Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:04:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It looks like NXT has taken the 4th spot from BTSX on coinmarketcap.  (Read 1731 times)
jrossIV (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:41:23 AM

I went to coinmarketcap and saw that after Litecoin, Bitshares X was the next legitimate decentralized crypto-equity. Now I notice that NXT has taken over BTSX's 4th position (If you count Ripple). 

BTSX it was good knowing you.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:53:13 AM

I went to coinmarketcap and saw that after Litecoin, Bitshares X was the next legitimate decentralized crypto-equity. Now I notice that NXT has taken over BTSX's 4th position (If you count Ripple). 

Amazing victory of Nxt!!! Nxt Go Go Go!!!
 Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
xeroc

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:56:47 AM

Amazing victory of Nxt!!! Nxt Go Go Go!!!
 Smiley

LOOL .. anyway .. btsx has like 15% plus on the 24h price while NXT has like -8% ?!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 12:03:47 PM

Someone is trying to hype aren't you?
Exactly how is this a feat when the difference between the 4th and 5th coin is less than $1M? You do realize that the market caps tend to change drastically in a short period of time. Once some altcoin overtakes LTC then that could be considered a feat.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jrossIV (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:04:25 PM

LOOL .. anyway .. btsx has like 15% plus on the 24h price while NXT has like -8% ?!

Where are those whack percentages coming from?  8 vs 15% price change differences?  I don't even see any real hype from or about Bitshares X.  

Anyone care to clue me in ?

Like uhh for starters what is it ?
testz
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:10:08 PM

Where are those whack percentages coming from?  8 vs 15% price change differences?  I don't even see any real hype from or about Bitshares X.  

If you really want to know more about BitShares/X/PTS/DNS/Vote, etc your can read: http://wiki.bitshares.org
If you like ideas look into https://bitsharestalk.org

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jrossIV (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:14:15 PM

Exactly how is this a feat when the difference between the 4th and 5th coin is less than $1M? You do realize that the market caps tend to change drastically in a short period of time. Once some altcoin overtakes LTC then that could be considered a feat.

Hyping what NXT or BTSX?  The fact that BTSX could not hold on very long? Doesn't look very good from where I am standing.

Are you hyping PrimeDice? Is that site any fun ?
jrossIV (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:28:18 PM

If you really want to know more about BitShares/X/PTS/DNS/Vote, etc your can read: http://wiki.bitshares.org
If you like ideas look into https://bitsharestalk.org

The wiki is quite interesting.  I am not sure what BitShares X is, but it sounds awfully cool. Uhhh. Either a total scam that is delivering vaporware or something quite extrodinary. 

I want to buy some on Cryptsy but do not see the currency offered?

... These distributed autonomous credit unions could rival the value of the largest banks in the world such as JP Morgan and Bank of America in just a few years. BitShares X offers a bank account where funds can be transferred in seconds anywhere in the world with more privacy and security than a Swiss bank account. Your account can never be frozen, your funds cannot be seized, and the bank can never face collapse due to loan defaults or fraud. All of this is made possible without requiring any employees, lawyers, regulatory compliance, vaults, buildings, and other infrastructure required by traditional banks. Unlike existing banks, you can hold your balance denominated in gold, silver, oil, or other commodities in addition to national currencies.

In addition to acting as a bank, BitShares X also serves as an exchange where currencies, commodities, and stock derivatives can be traded with most of the features used by professional traders including shorts and options. The bank takes a cut on every transaction and pays these transaction fees to the delegates and then shareholders by way of the Burn Rate. BitShares X can achieve this feat using the same technology that makes Bitcoin possible - irrevocable decentralized automated consensus forming. The market capitalization of shares in this new bank will exceed two times the value of all balances in gold, silver, oil, and currency accounts. This requirement allows for 200% reserve collateralizing the value of all deposits in the bank.

LOL.
testz
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:40:07 PM

The wiki is quite interesting.  I am not sure what BitShares X is, but it sounds awfully cool. Uhhh. Either a total scam that is delivering vaporware or something quite extrodinary. 

I want to buy some on Cryptsy but do not see the currency offered?

Currently Cryptsy doesn't trade BTSX (I think it's good - personaly I don't like Cryptsy), but you can buy some BTSX on:
http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?mk_type=btc&btc38_trade_coin_name=btsx
https://bter.com/trade/btsx_btc
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_btsx

If you have BitShares-PTS on Cryptsy and want to get shares at comming BitShares DNS and BitShares Vote, move you PTS to wallet, bter or btc38.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732434.0

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:53:03 PM

Lol Smiley

The no. 4 position has been NXT's for a while. (They've been in serious trouble though, demand wise since the hack, bter is trying to help maintain a floor it seems but it's not holding. NXT has performed worse than any coin in the top 15 in the last 48 hours hence the short term crossover)

BTSX has been rising steadily from no. 9 in the last two weeks, look at the graph, as people anticipate the release of BitAssets which are a game changer. It will probably hold at $26-30 million. When BitAssets are released (any day now) they will make NXT history and probably overtake Ripple too in the short term. If they work well even Litecoin will be under threat very quickly imo.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:38:44 PM

What are you talking about? NXT is 5 and BTSX is 4 at the moment. While NXT has a 100K volume BTSX has a 750K volume. This is without the release of bitassets. Once that happens say hello to the new #2.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:16:02 PM

What are you talking about? NXT is 5 and BTSX is 4 at the moment. While NXT has a 100K volume BTSX has a 750K volume. This is without the release of bitassets. Once that happens say hello to the new #2.

Nice to see that volume.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:26:02 PM

Wait, I thought BitAssets are already released on BitsharesX? can't you already buy BitUSD in 0.4.4 client?

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:29:33 PM

Wait, I thought BitAssets are already released on BitsharesX? can't you already buy BitUSD in 0.4.4 client?

I don't think so. I think everything is literally ready to go they're just going over details in the last dry run..

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7172.30
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:03:37 PM

Hyping what NXT or BTSX?  The fact that BTSX could not hold on very long? Doesn't look very good from where I am standing.

Well obviously he isn't hyping BTSX. Well the market cap of a coin in short term isn't important right now. Some coins crashed hard, shouldn't have we said that they were dead?
They bounced back up. I guess it's nice to see NXT actually survive that hack and such, that the confidence is not (completely) lost.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:08:56 PM

The "coin" that has 1 billion units has a high market cap. lol

Most of us don't really care given PoS is broken.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:10:24 PM

Most of us don't really care given PoS is broken.

Thank you for your competent opinion...
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:10:48 PM

I guess it's nice to see NXT actually survive that hack and such, that the confidence is not (completely) lost.

There is actually more confidence now than before Smiley Short-term price fluctuations are of little importance.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:41:36 PM

Well obviously he isn't hyping BTSX. Well the market cap of a coin in short term isn't important right now. Some coins crashed hard, shouldn't have we said that they were dead?
They bounced back up. I guess it's nice to see NXT actually survive that hack and such, that the confidence is not (completely) lost.

That is true, I expected to see NXT crash hard after the hack but its doing surprisingly well. I'm kinda peeved that I didn't get into this at the beginning. Oh well.. can't win em all.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:43:57 PM

Hah, and there's another thread saying NXT is doomed https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750520.0

Around and around we go. Spin spin spin.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: