Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Improve forum and built strong community  (Read 1713 times)
xbit.in (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:05:22 PM

I am from web hosting industry and we have a very good web hosting community and forum ie. www.webhostingtalk.com

> Using vbulletin forum software it has great and fantastic features.
> It has strong forum community
> Very strict rules not to advertise our self and great team of moderators.

I will insist to all Moderator of this form to use vbulletin SMF is free software and not professional touch and it has no features.
Even most people advertise or recommend them self or their own service in thread.

I am bitcoin lover and i will say Lets built strong forum community and upgrade it to vbulletin

What do you guys think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

Can you elaborate a bit more about what you meant by great and fantastic features? Cool Cool

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:09:58 PM

Can you elaborate a bit more about what you meant by great and fantastic features? Cool Cool
I don't think OP even has a clue how this works, why the forum is how it is, why bitcoin is how it is, etc. This isn't even posted in the correct forum. There is already a discussion going on regarding the new forum software and it's on a whole different level than just switching it over to vBulletin (which would be the most insane and terrible idea ever, by the way).

You can't just switch a forum like this over to a closed source and weak forum software like vBulletin.

xbit.in (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:15:06 PM

Great features like for example:

>  premium look and feel no matter how many hours you read forum you will love it not get bored do to good fonts and look and feel.
> Very good PM box
> Good signature feature.
> A user and see his past post history and subscribed threads.

This is only few i do remember now but vbulletin is excellent you will love to be on forum for hours.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:17:15 PM

you are in the wrong section sugar.

And anyway theymos has very different plans and allready spend coins on those.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523070.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
xbit.in (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:18:38 PM

Its good to hear that there is already discussion going on new forum, no matter if its no vBulletin . May be can even find better but the existing smf is not good at all

I don't think OP even has a clue how this works, why the forum is how it is, why bitcoin is how it is, etc. This isn't even posted in the correct forum. There is already a discussion going on regarding the new forum software and it's on a whole different level than just switching it over to vBulletin (which would be the most insane and terrible idea ever, by the way).

You can't just switch a forum like this over to a closed source and weak forum software like vBulletin.

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:19:03 PM

>  premium look and feel no matter how many hours you read forum you will love it not get bored do to good fonts and look and feel.
> Very good PM box

This is only few i do remember now but vbulletin is excellent you will love to be on forum for hours.

Peple are already on here for hours. Shoot I am on here for hours a day and I like the fact it is very simple and clean looking. Too much graphics ruins websites and forums. Please don't post in the wrong section also.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:07:43 PM

I am from web hosting industry and we have a very good web hosting community and forum ie. www.webhostingtalk.com

> Using vbulletin forum software it has great and fantastic features.
> It has strong forum community
> Very strict rules not to advertise our self and great team of moderators.

I will insist to all Moderator of this form to use vbulletin SMF is free software and not professional touch and it has no features.
Even most people advertise or recommend them self or their own service in thread.

I am bitcoin lover and i will say Lets built strong forum community and upgrade it to vbulletin

What do you guys think?

Been a long timer of WebHostingTalk and DigitalPoint I can tell u, U r being blinded by your set habits. WHT is running on vBulletin, DP is running on XenForo and BCT is running on SMF. All are doing fyne with their own user base. If u were a forum hopper, U would not have faced this difficulty. There is an old saying in the internet industry ~ "Let it stay as it is, unless it is broken."

xbit.in (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:11:59 AM

LOL. ppl are for hours here even i do.
Is there any other option? Because its main BTC forum.

Forget about GUI. What about other features?

What's wrong in more improvement?

> Very good PM box

Peple are already on here for hours. Shoot I am on here for hours a day and I like the fact it is very simple and clean looking. Too much graphics ruins websites and forums. Please don't post in the wrong section also.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:47:37 AM

LOL. ppl are for hours here even i do.
Is there any other option? Because its main BTC forum.

Forget about GUI. What about other features?

What's wrong in more improvement?

> Very good PM box

One of the major features of the current SMF forum is it's absolutely secure currently. By not doing random updates / adding more features, we don't have to worry about new vulnerabilities, just old ones.

All it'd take is a single vBulletin 0day, and bam! Entire forum is defaced. Not to mention, the new forum software is going to be custom coded and way better than vBulletin.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHlm4NQkSzaBTT5tLIqQBmV92wSsbdOX5r-dRR9Dgg0/edit

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: