Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:12:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Tx DB use the merkle tree pruning?  (Read 2310 times)
BrightAnarchist (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:09:02 PM

Is there any reason that this has not yet been implemented? Are there any limitations imposed by this approach to compress the blockchain? I never fully understood the tradeoffs here, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:14:05 PM

Priorities.  Developers have more pressing issues.  In the short term barring an explosion in tx volume the blockchain size will grow linear (maybe geometrically if tx volume continues to grow).  It simply isn't that pressing of an issue.

Still that is the power of open source. If you feel it is the #1 priority you can
* code it yourself
* pay someone else to code it
* convince others it should be a higher priority.
BrightAnarchist (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:50:44 PM

I would love to code it myself, but I don't understand Bitcoin's code well enough yet. First I'd like to implement a simple python client so I can really understand all the dirty details, and then maybe I'd be able to do something like that.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 01:59:28 AM

I would love to code it myself, but I don't understand Bitcoin's code well enough yet. First I'd like to implement a simple python client so I can really understand all the dirty details, and then maybe I'd be able to do something like that.
there's your problem. the only full bitcoin client (correct me if i'm wrong) is in c++.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
BrightAnarchist (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 12:31:15 AM

there's your problem. the only full bitcoin client (correct me if i'm wrong) is in c++.

Last time I checked Python was Turing complete
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 01:18:13 AM

i was pointing out that you have a lot of work ahead of you because there's no reference code. NOT because you were using python.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
BrightAnarchist (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 05:25:38 PM

i was pointing out that you have a lot of work ahead of you because there's no reference code. NOT because you were using python.

Ah, true.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: