Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:19:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It looks like NXT has taken the 4th spot from BTSX on coinmarketcap.  (Read 1731 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:49:00 PM

I went to coinmarketcap and saw that after Litecoin, Bitshares X was the next legitimate decentralized crypto-equity. Now I notice that NXT has taken over BTSX's 4th position (If you count Ripple). 

BTSX it was good knowing you.

The "coin" that has 1 billion units has a high market cap. lol

Most of us don't really care given PoS is broken.

No, PoW is broken, and not sustainable. PoS or more specifically DPoS on the other hand, is just fine.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
jrossIV (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:58:43 PM

Wow I kept playing around with BTSX thinking about investing.

The BTSX wallet doesn't seem so bad.  Looks way better than any Bitcoin wallet.  I've signed up with poloniex to trade.  I'm getting rid of some NXT as we speak but why does the price have to be so low  Undecided  I'm sitting here busy at work and if I would have been able to sell NXT earlier I'd have at least 20% more BTSX.

Maybe BTSX X isn't a flash in the pan?  Looks like a place to diversify.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:27:54 PM

Bitcoin PoW is understood to be broken due to the technical knowledge to partake and the $capital costs to get involved.  Even in developed countries, how many middle class people have enough $capital to pay a $60K monthly electrical bill, build a large factory in China and build three people to watch over the hardware?

Why is NXT's pure PoS not considered broken?  Only way to forge realistic amounts is through acquiring millions of NXT and that costs six figures in $Fiat (which will become seven and eight figures if NXT capitalization increases 10 and 100 fold).

Maybe because mining and forging are not supposed to be a money making opportunity? They exist to secure the block chains, not as get rich quick schemes.

They need to be somewhat profitable otherwise people wouldn't secure the block chains and the networks are less secure, but IMO you aren't supposed to be able to make a living doing so. Providing a small supplemental income is enough to keep the block chains secure I think.

Sure, people with deep pockets may be able to, but even then it is only marginally profitable and they have to throw a lot of money at it to make a decent living. I think there are easier ways to make a living if you have that much money.

Btw.. I am still bullish on Nxt
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: