Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations BadBear!  (Read 2072 times)
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:12:14 PM

Congratz on becoming an administrator!

So, any story behind becoming an administrator? Is theymos transferring ownership to you? Or any reason for the change?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:19:20 PM

Fucking hell. This was 10+ days ago? Jesus.. I've been away from the forums for too long. I ctrl+f'd the front page of meta for "admin" and didn't see anything. Anyway, I guess my questions were answered in the other thread so I'll just lock it >.<

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:27:43 PM

So, any story behind becoming an administrator?

*Hazy visuals indicating a flashback* There was once a young bear who spent his days cleaning up shit the other animals left in the woods...*fade to black*

Is theymos transferring ownership to you?

Nah, I'm not taking his place.   

Or any reason for the change?

I was already doing a lot of admin duties, this just streamlines it and makes it easier and more efficient for the both of us. Stuff like temp bans, ban appeals (emails still go theymos but I can handle the ones posted/pm'ed), etc.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:38:59 PM

Congrats, BadBear! Couldn't tell this earlier as I was afraid to start a thread. Lips sealed . So can you handle everything like banning users?

Kindly,
       MZ

bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:29:44 AM

*Hazy visuals indicating a flashback* There was once a young bear who spent his days cleaning up shit the other animals left in the woods...*fade to black*

Is theymos transferring ownership to you?

Nah, I'm not taking his place.   

Or any reason for the change?

I was already doing a lot of admin duties, this just streamlines it and makes it easier and more efficient for the both of us. Stuff like temp bans, ban appeals (emails still go theymos but I can handle the ones posted/pm'ed), etc.

Did you totally abuse your powers to unlock my thread just to respond to me? Meh, makes me feel special. I'll allow it.

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:34:04 AM

Congrats, BadBear! Couldn't tell this earlier as I was afraid to start a thread. Lips sealed . So can you handle everything like banning users?

Kindly,
       MZ

BadBear has been banning users long ago since he was a global mod (I believe he is always the major mod doing the dirty job lol) Smiley

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:38:22 AM

Wow congrats, how does it feel to be the 2nd highest in position (theymos is still owner right?) in the largest by far bitcoin forums in the world. In the future, you will be known as the 2nd in command at bitcointalk, the forum that got bitcoin started  Grin

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:31:56 AM

Congrats Badbear!

Wow congrats, how does it feel to be the 2nd highest in position (theymos is still owner right?) in the largest by far bitcoin forums in the world. In the future, you will be known as the 2nd in command at bitcointalk, the forum that got bitcoin started  Grin

What about Stefan Thomas?
He is still an admin, though he is not very active...

lol Grin

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:57:55 AM

Did you totally abuse your powers to unlock my thread just to respond to me? Meh, makes me feel special. I'll allow it.

Mods can post to locked topics.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:51:08 AM

Not all mods. Patrollers probably can't (since I can't).

EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:27:23 AM

Dedicated mods. (e.g. Turkish board for me)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:17:31 PM

I could get picky and say 'patrollers' != 'mods' Tongue. I stand corrected, thanks.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:33:27 PM

I could get picky and say 'patrollers' != 'mods' Tongue. I stand corrected, thanks.
Well, we do moderate (delete, move, nuke newbies), so I guess it counts, right? Tongue

bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:02:27 PM

Does posting automatically unlock the thread though? Or does it just append to the thread and the thread remains locked?

Either way, it was a joke Smiley

I was just trying to cut down on any sort of spam generated by "CONGRATZ BADBEAR" posts, but I guess badbear just likes being the center of attention.

(It's okay badbear, I'm mostly joking [don't ban me, kthxbai]).

Cøbra
Bitcoin.org domain administrator

Activity: 123
Merit: 470

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:13:56 PM

Congratulations BadBear! Smiley
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:35:32 AM

Congratulations badbear for selling your soul to the forum!
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:39:32 AM

all fear of badbear now =]

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:12:21 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 05:24:51 AM by BadBear

Or does it just append to the thread and the thread remains locked?

This, it just adds the post, I didn't unlock it. I do remember seeing some red text when I posted but I could've sworn it was "There's a new reply" warning, not "This topic has been locked and only mods can reply" warning.

Fake edit:  Checked the logs, apparently I did unlock it. Roll Eyes Silly bear. I check the forums often from mobile devices in the field, and locking/unlocking has no confirmation box like most actions, it just happens, so it's possible. Maybe I need to lay off the whiskey.

Wow congrats, how does it feel to be the 2nd highest in position (theymos is still owner right?) in the largest by far bitcoin forums in the world. In the future, you will be known as the 2nd in command at bitcointalk, the forum that got bitcoin started  Grin

I'm pretty insignificant in the big picture, I'm just a janitor who cleans up, and helps keep the forums readable and usable for everyone. There are many here who deserve recognition, or deserve to be known more than me.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
bluefirecorp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:47:22 PM

Or does it just append to the thread and the thread remains locked?

This, it just adds the post, I didn't unlock it. I do remember seeing some red text when I posted but I could've sworn it was "There's a new reply" warning, not "This topic has been locked and only mods can reply" warning.

Fake edit:  Checked the logs, apparently I did unlock it. Roll Eyes Silly bear. I check the forums often from mobile devices in the field, and locking/unlocking has no confirmation box like most actions, it just happens, so it's possible. Maybe I need to lay off the whiskey.

Wow congrats, how does it feel to be the 2nd highest in position (theymos is still owner right?) in the largest by far bitcoin forums in the world. In the future, you will be known as the 2nd in command at bitcointalk, the forum that got bitcoin started  Grin

I'm pretty insignificant in the big picture, I'm just a janitor who cleans up, and helps keep the forums readable and usable for everyone. There are many here who deserve recognition, or deserve to be known more than me.

For some reason, I always thought you as a panda:

Oh, look, this is what happens at a meeting with moar bears:

And your reaction after getting admin:

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:45:42 AM

So many asskissers. badbear is a terrible lazy useless mod and he'll make a even worse admin.

Why would theymos make him admin?

Yep this bull shit statement is based on a lot of credibility coming from 7 post newbie sock puppet. Too afraid to post under your own account? BTW, as admin there's a tad more ability to figure out who you are LOL.

I said it 10+ days ago, congrats and say it again.

This is good for the forum.

~BCX~
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: