Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: winner has been decided see other thread for results  (Read 32450 times)
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 06:37:50 PM

So Cablepair, what will it be?

I suggest you define an end date, pick the block hash after that end date and use that method to determine a winner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77442.0
That method works even with non-continuous ticket numbers.

Otherwise I'll ask you to refund my BTC.
At this point I don't think any amount of advertising will sell all the tickets (unless you buy them yourself).

And I hope others will start to make requests to determine an end date for this and have some decision.

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 07:38:45 PM

So Cablepair, what will it be?

I suggest you define an end date, pick the block hash after that end date and use that method to determine a winner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77442.0
That method works even with non-continuous ticket numbers.

Otherwise I'll ask you to refund my BTC.
At this point I don't think any amount of advertising will sell all the tickets (unless you buy them yourself).

And I hope others will start to make requests to determine an end date for this and have some decision.

+1

poop!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 03:42:08 AM

LESSONS LEARNED:
1. There is a psychological barrier to giving up whole coins at a time for most, since many are just getting started and don't have a fat wallet. Sell in smaller denominations and give bulk discounts.
2. Don't make it difficult to buy multiple tickets. What if someone wanted to buy 3 tickets in this raffle? Thay would have to pick them all out individually from the list - lame.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
dirtycat

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 09:16:18 PM

The silence from the OP makes me question the authenticity of this raffle.. I think its time I ask for a refund..

poop!
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 09:19:07 PM

And the "Failure of the Year Award" goes to...
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 09:23:44 PM

The silence from the OP makes me question the authenticity of this raffle.. I think its time I ask for a refund..

+1

I would have given him the chance to end this gracefully (by setting an END DATE), but since there's no response and "do nothing" is no the "honest" option, I second this request. This raffle is dead in the water, no positive pep talk or ad campaign will change that, sorry!

jjames888

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 12:23:38 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2012, 02:31:38 AM by jjames888

I would rather he just decide a winner from the tickets purchased so far. If not that I would like a refund of 2 btc for the two tickets I purchased (1, 297).
dirtycat

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 12:31:17 AM

I already pmd and asked for a refund.. if this were your raffle wouldnt you be a little more involved in your own thread?

EDIT: and ya probably too much per ticket to have any real interest.

poop!
jjames888

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:15:59 AM

If you get a refund let us know here
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:25:48 AM

This is insane.

Why on earth would you think I would change the terms of this raffle because you are impatient?

The terms are very clear for all to see and have been the same since day one. It CLEARLY states that the raffle ends when all 300 tickets are sold.

If you feel this is not going fast enough I apologize. Maybe this is the failure of the year, maybe not - I tried this out for the first time, we have sold a few tickets over the last few days but I admit its going much slower than I thought it would.

I repeat I will not change the terms of my raffle and there is no reason why I have to. If you want this raffle to end buy more tickets and encourage others to buy them as well.

I have been on this forum for a year and I will still be here this time next year, eventually all tickets will sell and at that time the winner will be picked using the methods described since day one.

I apologize for not answering replies on this thread sooner I have a major project ramping up and have devoted nearly 100% of my time to that. I will continue to advertise this raffle and will continue to do what it takes to make it end, but I will not change the terms I will not refund any money and you are crazy for thinking you have the right to force me to do so.

In reality all this kind of talk in this thread is just scaring others away and making this raffle go even longer.

Two people have already PMd me and demanded I change the terms of this raffle and end it early. I will not do so - so please save your keystrokes.

On the other hand I encourage participants to promote the raffle and come up with ways to sell tickets. I have no problem spending coin on advertising to make this work.
dirtycat

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:26:44 AM

Quote from: dirtycat on April 29, 2012, 11:13:56 PM

Hello cablepair,

I see no end to the raffle you are hosting anytime soon.  There has been no end date established nor have I seen any increase in ticket sales.  There has also been a lack of responses to other members inquiries regarding the raffle in the thread and has made me severly doubt the authenticity of the raffle.  At this point I am asking for a refund of my bitcoin.

My transaction was on 2012-04-06 20:11:21
and the ID is:

74a000e599aff99dbf5bf0cf116697c73b054b1aa79e474ab622d2ed12cb2d21

good luck with all your future endeavors.

thanks

DC

Refund denied.

The terms were clearly stated and you understood them when you purchased a ticket. If you thought I would change the terms of the raffle you should not of purchased a ticket.

Tickets have been selling, slowly but they are still selling.

When all three hundred tickets are sold I will draw a winner using the methods described.

Good Luck!

on a side note.. I dont see anywhere stating.. "no refunds"
and I have been watching sales closely you havent sold one for a few days

poop!
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:30:36 AM

clear your cache and refresh the page tickets have been selling I sold one today and two yesterday

slow yes but they are selling. I am sorry you are not happy with the raffle but it would be more advantageous for you to promote this raffle than tear it down if you want it to end soon.
dirtycat

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:32:36 AM

clear your cache and refresh the page tickets have been selling I sold one today and two yesterday

slow yes but they are selling. I am sorry you are not happy with the raffle but it would be more advantageous for you to promote this raffle than tear it down if you want it to end soon.

Its not my raffle to promote.

Now I know I wont win.. im tearing down the raffle.. lol

poop!
jjames888

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:32:48 AM

Point taken. I think I assumed to much too quickly all the while forgetting the raffles terms.
dirtycat

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:34:13 AM

Point taken. I think I assumed to much too quickly all the while forgetting the raffles terms.

true no biggie its only 1 btc.. in 7-8 months someone is gonna be a proud owner of a 7970! lets go guys buy more!!!!

poop!
jjames888

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:38:23 AM

About 60 tickets sold. So 1/5 of all tickets sold. Maybe I will buy another.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 03:41:07 AM

thank you for the positive attitude.

and I mean what I said if anyone has a good idea on how we can promote this raffle better please let me know, I am willing to do what it takes to push this thing and make it go faster.

tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 12:19:55 PM

...if anyone has a good idea on how we can promote this raffle ...

Halving ticket price and issueing current ticket holders an additional ticket per ticket purchased wasn't a good idea?  I know you were looking to earn some money, but the advertising you bought didn't work out too well.  So you lose a few dollars and gain insight on how to better run a raffle.  Make a new one after this one is done to help cover the loss.

I am fairly sure, and you can verify this through a poll if you like, a set end date seems to be the consensus around here.  You seem to be the only one against it since it would be changing the rules.  How do you know that an end date won't increase ticket sales? If you do nothing, the raffle will never end and there you are sitting with all the ticket money.  It just doesn't look good.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:42:04 PM

thank you for the positive attitude.

and I mean what I said if anyone has a good idea on how we can promote this raffle better please let me know, I am willing to do what it takes to push this thing and make it go faster.

Cablepair,

advertising alone will not do the trick, nor will just keeping a positive attitude.
I believe in both of these 'tools', but they are not the solution.
I wish you all the best for this raffle!

To anyone else following this thread:
I have 3 raffle tickets to sell for half price.
And for the advertising part of my announcement:
This is 1) a super price 50% off, 2) it improves your chances to win (since it reduces mine by 3 tickets).
The chances for profit are likely still higher than buying defaulted debts in the lending section.
PM if interested.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 03:47:14 PM

I am just curious how you plan to transfer ownership of the tickets?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: