Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox SSL certificate security warning on Android  (Read 3276 times)
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 10:15:44 AM

Visiting https://mtgox.com using the web-browser on my Android 2.2 device gives me a security warning.

Certificate details:

This does not happen on my iPhone, desktop Chrome/Firefox browser.

I don't think that this was the case a few days ago.

I wonder whether they have recently updated their certificate and that it has been issued by a root certificate that my device does not know.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 01:19:45 PM

The main site's certificate is signed by Verisign, but the socket connection for displaying the current price is served with a StartSSL certificate. Likely, the StartSSL root cert isn't trusted on your device.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 01:24:30 PM

maybe they forgot to add the intermediate cert For StartSSL, http://www.startssl.com/?app=25#31

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Cusipzzz

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

getting same SSL error on mobile client on android, when trying to see BTC history. Everything else seems to work - weird.
Tritonio

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 11:12:02 PM

Did anyone tell Mt Gox about this?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 01:01:58 AM

The main site's certificate is signed by Verisign, but the socket connection for displaying the current price is served with a StartSSL certificate. Likely, the StartSSL root cert isn't trusted on your device.
but it says that the problem cert is issued by verisign

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 01:15:50 AM

but it says that the problem cert is issued by verisign
Yeah I noticed that, but I guessed maybe that the "view certificate" dialog defaulted to opening the main site cert, instead of the one that was causing the error. Not sure, but in any case you need to compare the cert fingerprint with one from a trusted computer/connection, and make sure they match.

I had the same issue on my Blackberry until I added the StartSSL CA cert to my trusted roots, and then I stopped getting errors. YMMV.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:55:31 PM

Seems fixed now.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: