Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of dishonesty and lies from Gawminers.com Hashlet Ponzi Scheme Scam  (Read 13434 times)
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

Hi All,

I have been a great supporter of the bitcoin since the its inception and it amazes me how far we have gone. We had a few bumps on the road (cough mtgox cough) but otherwise, it has been a dream come true.

I have been close with GAWminers.com and seen the inside workings and it scares me. I will not post allegations without evidence. The conclusion is for you to decide and my faith in this community rests amongst you to warn other newbies of the risks they are getting into when dealing with this company. Please do not let another BFL come to fruition.

GAWminers.com has launched a new miner called the "Hashlet" and people seem to be buying this up without asking any questions. Here are the claims of the device:

"We’ve produced a miner incapable of negative ROIs because the maintenance fees can reduce over time! Thats right, there will never be a time a Hashlet cost more to run then you make, and they will always make money."

"Hashlets will be the only miners that will be able to mine to the new ZenPool, the Most Profitable Pool in the World [...] that can deliver payouts almost twice as high as the top pools today!"

"Hashlets are upgradeable. How can a digital miner be upgradeable? Simple, because its digital and we built it"

Also, the CEO Josh Garza is known for his unscrupulous past (Just google his name or search on reddit). They were active on bitcointalk.org but it got so bad by complaining customers that they created their own heavily moderated web forum hashtalk. Any negative post on there gets deleted within seconds.

They also created sockpuppet accounts to attack customers and write positive feedback about themselves. They were caught doing this here:

http://share.pho.to/6pc3a/9a/original

But paid off or somehow convinced the original forum member to remove it.

Very good at PR spin and I can not believe they are getting away with this.

Regardless, I am sure most of us that know about cryptomining can see this for what it is. My fear is that they are targeting newbies without disclosing the full truth. Without letting them know the risks they take for buying a ponzi miner. Is this the best way to introduce new people to the world of BTC?

Granted, I think Gawminers.com has a good chance of getting away with this if we do nothing.

So, what can we do?

where in all that is the proof? what did I miss?
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:00:48 AM

I'm a customer, not a GAW Polyanna that is shooting money out of a cannon with little regard to getting detailed information from vague marketing statements. While I appreciate the fact there are hardcore GAW folks, some of us are looking for how's and the why's to set aside doubts. After all, If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

Telling someone to be careful with their money shouldn't be a bad thing, if you don't like the thread move on to the next one and get your GAW t-shirt and hashlet fireworks kit and go on with your party. I mine to make money and if someone looks suspect to losing money, we should be able to discuss it without the threads getting closed on a consistent basis.

You'll lose more credibility shutting down the lies than you will heralding the truth.

Fact - Missed payments
Fact - Maintenance fees doubled charged
Fact - Support tickets opened for more than 24 hours that go unresolved
Fact - Product purchased and tracking number "promised" but not delivered.

Warning all miners to be careful, pass on GAW for now.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:37:11 AM

[pile of steaming crap]

Don't even quote it, acount that posted it is a troll and hasn't defended his claim or even logged in for over a week.

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:25:39 PM

[pile of steaming crap]

Don't even quote it, acount that posted it is a troll and hasn't defended his claim or even logged in for over a week.

no comment on cloverme ? Not a newbie account but a Customer .
I think u should address his concerns instead of commenting on the other.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6354

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:05:25 PM

What I just posted on another thread:

How about this.
Go out and get a 0% for x months credit card. 12 to 15 month offers are everyplace now if you have any kind of credit.
Once you get the card, buy Hashlets up to your limit.
As your payouts come in convert the BTC to cash and use it to pay down the credit card.
If before you pay off your card GAW turns out to be a scam / ponzi then you call the credit card company, tell them and be on your way.
They will not make you pay off the rest if you have been using your payouts to pay them back. You are out nothing but a bit of your time.
If they are not a scam, then who cares, you pay off your card, take your profit and be on your way.

I have 250 Mh/s and I don't think they are a scam. I just think they are more interested in making stuff pretty then making it work well.

It's a growth thing, for now it's more marketing then pure engineering.  If you look at some BTC mining pools you see that. Why do people go to ghash instead of eligius? Because ghash is nicer looking. And although WizKid who runs eligius looks to be a very good programmer, he can come off very cranky at times. Ghash support might ignore you (a lot), and then not deal with the issue (a lot), but they have never (at least I have never seen them) lash out against someone in a public forum.

That matters. I left eligius and now mine elsewhere after supporting them for a long time because of WK attitude of dealing with some things.
Same here a GAW, their support is horrible at time, but they at least pretend to be working on it. I have had other places who do work on problems and then after it's fixed tell you to f--k off.

Just my view.

Off to grill for the holiday.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FlexHash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:48:27 PM

What I just posted on another thread:

How about this.
Go out and get a 0% for x months credit card. 12 to 15 month offers are everyplace now if you have any kind of credit.
Once you get the card, buy Hashlets up to your limit.
As your payouts come in convert the BTC to cash and use it to pay down the credit card.
If before you pay off your card GAW turns out to be a scam / ponzi then you call the credit card company, tell them and be on your way.
They will not make you pay off the rest if you have been using your payouts to pay them back. You are out nothing but a bit of your time.
If they are not a scam, then who cares, you pay off your card, take your profit and be on your way.

I have 250 Mh/s and I don't think they are a scam. I just think they are more interested in making stuff pretty then making it work well.

It's a growth thing, for now it's more marketing then pure engineering.  If you look at some BTC mining pools you see that. Why do people go to ghash instead of eligius? Because ghash is nicer looking. And although WizKid who runs eligius looks to be a very good programmer, he can come off very cranky at times. Ghash support might ignore you (a lot), and then not deal with the issue (a lot), but they have never (at least I have never seen them) lash out against someone in a public forum.

That matters. I left eligius and now mine elsewhere after supporting them for a long time because of WK attitude of dealing with some things.
Same here a GAW, their support is horrible at time, but they at least pretend to be working on it. I have had other places who do work on problems and then after it's fixed tell you to f--k off.

Just my view.

Off to grill for the holiday.

-Dave

Thanks for the advice.

You are right, GAW is good at marketing than engineering. In fact, they are not mining for customers, the vaultbreaker is not real, so there is no engineering part.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:01:04 PM

And the troll keeps trolling. Why aren't we no longer hearing stories of your lost $15k, friends in the FBI, lawsuit that was supposed to be in progress, federal investigations, proofs of GAW being a scam you were supposed to give us last month. Still waiting Smiley

Read his trust comments.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
FlexHash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:08:56 PM

Dear GAW trolls (EvilPanda, bitgeek), please let me know your price, I wan to hire you.

BTW, bitgeek are you talking to me? I have no idea wft you are talking about.
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:37:33 PM

Same shills on every post sticking up for gaw..... panda, star, air, geek etc.

Lmfao @ CCN, the page is all hashlet link now, I guess Scotts tin cup is almost full @ hashtalk... Lets see his comments as a journalist:

A lie

Scott Fargo replied to the topic Hashlets in the forum Altcoin Mining 1 WEEK, 1 DAY AGO
The thing with hashlets is they are not in infinite supply just like hardware.
I have not seen any hardware go up in value yet like hashlets have. I like the platform they have and I will tour a data center as soon as I heal up enough to travel and see Josh and verify the hardware.
So far they are a great buy.

When will this happen Scott, I guess YOU WILL NOT VISIT THEM SOON and be a nice boy, you should apply for a paying job at the major media outlets because it seems like you wear knee pads well and follow orders!!

I have respect for Gavin and I think his question should be answered, if that didn't raise a red flag idk what will.. Also like many others have stated about the questions from other members "THOSE ARE VALID QUESTIONS". Gaw has lied many times, zencontroler claimed many things like 1 click pool switching, automatic updates and a bunch of other baloney. Bring back roi  is a scam or a joke? Used hardware being sent as new to paid customers and I wont get into the valid questions about cracklets or was it hashlets....

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY!

EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:46:43 PM

So you needed to make a new account to say this? Every person that says good things about GAW is a shill? Nice theory Cheesy
At least they aren't hiding behind sockpuppet accounts like you.

AirFlame

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:50:10 PM

O snap new troll all i see is talking where is proof ? Yea keep talking Smiley
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:45:09 PM

Anybody that asks real questions on GAWs forums gets a ban, too funny. There was 1 member named penny something that was asking great questions, I have not seen him since. As far as the questions posted here.... NONE HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. YOU ALWAYS SEE THE SAME DEFENDERS ON ALL THE POSTS... Dont believe me, do a gaw, hashlet search and you will find panda, air, star and company on all of them defending their ponzi company but will not answer any of the REAL questions!! They avoid the REAL questions like if its the ebola virus..

EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:55:57 PM

(...) will not answer any of the REAL questions!! They avoid the REAL questions like if its the ebola virus..

Just like you avoid posting from 1 account but keep creating new ones.
There's this word "proof" in the title of this thread and so far you've failed to provide it.

And one more thing, skip the capital letters next time, your posts will look less dumb.

chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:05:08 PM

Same shills on every post sticking up for gaw..... panda, star, air, geek etc.

Lmfao @ CCN, the page is all hashlet link now, I guess Scotts tin cup is almost full @ hashtalk... Lets see his comments as a journalist:

A lie

Scott Fargo replied to the topic Hashlets in the forum Altcoin Mining 1 WEEK, 1 DAY AGO
The thing with hashlets is they are not in infinite supply just like hardware.
I have not seen any hardware go up in value yet like hashlets have. I like the platform they have and I will tour a data center as soon as I heal up enough to travel and see Josh and verify the hardware.
So far they are a great buy.

When will this happen Scott, I guess YOU WILL NOT VISIT THEM SOON and be a nice boy, you should apply for a paying job at the major media outlets because it seems like you wear knee pads well and follow orders!!

I have respect for Gavin and I think his question should be answered, if that didn't raise a red flag idk what will.. Also like many others have stated about the questions from other members "THOSE ARE VALID QUESTIONS". Gaw has lied many times, zencontroler claimed many things like 1 click pool switching, automatic updates and a bunch of other baloney. Bring back roi  is a scam or a joke? Used hardware being sent as new to paid customers and I wont get into the valid questions about cracklets or was it hashlets....

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY!

LOL, another I have no proof, but sacred to buy thread.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:07:46 PM

Anybody that asks real questions on GAWs forums gets a ban, too funny. There was 1 member named penny something that was asking great questions, I have not seen him since. As far as the questions posted here.... NONE HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. YOU ALWAYS SEE THE SAME DEFENDERS ON ALL THE POSTS... Dont believe me, do a gaw, hashlet search and you will find panda, air, star and company on all of them defending their ponzi company but will not answer any of the REAL questions!! They avoid the REAL questions like if its the ebola virus..

Please post some real questions...

Other then you want to know exactly how they are doing it, so it becomes worthless.

Anything that makes money and is made public how to do quickly gets diluted and loses all value.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
chunkyjunkie

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:11:03 PM

To those saying it is paying more then average so it must be a scam... I would argue there are many many many many many .. did I mention many possibilites of how they a e making a better then average return and maybe none of them are actually ones being used.

Just off the top of my head... possibly taking all customer hashing power and repackaging it into rental rigs that people consistently pay over market for?

Not to mention economies of scale, location of the datacenters in places with the cheapest electric on the planet?

Again, I could go on and even the 2 I mentioned above might not even be being used.

Edit - To be clear could GAW be possibly not telling the whole story?  Sure, just like anything else in crypto you need to be careful.  HOWEVER! The op claimed proof and yet not one bit of proof has been given.

Heck should I state even the 2 possibilities I mentioned above and start a thread and say proof GAW is not a scam?  No, because I have no proof they are doing what I mentioned.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:34:28 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1yqx55/mining_rig_builders_do_not_sell_anything_or/

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1yh23g/has_anyone_here_sold_their_own_rig_on_ebay_and/

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1yh23g/has_anyone_here_sold_their_own_rig_on_ebay_and/cfkvbbk
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:44:20 PM

Josh Garza's eBay account: http://www.ebay.com/usr/jett2008

Wanna know what other Josh likes Jettas: http://www.communityhosting.net/Jetta/
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:45:09 PM

This has been posted here countless times and was proven to be fake. Any reason why you're spreading fake info, posted by someone who deleted his account right after?

And if this is really his ebay account, please check if there are any negative comments related to the "story" you posted. You'll find that there are none, which IMO is a proof such transaction never took place.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:51:58 PM

What a great show of propriety and class. And that grammar... I think I saw a guy with similar style in here. Next time take a deep breath before you write something, less chance you'll humiliate yourself again.

Oh, so now you are attacking other people's "propriety and class"?  How ignorant.   You have nothing to defend GAW, so you decided to attack other people's grammar?  That's just great!

Again, Answer those real questions!  stop these meaningless arguments.
Dude...idiot...

Signature campaign members are not GAW. God.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: