Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 08:41:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Searching for Moderator] Needed for AlphaExchange | The Greatest P2P Exchange  (Read 3387 times)
R- (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 01:05:30 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2012, 03:29:48 PM by BitAvenue (Robs)

I have reworked the idea of BitAvenue, and I am happy to introduce a new project in development dubbed AlphaExchange. Our site, AlphaExchange.org will be a P2P Bitcoin trading forum. I am looking for two moderators or administrators* who would like to create the site with me and split the revenue stream. A knowledge of site administration or moderation is important but not required. Please PM me regarding applications.

*The application process is formal. I will only accept your application if you are serious and will be dedicated to AlphaExchange. A copy of your resume or a rundown of your accolades will be necessary.

Also guys please note that I cut off the hosting for the time being while I migrate to a Linux VPS.

Feature Rich
  • Ease of use, No more IRC! -The famous Web of Trust system will be integrated within the site itself, so you can trade with reputable users and avoid sketchy or unknown ones. The WOT will work in tandem with an on site a reputation system, so you will be able to record successful transaction on AlphaExchange without having to GPG verify, or over IRC.
  • Gone are the times of cumbersome PM trading- conduct your trades and transactions over a streamlined chat interface with the integrated forum board messenger.

Safety:
  • Reputation System
  • Rumor Mill subform for asking questions and leaving feedback for traders
  • Escrow System - trusted volunteers from BitcoinTalkwill offer free escrow services.
  • Users with legitimate scam reports against them will be banned immediately if they cannot provide counter-evidence.

A More Personalized Forum Board:

• Earn awards and prizes for achieving certain feats.
  • Join one of the official groups with like minded people and use your own private group subform
  • Be one of first 7 users to hit 1,000 posts and receive a $50.00 Mt Gox code.
  • Customize your profile with no signature image limitations
  • Expanded BBCode

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssaCEO

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 02:09:06 PM

Out of curiosity, how do you plan to accept PayPal deposits when they're reversible, and PayPal has consistently frozen accounts of people who use it to buy Bitcoins?

Omni

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 08:15:08 PM

This is a super idea. The more exchanges the better. Mtgox has become too much of a police exchange. It's not their fault.. They just got too big too fast.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 08:26:04 PM

Watching.
Seal
Donator

Activity: 849
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 05:04:51 AM

Sorry for doubting you, but I recommend you look into it a lot more seriously. The last thing we need is another exchange set up who will go bust. Read up about chargebacks and the relevant bank accounts required. You will notice that their services for what you want to provide for your clients will not come cheap, or easily. Most of the exchanges that have gone bust, have done so because of chargebacks. This is one of the main reasons for brokers requiring verification.

Also, if you do get short-changed. Who will pay the price if you do not collect any fees? What if your BTC float (or worse, your offline wallet) is compromised, who will pay the price for that?

Most of us who have thought about setting up our own exchange have weighed the pro's and con's. Even with a 0.65% charge on each trade, the profit you will get on a moderate trade volume will not justify the effort required and the costs incurred.

A few questions:

How much are you investing into this project?
Whats in it for you, personally?

And a pointer: Intersango's code is open source, it contains a very powerful and capable trading engine which supports multiple currencys. If you are serious about this then you should consider using it.

(on a side note, you have a typo: you put down GBD as a supported currency)

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 06:15:01 AM

nice
Herbert

Activity: 488

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 07:16:38 AM

Definitely interesting. Could you elaborate on your motivation? It seems you want to do this "just" to bring bitcoin forward? Or any other background?

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 10:00:49 AM

Definitely interesting. Could you elaborate on your motivation? It seems you want to do this "just" to bring bitcoin forward? Or any other background?

Our motivation is really to bring more people to Bitcoin. See below:
To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue...

nice

Thank you. We think it is nice too.

@ SEAL LINK:

Sorry for doubting you, but I recommend you look into it a lot more seriously. The last thing we need is another exchange set up who will go bust. Read up about chargebacks and the relevant bank accounts required. You will notice that their services for what you want to provide for your clients will not come cheap, or easily. Most of the exchanges that have gone bust, have done so because of chargebacks. This is one of the main reasons for brokers requiring verification.

Thank you for your opinion Seal Link. We have taken the risks into consideration and are only currently accepting ONE payment method which is reversible (easily). However, we have sidestepped that issue already using a series of dummy PayPal accounts. PayPal might not like it, but we are not breaking their T/S and if PayPal is to point the finger at anyone, it should be the fraudsters, not BitAvenue.
As for verification, we are willing to take that risk and possible pay for it too if it means our userbase can remain anonymous, the way Satoshi designed Bitcoin to be. Also, we are accepting PayPal because we KNOW it will expand the userbase of Bitcoin.

Also, if you do get short-changed. Who will pay the price if you do not collect any fees? What if your BTC float (or worse, your offline wallet) is compromised, who will pay the price for that? Most of us who have thought about setting up our own exchange have weighed the pro's and con's. Even with a 0.65% charge on each trade, the profit you will get on a moderate trade volume will not justify the effort required and the costs incurred.
In the event that someone takes advantage of the service we are offering and 'rips us off' so to speak, I will be the one footing the bill. We are not after profits on this venture. Our model is based on the belief that anyone should be able to buy and sell Bitcoins easily WITHOUT having to pay for the privilege to do so. Do banks charge us to use Visa? No.

A few questions:
Our current capital base is $23,000. BitAvenue has been number crunching and we believe it can cover the costs of building the website, our own mining Pool (My favourite part) paying for hosting costs, and doing some moderate advertising. We will also be accepting donations once our site is up and running.
Personally, I have the satisfaction that I have created something useful. To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue and develop a positive association towards it as many people do towards non-profit organizations. We aim to expand the userbase of Bitcoin. Mt. Gox and Intersango are not ideal in terms of 'user-friendliness'.
1) They charge fees
2) They are not completely transparent
3) They require verification of identity for certain transactions

And a pointer: Intersango's code is open source, it contains a very powerful and capable trading engine which supports multiple currencys. If you are serious about this then you should consider using it.
We have been taking a look at that. I have also been in contact with BitInstant's founders and their dev team MIGHT take a look at writing our website.

(on a side note, you have a typo: you put down GBD as a supported currency)

Thanks you.
R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 02:23:08 PM

Updated to consolidate required features. 
Seal
Donator

Activity: 849
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 02:25:07 AM

A few questions:
Our current capital base is $23,000. BitAvenue has been number crunching and we believe it can cover the costs of building the website, our own mining Pool (My favourite part) paying for hosting costs, and doing some moderate advertising. We will also be accepting donations once our site is up and running.
Personally, I have the satisfaction that I have created something useful. To some it sounds cliché, but our goal is to have people look at BitAvenue and develop a positive association towards it as many people do towards non-profit organizations. We aim to expand the userbase of Bitcoin. Mt. Gox and Intersango are not ideal in terms of 'user-friendliness'.
1) They charge fees

Fair play. I hope it works out, more brokers is never a bad thing, it'll help increase the bitcoin userbase and ultimately, liquidity.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 08:17:28 PM

A few questions:
1) They charge fees

Fair play. I hope it works out, more brokers is never a bad thing, it'll help increase the bitcoin userbase and ultimately, liquidity.

Thanks for the support Seal. I will keep you posted.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 08:26:03 PM

watching

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 10:24:04 PM

Watching.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 02:26:50 PM

Double_watching
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:25:34 PM

Triple_watching Wink
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 02:02:46 AM

Also watching.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 02:15:35 AM

Also watching.

+1 and good luck on getting it up and running looks promising from what you have listed.
R- (OP)

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 08:54:40 AM

Also watching.

+1 and good luck on getting it up and running looks promising from what you have listed.
Thank you. I am getting some designs created today. I will post sketches if they are finished.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 11:51:04 PM

In what country are you considering to base your server?

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 02:51:05 AM

BitAvenue aims to protect your privacy. We will NEVER allow ourselves to ask you for identification. Upon being FORCED, (we will resist being pressured) to do so by others, will we inform our userbase, return your funds, and close down.

I like this. Very John Galt-ish Wink

Make sure you're not in the US. I recommend forming it and/or hosting and/or running it from Guatemala, which has no reciprocal information treaty with the US (Hong Kong also good).

You should also build a backup or mirror of it that exists as a Tor hidden service.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: