Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: winner has been decided see other thread for results  (Read 32450 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:10:56 AM

Matt: You totally read not panned out as something it was not
I was talking about the broken referral system, and confusion about email hashing etc
Ah okay.

Not sure where you get 400% from though - even if you count the 20% I am giving the forum - its only about half of that.
I wasn't being serious. Those points were mostly jokes to troll people who thought I was scamming them by having a raffle in the first place.

Smiley

I remember typing "not panned out" the first time and thinking "matt is going to destroy me for that" hahahaha

but seriously I know your raffle was a success thats why I did mine! Considering your raffle was the first one in the existence of Bitcoin (as far as I know - someone check the Guinness book of records) it went pretty smoothly and you were able to start the development of the Bitcoin block chain raffle system which is pretty cool - maybe someone will take what you started and I built on and make it even better.

Someone like Bit-Pay could really make the whole thing streamlined and take it to the next level. I am just a web designer / developer - not a full pledged programmer by any means  and I can only take it so far.

I like you Matt because you know how to make money and your not afraid to do so, what we really need to do in his Bitcoin community is stop this stigma about making a profit. It seems like everyone gets so pissed when people try to make money. Not sure where I got this from but I always thought the point of business was to make a profit but The way some people act around here you would think I was a terrorist or something.

"Your making double your money back - how DARE YOU!" Where I come from that's just called having a good day.

shut up and sell more raffle tickets I want to win my 7970 already!

+1 lol  Don't worry Im on it Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:36:00 PM

Test, 1, 2, 3, test! Is this raffle still on?
Seems you lost steam...

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:43:56 PM

Seems you lost steam...

Looks like 56 tickets have been sold now.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 04:57:26 PM

Seems you lost steam...

This is to be expected, we are in a lull at the moment but I am gearing up for a big round of advertising. For one thing I am buying four advertising slots on this forum which will start on the 17th, that is going to be a big source of ticket sales

Also going to renew ads today at:

feedzebirdz  / twitter
CoinAd.com
Anonymous Ads

also organizing facebook campaign - and looking into a way to get bitcoin newbies into the action with easy coins

dont worry we have another surge of ticket sales coming on the horizon - thanks for being patient! Smiley

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 04:08:24 PM

Time to start another push in advertising! Big CoinAD Advertisement going up today among others

3 More Days until Our Four Advertising Slots on this Forum Begin - that will be a big push

lots of tickets left

Brand new Saphire Radeon HD 7970 - win for only 1 Bitcoin!

Thanks to everyone who has participated!

Sponsored by CoinRaffle.com and BTCWebHost.com
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 01:10:44 PM

Seems you lost steam...

Looks like 56 tickets have been sold now.

So I've seen advertising for this raffle but no more ticket sales. Cablepair, what is you plan to finish out this raffle with no sales made in the last 3 days?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 02:02:23 PM

gigavps: if your concerned why not buy a ticket yourself? Smiley

We actually have sold three tickets today, also

You havent seen anything yet buddy, I am buying up advertising but it takes time. I am involved in two advertising auctions right now , one ends in 9 hours and my big one (buying four advertising slots on the forum) ends in 2 days.

I dont know why 3 days is so concerning, the terms are very simple and plain for everyone to see, theoretically this raffle could go on for 100 years but I am going to do my best to make sure that it ends as soon as possible.

I will not change the terms of the raffle, that would be wrong.

I will continue to push advertising and spend money on advertising until all the tickets are sold, if yours or any one elses expectations are that this raffle is going to only last a week or that if things slow down I am going to change the terms of the raffle you are mistaken and should not buy a ticket.

dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:55:10 AM

looks like your selling a ticket a day.. should have this wrapped up in about 8 months.. im excited!

poop!
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 02:12:45 PM

looks like your selling a ticket a day.. should have this wrapped up in about 8 months.. im excited!

I am looking for ways to speed things up, and I dont mind spending money to do so - if anyone has any advertising suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

Thanks for playing!
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 02:56:53 PM

I am looking for ways to speed things up, and I dont mind spending money to do so - if anyone has any advertising suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

Thanks for playing!

At some point you are going to spend more on advertising than receive in ticket sales. At what point does it make sense to cut your loses and call this thing done?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 03:31:39 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2012, 02:04:21 PM by cablepair

Thanks for playing!

At some point you are going to spend more on advertising than receive in ticket sales. At what point does it make sense to cut your loses and call this thing done?

I will not change the terms of the raffle,  it would be dishonest. The terms I made at the beginning of this raffle will not be changed, it would be wrong to change them for better or for worse...

People who have actually purchased tickets have been contacting me and giving me ideas on how I can better advertise and I appreciate stuff like this, I will be following through with this and please keep them coming boys I have no problem spending money if it will further this raffle, I will do what it takes to make this happen.
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 07:35:20 PM

Thanks for playing!

I will not change the terms of the raffle,  it would be dishonest. The terms I made at the beginning of this raffle will not be changed, it would be wrong to change them for better or for worse...

People who have actually purchased tickets have been contacting me and giving me ideas on how I can better advertise and I appreciate stuff like this, I will be following through with this and please keep them coming boys I have no problem spending money if it will further this raffle, I will do what it takes to make this happen.

Well, I'm not so sure about that, I would think it would be unfair to sit on people's coins forever and keep the prize, in case all tickets are not sold.
That's debatable for me, and I guess many others would agree depending on how long this is going to continue, after all BTC is about the >50%  Cheesy

For future raffles you might want to put in an end date in case that there are not all tickets sold. Of course then you have the issue of picking a winner with a sparse set of ticket numbers, that requires additional rules (like trying the next block if a match to a valid ticket number cannot be found, or re-indexing the ticket number base to have a new smaller set of sequential numbers).

Anyways, just more than 20% sold, that's better than last time I checked.

dirtycat

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:45:08 PM

So where is this going?

poop!
tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:39:36 PM

Options:

1. Add an end date.
2. Refund all btc and sell it.
3. Sell it and split the money - expenses to those who have tickets.
4. Halve the price of tickets and give every ticket holder another ticket selected at random.
5. Pay for more advertising and lose more money.
6. Do nothing.

Just ideas.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:45:05 PM

Options:

1. Add an end date.
4. Halve the price of tickets and give every ticket holder another ticket selected at random.
6. Do nothing.

Just ideas.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 07:51:53 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2012, 08:01:59 AM by Transisto

Options:

1. Add an end date.
6. Do nothing.
7. Once you've reached more than ~600$ + 60 btc worth of ticket, slowly buy the remainder and be done with it. (April 3)
8. Mine with it and share profits among those who purchased tickets.

Just ideas.
Card now worth ... ~450 $ ... going down.
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 03:07:16 PM

Options:

1. Add an end date.
6. Do nothing.
7. Once you've reached more than ~600$ + 60 btc worth of ticket, slowly buy the remainder and be done with it. (April 3)
8. Mine with it and share profits among those who purchased tickets.

Just ideas.
Card now worth ... ~450 $ ... going down.

It's not the ideal mining card anyways.

dirtycat

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:43:11 PM

well ill take my bitcoin back if refunds are gonna be sent out. 

poop!
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:48:15 PM

Cablepair, I believe this is the time for you to speak up...

wogaut
Donator

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 04:54:45 PM

So Cablepair, what will it be?

I suggest you define an end date, pick the block hash after that end date and use that method to determine a winner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77442.0
That method works even with non-continuous ticket numbers.

Otherwise I'll ask you to refund my BTC.
At this point I don't think any amount of advertising will sell all the tickets (unless you buy them yourself).

And I hope others will start to make requests to determine an end date for this and have some decision.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: