Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:45:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 2.95btc  (Read 2046 times)
Rayban34 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:49:36 AM

Hi all,

I am in need of a further 2.95btc on my btcjam account. I was just wondering if anyone would like to contribute at all. The more, the merrier.

Apologies that I am a newbie and I come in here and ask for a whopping contribution without adding anything yet to your forum. I would like to add though, I read it a great deal! - but that won't help my case I know.

Anyway, to business: I registered on btcjam to initially take out a loan of 3.2 bitcoins for two Gawminers hosted War Miners at 50MH/s each. The idea behind this is that I would be able to sufficiently mine off the loan within a few months (not happy about the APR! However it was the least I can choose for my rating - I did query it though. Apparently even although I am super verified I have to loan first to boost ratings). Since GAWminers released their Hashlets I have converted all my hardware over to this and I am mining a combined total of about 0.015btc per day, giver or take 0.002btc (That's about 20MH/s scrypt). I now want the loan for 100MH/s scrypt hashlets.

I do realise that I will drop short since btc has dropped quite a bit in the last week, however I will top this up with my own money.

Why ask all of you? And not the bank?

Well, I was made redundant three years ago and had to default on several things - which means I can't get a 6% loan at the bank - pah! And to be honest I'd rather pay 100% apr, than whatever those paydayloan sharks offer. Also, I would be kind of defeating the purpose of my loan asking the bank! lol

What you will be contributing to me if you were to help fund this? Well - this is the one and only loan I plan to ask for. After the loan has paid itself off I plan to introduce cryptocurrency into my local community through camouflaged learning. I run a lot of computer sessions, classes and one to one style learning - By showing people the idea of monetary alternatives away from fiat currency whilst learning what they need to know is a fantastic way to implement the whole cryptocurrency ideology. I have many future plans for this. (Just to make you aware that this is my self-employed computer teaching and not my full-time job (to implement this through my full time job would get me sacked)

What can I secure this with?

Well, I earn an Ok amount from my full time job - so that
0.015btc daily from my zenminer cloud account - this will probably rise to 0.02btc daily when I get paid at the end of the month Cheesy
(I cancelled my cex.io account and transferred everything to zenminer (to be honest the maintenance charges were a joke in comparison))

Link to my btcjam account https://btcjam.com/listings/18697

Thanks for considering me, if at all! Smiley
Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1023

Signature spot available for rent!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:00:17 AM

you are a newbie you cant ask for loan if you just registered

you need to be very active and trusted to get a loan

also 2.95 btc is a big loan!!
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:28:39 PM

Lol, 1 post, asking for 3 BTC...negative trust already  Grin

Sure, I'll send them right over to you Smiley
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:02:03 PM

Wow, people are stupid. Notice how this user has since gone dark after he got funded? That's a good indicator that he is already long gone and onto his next account.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:01:16 PM

In case OP  can't reach the 3 posts...

TL;DR FUCK OFF

go to the bank if you are desperate....

funny... people forget banks... i mean we all no why they dont goto the banks... have really crap credit... or think there idea will fall and bank will want something....

fuck replying in all these threads is just the same thing over and over...

Rayban34 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:16:34 PM

lol guys!

Why all the distrust? And thanks for the negative trust added to my account - don't you have to do something bad for that to amount to negative stuff happening? I mean obviously I didn't understand that I couldn't ask for that much - even if the link gave you my btcjam profile with absolutely everything reviewed and verified.

No matter - the loan funded and I'm well on the way to meeting my financial goal.

Hi Justin - way to go mate. Make friends easily and all that. So, you didn't even bother to read my post huh? Then why tell me to go to the bank? - you'll find that the purpose of my loan was to get started with my idea of giving power to the people and decentralizing power of monetary control from the banks. Quite a while to go, but I'm on the way.

Next time you post, try engaging with newbies - you may find that hug you're looking for.

Tomatocage: Read my update mate. You'll see that btcjam requested I pay 1btc back 3 days after I was funded - fts. It's all sorted now though. End of the month payment and quite rightly so. Hey, you missed out on a 200% investment mate - maybe it's you that is stupid? lol

Joca - thanks mate. I didn't understand the rules - Nice that you were kind to me. Thumbs up! Smiley I forget the superiority some people feel over the newcomers when they ask stupid questions when they don't really understand the rules. To be honest I thought it was nice finding a forum that allows btc loans. Quite an innovative feature if you have a strong spine to not let big personalities not get on top of you. I hear some penis enlargers do work for them though! Or so my spam email inbox tells me Wink

Cheers! If any of you did add some coin. I'm mining away at about 0.08btc per day currently. It's all going good Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 11:26:30 PM

Why all the distrust? And thanks for the negative trust added to my account - don't you have to do something bad for that to amount to negative stuff happening?

Once you pay off the BTCJam loan, let me know and I'll remove the negative trust.

Many users on here distrust BTCJam because of the ability to scam with no repercussions. 

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Rayban34 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:48:52 AM

Why all the distrust? And thanks for the negative trust added to my account - don't you have to do something bad for that to amount to negative stuff happening?

Once you pay off the BTCJam loan, let me know and I'll remove the negative trust.

Many users on here distrust BTCJam because of the ability to scam with no repercussions. 

I think that seems a tad unfair - you have added negative trust on my account based on the fears of other people but not on the actions on my behalf.

Yes, I would totally understand if say people from here had invested with me and I was two months in the red - then yes, quite rightly so I should have a big red dot under my name that would tell people to stay the hell away. But all I received from here was a barrage of abuse and negative trust. No investment, or any blameworthy act on my behalf.

If you eye my profile on btcjam I have absolutely everything verified - address, phone number, passport, the lot. As soon as I go in the red people can knock on my door if they want to because as I understand in the terms and conditions of my loan my details are up for inspection by any investors should I disappear.

That negative trust was added to my account without any discourse with me at all, no questions, no inspection, no nothing. Just Bam! Guilty without trial.

I get that super-users like yourself need to protect the interests of people on your forum but with similar conviction you also need to be fair to users who crop up from time to time genuinely looking to pay back some btc.

You do know that if only the top person had commented I'd have probably removed my topic and thought, "well, fair point!" And got the hell on with my life Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 12:58:25 AM

If you eye my profile on btcjam I have absolutely everything verified - address, phone number, passport, the lot. As soon as I go in the red people can knock on my door if they want to because as I understand in the terms and conditions of my loan my details are up for inspection by any investors should I disappear.

So?  91 people invested in your loan - most just a few dollars.  You think people are going to hunt you down over a few dollars?

There are no repercussions if you default on a BTCJam loan.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:54:22 PM

How is your rating on BTCJam only a D+ with income / paypal / identity verification?
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:58:11 PM

So?  91 people invested in your loan - most just a few dollars.  You think people are going to hunt you down over a few dollars?

From what i've heard, their lawyers (btcjam) will sue you. And also i've seen few people invest 0.1-0.2 into him as circa.
Rayban34 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:38:05 PM

How is your rating on BTCJam only a D+ with income / paypal / identity verification?

I queried that too; although I was given a general response about "the more I have verified, the better my credit rating, etc" - so I responded to that immediately about having everything verified including my Salary - they never got back to me. Why? I'm not too sure - maybe it's time for another query email. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks DubFX:

There have been people that have invested 0.25btc with me.

I had the problem at the start with their ridiculous payback 1btc after 3 days rubbish, but luckily that all ironed out after I emailed support. I did have a contingency plan though and kept people up to date before *anything* was done.

Yup, I respect this also - however as I have done nothing yet to break that trust with btcjam, or here and don't intend to (lawyers or no lawyers) I still feel that you were too quick to judge on the negative rating.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: