Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 10:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do i convert the base58 into a regular WIF?  (Read 1384 times)
bigasic (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:37:22 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 03:23:35 AM by bigasic

Im sure this is here somewhere, but is there an easy way to convert a private key from mutibit(base58) to a regular WIF? the ones that start with a 1 or 3?

Everytime I try to import, my damned mac keynote program tries to read my .key private keys and its driving me crazy.

I just want to know how to take my printed unencrypted private keys that are in base58 and import it into blockchian.info or just turn that into a regular WIF bitcoin address.

Anyone?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1530

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:08:39 AM

Im sure this is here somewhere, but is there an easy way to convert a private key from mutibit(base58) to a regular WIF? the ones that start with a 1 or 3?

WIF uses base58... https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet_import_format

addresses start with 1 or 3, private keys start with 5.

Everytime I try to import, my damned mac keynote program tries to read my .key private keys and its driving me crazy.

I just want to know how to take my printed unencrypted private keys that are in base58 and import it into blockchian.info or just turn that into a regular WIF bitcoin address.

Anyone?

Import/Export -> click the warning message -> add private key

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: