Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares hit #3 on CoinMarketCap  (Read 4679 times)
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:44:38 PM

Sometimes it's worth trying something new and experimental.  If BTSX is doing something a little different and the collateral system is unique, it probably deserves a bit of attention just to see if it works as intended.  If it does, then I can see it keeping the #3 spot for a while.  From what I've read, it certainly sounds better than ripple/stellar.
puppies

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:48:28 PM

I've had 56 PTS for a long while - since they were initially released! - and missed the PTS -> X event completely.

How much money did I lose, is it too late to get any Xs, and how dumb am I?

You simply need to import your PTS wallet into the BTS X wallet as long as you held PTS before the Feb 28 snapshot date.

They were on Cryptsy, where I bought them. :\

You are currently out of luck then.  Although poloniex just honored the 2-28 snapshot.  I would start talking to cryptsy.  if my rough estimate is correct you would be looking at around 30k BTSX

You mean funds on Poloniex were honored for the change?
I didn't have any funds on poloniex so I'm not 100% sure, but from what I have heard BTSX has already been deposited into poloniex accounts that held pts on 2/28/14 proportional to their balance.  If you had pts in poloniex on 2-28 you should check your account.
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:34:56 PM

I see. So I suppose the way to go about this is to prod Cryptsy about implementing BitShares and then this will happen there as well.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
puppies

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:52:09 PM

I see. So I suppose the way to go about this is to prod Cryptsy about implementing BitShares and then this will happen there as well.

Thats what I would do.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 03:27:02 AM

The question is how long...

Til #2?  That might take a little while.

lol perfect response

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:55:17 AM

How long? Well..

A few days ago it was challenging NXT, now it's challenging Ripple, and neither the marketing campaign nor bitAssets are launched yet..

Lol so it's a classic hype buy before an actual feature is implemented.

In before people realized it's just NXT's asset exchange with a few Yahoo updates and a broken collateral system.   Cheesy  Never mind all the whales who plan on dumping as soon as they realize any profit.

Innovation ideas are copied too fast.

Rather than adding new feature into existing coin. New development team spring up to invent new coin hoping to get rich fast before the cycle repeats itself.

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:00:35 AM

Back down to 4th again. If you look at the BTSX charts it looks incredibly scary. This isn't going to end well at all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:55:12 AM

so funny how these other alts are parroting the coin market cap and other stats daily as if that really does anything...but attempt to hype.  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:00:57 AM

looks like its on the move again

Leina

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:06:29 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 02:21:54 PM by Leina

PoS market cap can be manipulated easily.

Can paint the "tape" by buying and selling to oneself on various exchange for minimal fee.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:11:46 AM

so funny how these other alts are parroting the coin market cap and other stats daily as if that really does anything...but attempt to hype.  Roll Eyes

There has to be a matrix to judge everything in life.  At least coinmarketcap shows historical pump and dumps for those educated enough to research.  Its one quick tool for due diligence.

Your posts on the other hand would score quite high in providing no usefulness.  You have been around awhile, please provide more insight and facts into posts besides straight one liner opinions.  Its ok to ask questions about things you do not understand, its how we learn.

Now back on topic.  Great to see this exposure because btsx is trying an experiment with the market pegged assets.  Have to applaud them for trying and pushing something unique.  After all even if it fails this will push people to think about 3.0 tech.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:23:51 AM

so funny how these other alts are parroting the coin market cap and other stats daily as if that really does anything...but attempt to hype.  Roll Eyes

The funny thing about Coinmarketcap are the idiots that make their investment decisions based off of it.

Ironically, you are one of the biggest supporters of the ALT coin that benefits most from these types of investors, Litecoin. It goes along with the failure of a mantra that people use to support their chosen crypto currency... that it is "too big to fail."

Doubly ironically, it is mostly Bitcoin and Litecoin supporters I see use this argument.

Triply ironically, it is funny that just about every post you make goes towards benefiting what you have invested in (Bitcoin, Monero, and Litecoin.) Take a step back, look at the big picture, forget about your own self interests for a second, and realize it is crypto currencies like Bitshares that are paving the path to the future of crypto currencies. Coins like this are important for the greater good of crypto currencies by creating, testing, and providing source code for new ideas.
Indemnified

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:18:19 AM

Back down to 4th again. If you look at the BTSX charts it looks incredibly scary. This isn't going to end well at all.

Doesn't look "back down to 4th again" on any market I look at.

As a matter of fact, IT'S HEADED FOR NUMBER 2 pretty darn fast.
puppies

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:28:07 AM

Holy shit almost 60M.  If you have not heard yet.  This is not just another clone coin. If bit assets track like I expect them to...
puppies

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:39:07 AM

Doesn't look "back down to 4th again" on any market I look at.

As a matter of fact, IT'S HEADED FOR NUMBER 2 pretty darn fast.

Capitalization growth isn't exponential.  Anyone who buys now is either brave or is new to cryptos and think they won't end up being a bagholder.  The amount of risk for investing capital right now outweighs any potential ROI.  It's great to be the guy who bought in at under 3 million capitalization but anyone who buys in now won't see any ROI commensurate with the risk involved.

By the way the asset exchange for NXT sent them to a high of $90 million in early June.

The issue here is nobody knows f*ck all who Bitshares X is.  This is purely a speculators' market by a few rich investors who are currently emptying their wallets and turning this into a ponzi scheme for rich wallets but the problem is there'll be no subsequent buyers.

We all saw the Bitshares' forum where there's 1-2 Chinese funds buying Bitshares.  Question is who'll be coming in to buy after them?  That's what I thought nobody.  It's not remotely sustainable capitalization growth and there'll be a lot of butt hurt in the coming days or weeks.

You could know all you wanted about bitshares.  The information is out there.  There are even individuals that go out of their way to make receiving that information as easy and pain free as possible.  Don't pretend that this is a new thing that just popped up.  I'm sorry if you didn't buy in when you could have. 
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:42:52 AM

These retards actually believe a ipo coin will overtake Litecoin lol.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:50:47 AM

You could know all you wanted about bitshares.  The information is out there.  There are even individuals that go out of their way to make receiving that information as easy and pain free as possible.  Don't pretend that this is a new thing that just popped up.  I'm sorry if you didn't buy in when you could have.  

Pretty much. Just ignore all the haters... WE know Bitshares has something great here with bitassets. Let the others kick themselves and cry later because they missed out. As I stated in another thread.. Bitshares certainly has gone up in value very fast, and it very well could crash back down to earth. However, that would not change the fact that bitassets are revolutionary and this is innovation at its finest.

I think buying now is still a steal and you will see a good ROI if you are looking to make a long term investment. If you are looking for short term gains.. You pretty much just have to be lucky or be in the right place at the right time. Crypto currencies are not get rich quick schemes. Purchase something you think will be valuable in the future and just hold onto it.

Btw- El dude hates on everything that isn't Bitcoin/Litecoin too.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:29:59 AM

You could know all you wanted about bitshares.  The information is out there.  There are even individuals that go out of their way to make receiving that information as easy and pain free as possible.  Don't pretend that this is a new thing that just popped up.  I'm sorry if you didn't buy in when you could have.  

Pretty much. Just ignore all the haters... WE know Bitshares has something great here with bitassets. Let the others kick themselves and cry later because they missed out. As I stated in another thread.. Bitshares certainly has gone up in value very fast, and it very well could crash back down to earth. However, that would not change the fact that bitassets are revolutionary and this is innovation at its finest.

I think buying now is still a steal and you will see a good ROI if you are looking to make a long term investment. If you are looking for short term gains.. You pretty much just have to be lucky or be in the right place at the right time. Crypto currencies are not get rich quick schemes. Purchase something you think will be valuable in the future and just hold onto it.

Btw- El dude hates on everything that isn't Bitcoin/Litecoin too.

I hate ipo coins and premines like every other person with half a brain.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:34:00 AM

I hate ipo coins and premines like every other person with half a brain.

Too bad for you. I guarantee you there will be some diamonds in the rough. Wink

They are obviously high risk investments, but sometimes with high risk comes high rewards. Grin

I suggest everyone put a large portion of their portfolio in Bitcoin and speculate with the rest on ALT coins.
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:18:36 AM

do any of you use bitshares at coinga.me?

thanks in advance
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: