Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal gave me an audit for buying a domain with the name bitcoin in it  (Read 2599 times)
X7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:48:06 AM

Literally full audit - suspended my account, when I called every day for 7 days... every single time I would get this response "Try again in a few hours sir our system is just doing a scan of your account to make sure it is you using it."

"BUT THIS IS ME SPEAKING WITH YOU... FOR 7 DAYS NOW... WTF ARE YOU TELLING ME"  lol

I had to escalate it to the moon before they re-activated my account... Only after I said this..

"If you suspended my account because you saw Bitcoin in a URL I purchased I am going to sue you for gross negligence"

"Hold on one moment sir let me see what we can do for you.."  lol

You hear that paypal? ... it is the sound of inevitability  Cheesy Grin

Bitcoin 1 / Paypal 0

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:01:28 AM

How frustrated it makes us when we face such situation. The way their customers service is dealing with such issues is so annoying.
evanito

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Your average Bitcoin/Ethereum enthusiast

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:01:02 AM

Paypal's actions makes me feel sick.
LiteCoinUser84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:47:06 AM

Are you sure it was to do with that? It seems a little over the top but maybe in their search tool literally anything with the word bitcoin gets red flagged?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:37:32 AM

deepestfear

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

The inevitable pushback from dinosaurs who obviously aren't too happy to be replaced by the birds....

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 10:30:49 AM

F**k those bitcoin haters. Tongue Tongue Bitcoin rules Cool Cool

kulme

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:15:04 PM

paypal hate bitcoin. Because too much paypal user move to bitcoin  Grin

Kulme
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

because of the freezing account ... too.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 12:36:23 PM

BTC : PAYPAL
infinity : never had any

ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:03:19 PM

Hm...i bought several domains via PayPal, sold and bought BTC via paypal over period of 6 months etc....never got locked or andything....few buyers fucked me up but i compensated that in advanced with higher margins. Are you sure it's only domain?

X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:58:13 PM

Hm...i bought several domains via PayPal, sold and bought BTC via paypal over period of 6 months etc....never got locked or andything....few buyers fucked me up but i compensated that in advanced with higher margins. Are you sure it's only domain?

That is very risky of you  Huh

Yeah - as someone said above this post - we extrapolated that it was some kind of derpy algo to spot the word BTC in any purchase and red flag / freeze it.. The tech support really sounded confused.. "Well sir it seems like your account has no fraud... and there is no reason it should be audited for a 130$ transaction.. not sure why this is happening please try again in a few hours"

Smells like fear to me...  Grin

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:45:51 PM

I would kind of doubt that the OP is telling the truth. There is no valid business reason for paypal to do this. They may have suspended his account because he was selling digital goods, but this would have nothing to do with bitcoin.
X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:54:35 PM

I would kind of doubt that the OP is telling the truth. There is no valid business reason for paypal to do this. They may have suspended his account because he was selling digital goods, but this would have nothing to do with bitcoin.

You are welcomed to doubt, - This does not change the reality of what PayPal did to me and continues to do to thousands of customers on a daily basis, do some research before you jump to conclusions. In case you did not see the post correctly - I said I PURCHASED a domain... had nothing to do with sales of any sort - Also the only time they backed up was when I made mention of bitcoin and directly confronted them with a legal threat due to the remiss way in which they handled my account.

Draw your own conclusion but I won't give an inch on you saying I did not state the truth.. Paypal does what paypal wants (Eric Cartmans voice from South Park)

iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

they did the same thing to me, 8 months back i sold from Feathercoins and Peercoins on ebay(made a killing sold em for triple what i was buying em for).

anyways, they did an audit on me and said "you cannot sell these things blah". then they said they would need me accoutn informationa nd i was suspended until i reconcile with them. i sent them a message back saying go to hell and i am never sending you anything ever again, and i quit that paypal account completely and have not used it ever again. screw it im never giong back.
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:37:51 PM

they did the same thing to me, 8 months back i sold from Feathercoins and Peercoins on ebay(made a killing sold em for triple what i was buying em for).

anyways, they did an audit on me and said "you cannot sell these things blah". then they said they would need me accoutn informationa nd i was suspended until i reconcile with them. i sent them a message back saying go to hell and i am never sending you anything ever again, and i quit that paypal account completely and have not used it ever again. screw it im never giong back.
Everybody in the same situation should do this, if paypal don't react they lose users, if they do users get treated better. Win-win  Grin

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
themasknetwork

Activity: 246

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:02:55 PM

Are you sure it was to do with that? It seems a little over the top but maybe in their search tool literally anything with the word bitcoin gets red flagged?

Smiley)) "over the top " Huhhttp://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/1rkkd7/paypal_just_froze_over_70000_in_my_account_say/

Arbitrary freezing of accounts is a PayPal classic. Whenever it gets the merest whiff of fraud, it freezes accounts with almost zero evidence. There are whole websites dedicated to accounts of PayPal doing just this....

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Why do you think Bitcoin is trading for $500 and not for $10 Huh 

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:54:43 PM

Literally full audit - suspended my account, when I called every day for 7 days... every single time I would get this response "Try again in a few hours sir our system is just doing a scan of your account to make sure it is you using it."

"BUT THIS IS ME SPEAKING WITH YOU... FOR 7 DAYS NOW... WTF ARE YOU TELLING ME"  lol

I had to escalate it to the moon before they re-activated my account... Only after I said this..

"If you suspended my account because you saw Bitcoin in a URL I purchased I am going to sue you for gross negligence"

"Hold on one moment sir let me see what we can do for you.."  lol

You hear that paypal? ... it is the sound of inevitability  Cheesy Grin

Bitcoin 1 / Paypal 0

Yea I'm sure this really happened   Roll Eyes
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

No. It doesn't work this way. Paypal cannot know you bought a domain name with bitcoin in it. Payment processors don't work this way. They've just seen a payment from your account to a registrar.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:22:17 PM

This is the reason why Bitcoin needs to take root. Corrupt fraudulent companies like PayPal need to just close their doors and go away. We don't need them or their shady business. We just need good 'ol Bitcoin to help move the world along financially. Currency has evolved. Their day is done. eBay will be next with all the new P2P marketplaces coming up. (One Market and Open Bazaar to name a couple) They had their chance, but they blew it with corruption.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: