- Are interested in learning Python?
- Want to program some things that are useful?
- And, most importantly, do you want someone to guide you through the process?
I've been using Python, a programming language, for about two years now, and I think I'm pretty decent at it, and have the experience to start teaching you the basics. I'll use "Dive Into Python" as a sort of textbook reference, but . There will be around 10 lessons, and each lesson will have an (optional
) test where you write a solution. And there'll be bonus questions if you want to be challenged even more!
- Lesson 1: Installing Python
- Lesson 2: Hello World, strings
- Lesson 3: variables, functions
- Lesson 4: ints, floats
- Lesson 5: lists, dictionaries, tuples
- Lesson 6: for, while, booleans
- Lesson 7: using modules, number guessing game
- Lesson 8: dynamic web site
- Lesson 9: getting more modules with easy_install
- Lesson 10: getting serious
Everyone who's interested should sign up, for just 2 BTC
. I'm going to teach it in a reddit.com subreddit. I'll make a private subreddit; you sign up on reddit and tell me your username, and I'll let you in.