Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibly Looking For Someone To Collect On Debts Owed To Me  (Read 1803 times)
DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:34:05 PM

I have an Ebay customer who bought an S3 from me.  Ebay told me the payment was made and so I shipped the item only later to find on Paypal that the payment was an Echeck and had not cleared the bank yet.  Today, the payment was denied and not put into my Paypal account.  To me, this is a problem on Ebay's hands as they told me to ship the item as payment was made and everything was good when in fact it wasn't, they do not seem to think so, and have referred me to ic3.gov to file a complaint.
I was assured that they would handle it and either get me my money or my item, but after reading up on who they are and what they do, I am not so sure, and even if they do, I doubt it will be timely, so I am guessing I can expect to receive my S3 back sometime next year when it is worthless.  That is why I am potentially looking for someone to visit this person and collect on debts owed.  The person is in Springfield Gardens, NY and I have a name, address, and will get the telephone number from Ebay soon.  I suppose the payment for this service would be based on amount of work required to get my item/money back, I would obviously take the item back, but am thinking at this point this person should pay for missed mining time and any other fees (like this one) I incur as well, but that can be determined later.

This is a feeler thread for now until I see what Ebay will do or if the person contacts me back to get this resolved.  If interested, please post below with qualifications and why you think you can handle this, and also a rough idea of your fees for this.  Obviously time is of the essence in this mining game, so I will be making arrangements sooner rather than later once I hear what Ebay will do.

Note:  To my knowledge this type of thread is not against forum rules.  I have seen many others posting similar threads, but if there is something I am missing, please let me know and the thread will be taken down.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:34:47 PM

I have an Ebay customer who bought an S3 from me.  Ebay told me the payment was made and so I shipped the item only later to find on Paypal that the payment was an Echeck and had not cleared the bank yet.  Today, the payment was denied and not put into my Paypal account.  To me, this is a problem on Ebay's hands as they told me to ship the item as payment was made and everything was good when in fact it wasn't, they do not seem to think so, and have referred me to ic3.gov to file a complaint.
I was assured that they would handle it and either get me my money or my item, but after reading up on who they are and what they do, I am not so sure, and even if they do, I doubt it will be timely, so I am guessing I can expect to receive my S3 back sometime next year when it is worthless.  That is why I am potentially looking for someone to visit this person and collect on debts owed.  The person is in Springfield Gardens, NY and I have a name, address, and will get the telephone number from Ebay soon.  I suppose the payment for this service would be based on amount of work required to get my item/money back, I would obviously take the item back, but am thinking at this point this person should pay for missed mining time and any other fees (like this one) I incur as well, but that can be determined later.

This is a feeler thread for now until I see what Ebay will do or if the person contacts me back to get this resolved.  If interested, please post below with qualifications and why you think you can handle this, and also a rough idea of your fees for this.  Obviously time is of the essence in this mining game, so I will be making arrangements sooner rather than later once I hear what Ebay will do.

Note:  To my knowledge this type of thread is not against forum rules.  I have seen many others posting similar threads, but if there is something I am missing, please let me know and the thread will be taken down.

I'm not sure whether BitcoinTalk can help u in resolving this type of an issue. Even if someone is able, he wont probably be posting here to avoid associated aberrations. As I have heard, these kinda issues are handled in deep web. U might try those services though not recommended...

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

I would suggest to use something like darknet for this since it sounds a little illegal to do it Cheesy
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:40:55 PM

It's possible that the address you have was just a "drop address" that the scammer used to receive the goods. You should check if it's an abandoned or foreclosed property.

Anyway, I'd recommend you contact the buyer yourself or hire a regulated debt collector to do it.

You should also post the scammers personal details here so that others Googling them will find them, you'll prevent future scams.

PS. Most of those "debt collection" services on the "deep web" (god how I hate that term) are scams too.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Please note, I am not looking or advertising for illegal services.  I am looking for someone who can act as a debt collector.  I appreciate the feedback and helpful advice.  Hopefully I will get this resolved because it just makes me sick that people do this and I have no patience or sympathy for them.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:48:13 PM

I would suggest to use something like darknet for this since it sounds a little illegal to do it Cheesy
I don't think it is illegal in the U.S. The OP could even sell the debt to a collector who then takes over pressing the deadbeat. Of course you can't beat the guy up, but you can make his life a living hell. Calling 10 times a day to his employer, posting on all his social media, asking the local police to accompany you on a visit to his house, etc.  Cool

When I've had to deal with stuff like this I follow the rule... "paying should be the least expensive option for the deadbeat."

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:49:36 PM

I don't think it is illegal in the U.S. The OP could even sell the debt to a collector who then takes over pressing the deadbeat. Of course you can't beat the guy up, but you can make his life a living hell. Calling 10 times a day to his employer, posting on all his social media, asking the local police to accompany you on a visit to his house, etc.  Cool

That is what I am looking for, not sure about selling the debt yet, but of course it can be discussed with whoever is up to the job.  Nothing illegal, just make him miserable.

DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:54:12 PM

Fuck it, its probably gone.  Looking at the address, it seems to be a shipping depo of some sort.   Probably a fake drop or something.  Man this pisses me off.  How could the address be verified on Paypal, and Ebay say go ahead and ship it, but there is obviously no one living there?

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:06:06 PM

Fuck it, its probably gone.  Looking at the address, it seems to be a shipping depo of some sort.   Probably a fake drop or something.  Man this pisses me off.  How could the address be verified on Paypal, and Ebay say go ahead and ship it, but there is obviously no one living there?

Once u r done trying out all your known options, post the name & address details and put a bitcoin bounty on getting back your shipped product. Sometime bounties work like magic...

DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:06:52 PM

Fuck it, its probably gone.  Looking at the address, it seems to be a shipping depo of some sort.   Probably a fake drop or something.  Man this pisses me off.  How could the address be verified on Paypal, and Ebay say go ahead and ship it, but there is obviously no one living there?

Once u r done trying out all your known options, post the name & address details and put a bitcoin bounty on getting back your shipped product. Sometime bounties work like magic...

Yea I plan to

EDIT:  Why not start now?
Andrea Larmee
18221 150TH AVE
RUH 24546
Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
United States

I doubt anything will come of it though.

SLVR4ME

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:11:00 PM

Everyone who has ever sold 1 item on Ebay knows that Ebay only protects Buyers.
I have been burned by scammer buyers on that garbage site 4 times.
All members were "verified" by Ebay.

Im not sure how anyone would be willing to sell something over $100 on that site... you are almost better off listing on craigslist and meeting the buyer in the middle of a cornfield at midnight or in an alley in Cleveland.

I hope you get your money OP...its not looking good tho since Ebay doesnt care about Sellers.

DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:16:19 PM

I appreciate anyone who can provide any support.  I was mainly getting rid of some miners to help pay for my wedding coming up, as there were some unforeseen expenses that popped up in the 11th hour.  This kind of thing just makes me sick and that Ebay won't reimburse me, even though they said everything was fine and smooth with the buyer.  Ugh, just leaves a pit in the middle of your stomach.

DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:40:44 PM

It's really odd that they told you to ship when it was an e-check, from what I remember e-bay would tell me NOT to ship until the e-check clears.

They are totally liable for this, file a dispute with paypal and ebay. Decent chance they won't give you the money despite being liable though.

Unfortunately you had to learn the hard way, ebay is a terrible place to sell anything.

Ebay told me to ship, Paypal said to wait until the check clears.  Unfortunately, I was on my way out the door to ship other stuff and only looked at Ebay, definitely a mistake I won't make twice.  A costly one to learn though.  It just peeves me that they are owned by the same company, yet one can say, "Everything is good, payment received" and the other says, "Wait for payment to clear".  It's just dumb you should be expected to check both places before going to ship, making it easy for sellers my ass.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:47:56 PM

Fuck it, its probably gone.  Looking at the address, it seems to be a shipping depo of some sort.   Probably a fake drop or something.  Man this pisses me off.  How could the address be verified on Paypal, and Ebay say go ahead and ship it, but there is obviously no one living there?

Yea I plan to

EDIT:  Why not start now?
Andrea Larmee
18221 150TH AVE
RUH 24546
Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
United States

I doubt anything will come of it though.

U missed to put on a bounty over here.

I appreciate anyone who can provide any support.  I was mainly getting rid of some miners to help pay for my wedding coming up, as there were some unforeseen expenses that popped up in the 11th hour.  This kind of thing just makes me sick and that Ebay won't reimburse me, even though they said everything was fine and smooth with the buyer.  Ugh, just leaves a pit in the middle of your stomach.

Dont u guys have some sort of consumer forum for grievance redressal as a seller ? I'm not from US... so not aware of your system.

aboo

Activity: 188

First decentralized MLM system based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:48:50 PM

Its not illegal to ask for this, many people collect debts as they're profession, but I'd not recommend finding someone here to do it for you. Just google debt collection services New York and hire some professionals to do this for you. Safer for you, certainly.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:49:50 PM

Everyone who has ever sold 1 item on Ebay knows that Ebay only protects Buyers.
I have been burned by scammer buyers on that garbage site 4 times.
All members were "verified" by Ebay.

Im not sure how anyone would be willing to sell something over $100 on that site... you are almost better off listing on craigslist and meeting the buyer in the middle of a cornfield at midnight or in an alley in Cleveland.

I hope you get your money OP...its not looking good tho since Ebay doesnt care about Sellers.

not that hard to get verified paypal accounts hell i have 2 verified to PO boxes, the card details just have to match the card details or to be more precise paypal make a transaction with those details and it it goes through then they consider it verified.

main reason i have multiple account is because paypal screwed me over once and sadly i lost alot of business over the 6 months it took them to admit there wrong so a few phoney accounts means paypal cant stop my business.

as for the topic in hand even if it was a drop address getting a court order wouldnt be to much of a problem, as for whos fault it was i blame both OP and paypal. OP should know better than to trust what paypal say and paypal are just paypal a multi million $ company that like to screw people over

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 06:26:20 PM

Although it's not illegal to ask for debt collector service, but you have to think of other implications that are not very obvious. What you do know is the buyer on ebay is a scammer. What you don't know is whether he's a criminal in other aspects too, or how dangerous he is. If you hire someone on this forum to do the dirty work, are you going to be liable if something happens to the debt collector? Even if you both agree that you won't be liable, then something does happen to him, it can be traced back to you and you will be responsible.

DebitMe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:31:14 PM

Although it's not illegal to ask for debt collector service, but you have to think of other implications that are not very obvious. What you do know is the buyer on ebay is a scammer. What you don't know is whether he's a criminal in other aspects too, or how dangerous he is. If you hire someone on this forum to do the dirty work, are you going to be liable if something happens to the debt collector? Even if you both agree that you won't be liable, then something does happen to him, it can be traced back to you and you will be responsible.

Good point and thank you for pointing out something I had not previously considered. 

For now, I have put out the information I have to warn others (although I am sure he has moved on to something else). 

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 06:54:17 PM

Honestly the value of the S3 is probably just not worth all of the effort...they are worth what $400? It would take a lot more than that for someone to go and find this guy and confront him.  Probably best to fill out a complaint and just see what happens (basically just write this off as a loss).  Selling mining hardware on eBay is never a good idea for this very reason.  The scammer will probably mine with it for a month or 2 then return it.
Mirdude

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:53:24 PM

I'm verified in the US and I don't even live there, in fact I never have  Lips sealed

Although, all you need is a Virtual Credit Card and a virtual bank, and some fake documents incase they limit you.
I've been limited and provided a fake proof of address.

It's simple and can be done under $20.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: