Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares hit #3 on CoinMarketCap  (Read 4678 times)
CLains (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:54:42 PM

The BitShares community celebrates!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yambad

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:01:46 PM

The question is how long...
puppies

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:05:32 PM

Til #2?  That might take a little while.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:08:56 PM

No. The question is how long it will keep its position.
What, do you expect Bitshares to conquer LTC? That's a bite that might be just a bit too big to take.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:10:32 PM

What, do you expect Bitshares to conquer LTC? That's a bite that might be just a bit too big to take.

I think it's very remarkable that Litecoin actually managed to keep its (imho by no means deserved) #2 position until now.

CLains (OP)

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:20:42 PM

How long? Well..

A few days ago it was challenging NXT, now it's challenging Ripple, and neither the marketing campaign nor bitAssets are launched yet..
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

Yes, the question is how long, it is in a bubble right now.

These things always happen and everytime there are people crying after the bubble pops.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:34:52 PM

How long? Well..

A few days ago it was challenging NXT, now it's challenging Ripple, and neither the marketing campaign nor bitAssets are launched yet..

Lol so it's a classic hype buy before an actual feature is implemented.

In before people realized it's just NXT's asset exchange with a few Yahoo updates and a broken collateral system.   Cheesy  Never mind all the whales who plan on dumping as soon as they realize any profit.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:44:26 PM

I think it's very remarkable that Litecoin actually managed to keep its (imho by no means deserved) #2 position until now.
Many tend to disagree on this, as you can probably read in many threads. I guess the community behind it is good and it has quite some adoption compared to most altcoins. I don't want to mention the security of the network either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:45:56 PM

Question. I haven't messed with protoshares in a long time. They turned into bitshares right? Anybody remember what the ratio was. Say 1000 protoshares, how many bitshares would that have given you?
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:49:03 PM

Many tend to disagree on this, as you can probably read in many threads. I guess the community behind it is good and it has quite some adoption compared to most altcoins. I don't want to mention the security of the network either.

I regard LTC as a relic of the past and it is a matter of time when it will face this reality. In my eyes it is remarkable how it managed to stay until now.

Feel free to disagree, feel free to believe whatever you wish. The Times They Are a-Changin'.

P.S. this is a solid post on the matter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.0
Yuzu

Activity: 368

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:52:42 PM

Question. I haven't messed with protoshares in a long time. They turned into bitshares right? Anybody remember what the ratio was. Say 1000 protoshares, how many bitshares would that have given you?

Not exactly.  Having Protoshares is one of the ways you can receive Bitshares.  They take a 'snapshot' of your wallet and award you an amount based on the number of Protoshares you have.  I don't remember what the ratio is, but I got over 5000 btsx after the last snapshot and I don't have anywhere near 1000 PTS.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:07:11 PM

Here's all the info you need: Keeping track of projects that make use of your PTS

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:09:45 PM

X500
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:17:12 PM

How long? Well..

if bitassets arent launched whats the markets thing in the wallet? (sorry im a numbskull)

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
puppies

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:23:55 PM

How long? Well..

if bitassets arent launched whats the markets thing in the wallet? (sorry im a numbskull)

the functionality is built into the wallet, but will not be turned on until we can be sure that enough users are on the correct wallet.  Launching the assets will be a hard fork, and will disconnect anyone not using the current wallet.  Current wallet is 0.4.5 get it at https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7248.0
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 10:26:06 PM

I've had 56 PTS for a long while - since they were initially released! - and missed the PTS -> X event completely.

How much money did I lose, is it too late to get any Xs, and how dumb am I?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:29:35 PM

I've had 56 PTS for a long while - since they were initially released! - and missed the PTS -> X event completely.

You simply need to import your PTS wallet into the BTS X wallet as long as you held PTS before the Feb 28 snapshot date.
puppies

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:35:56 PM

You simply need to import your PTS wallet into the BTS X wallet as long as you held PTS before the Feb 28 snapshot date.

They were on Cryptsy, where I bought them. :\

You are currently out of luck then.  Although poloniex just honored the 2-28 snapshot.  I would start talking to cryptsy.  if my rough estimate is correct you would be looking at around 30k BTSX
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 10:38:32 PM

They were on Cryptsy, where I bought them. :\

You are currently out of luck then.  Although poloniex just honored the 2-28 snapshot.  I would start talking to cryptsy.  if my rough estimate is correct you would be looking at around 30k BTSX

You mean funds on Poloniex were honored for the change?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: