believe, who filed a lawsuit to remove a WWII monument because it is shaped like a cross.  No respect at all for those who died to protect our freedom.  And really no reason to clog up the "justice system" with such a ridiculous case.
Rotary Sausage

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:59:18 PM

I'm sure liberal athiests across the country are jumping for joy over this great restriction of free speech!  And I'm sure they will support the lawsuit that will follow this and clog up our legal system because of a teacher that is a control freak!
I am a teacher.
I am liberal.
I am an atheist.
And I think she should be reprimanded at least, maybe fired. It is always better to speak for yourself rather than assuming you understand people you don't even know. Just sayin.  Smiley  

Well I hope you don't use your position like this teacher thinks she can, and try to dictate what is free speech.

My problem is that it seems most liberals actually would rather see free speech restricted, and think that religious free speech somehow is different than regular free speech.

And the same for ridiculous lawsuits.  The one that comes to mind is a group of freedom hating athests in Virginia I believe, who filed a lawsuit to remove a WWII monument because it is shaped like a cross.  No respect at all for those who died to protect our freedom.  And really no reason to clog up the "justice system" with such a ridiculous case.

Libs gone wild. So many of them are nihilists but like to make up excuses to hide from their emptiness.
No offense to legitimate free choice loving liberals. All of us have a liberal side to our hearts. But when the brain washing
kicks in, we have fools going crazy and agitating others as usually with any group. It's just some mindsets are
more susceptible than others to be manipulated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: