Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero XMR ... Why do people fall for the shills and bullshit?  (Read 6052 times)
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:05:19 PM

Also you can stop with the litecoin bullshit.

Litecoin is not nearly as secure as Bitcoin and it has no genuine features that sets it apart from Bitcoin, it's not even worth using.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:05:35 PM

Have you tried downloading the client? Everything is clunky and slow. I'm not really big on Cryptonote, but I tried Boolberry, just to see if the problem was endemic to Cryptonote, and it isn't. Boolberry was basically one click, fast and everything worked. Using Monero gave me the perception that it was put together by incompetents. These people are holding up a pile of shit and claiming that it's gold. The community is literally full of megalomaniac delusionals. At least put some effort into usability!

I'm sorry, but what you see as the difference between "hard to use" and "easy to use" is completely nuanced. You're like a fandroid arguing that sideloading with adb is much easier in 2.3, and everyone should just use 2.3. Usability is not an overnight exercise.

Are BBR's binary builds significantly easier to use for the handful of somewhat technically capable cryptonerds on this forum? Absolutely. Why is Monero not matching those? Because we're exceedingly busy overhauling the core of Monero: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/tree/development to make room for improved usability. To wit: our next tagged release will include static compilation, but will not include a GUI.

Why? Because a good GUI is not thrown together in a vague attempt to be "first". A GUI requires pragmatism, forethought, and careful planning. Here's an example of how that process works: http://imgur.com/a/ERheR
Can't wait to try out your GUI. Based on your current client, my expectations aren't exactly high, but time will tell.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:07:18 PM

Have you tried downloading the client? Everything is clunky and slow. I'm not really big on Cryptonote, but I tried Boolberry, just to see if the problem was endemic to Cryptonote, and it isn't. Boolberry was basically one click, fast and everything worked. Using Monero gave me the perception that it was put together by incompetents. These people are holding up a pile of shit and claiming that it's gold. The community is literally full of megalomaniac delusionals. At least put some effort into usability!

I'm sorry, but what you see as the difference between "hard to use" and "easy to use" is completely nuanced. You're like a fandroid arguing that sideloading with adb is much easier in 2.3, and everyone should just use 2.3. Usability is not an overnight exercise.

Are BBR's binary builds significantly easier to use for the handful of somewhat technically capable cryptonerds on this forum? Absolutely. Why is Monero not matching those? Because we're exceedingly busy overhauling the core of Monero: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/tree/development to make room for improved usability. To wit: our next tagged release will include static compilation, but will not include a GUI.

Why? Because a good GUI is not thrown together in a vague attempt to be "first". A GUI requires pragmatism, forethought, and careful planning. Here's an example of how that process works: http://imgur.com/a/ERheR
Can't wait to try out your GUI. Based on your current client, my expectations aren't exactly high, but time will tell.

I appreciate you being willing to give it a chance:) It is some time away, but I'm sure you'll be sufficiently impressed with it when it officially launches!

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:08:20 PM

Hahaha if only thing you can do to make your coins better is attack Monero you have already fall for the bullshit
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:12:41 PM

Hahaha if only thing you can do to make your coins better is attack Monero you have already fall for the bullshit

Yes, we attack it with gusto! We learn it from you!  Cheesy

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:13:14 PM

I appreciate you being willing to give it a chance:) It is some time away, but I'm sure you'll be sufficiently impressed with it when it officially launches!

So the new GUI is good? And after that, XMR will continue to improve its market position, seeking donations or is it tweets to keep the horse plodding along?

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
CoinRocka

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:14:36 PM

I just JIMP...stoked for the eventual release.
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:16:34 PM

Also that's actually the best way to promote Monero without knowing ANYTHING about its features. Just say it's bad, looking as stupid as you can and... Bingo! Your "enemy" looks smarter without having to say anything.
kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

So the new GUI is good? And after that, XMR will continue to improve its market position, seeking donations or is it tweets to keep the horse plodding along?

Next step is hand written letters and church gatherings.

Then maybe a bake sale .. maybe we'll sell girl scout cookies!

Fuck it! Lemonade stand!

Thanks Smiley
CoinRocka

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:17:12 PM

Its as if you travelled back in time to early 2011 and started trolling bitcoin. 
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:18:57 PM

I for one prefer to see resources at this point invested in a solid foundation rather than a pretty exterior, which is why I have chosen to invest in and support Monero. A quality GUI will come in time, that is a risk I have chosen to take at this time. For those for whom a quality GUI is a must before investing, the proper course of action is to wait for the GUI to come out, review it, and then decide if to invest in and support Monero.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:21:04 PM

Honestly, you have the best attitude among anyone associated with Monero. Build something awesome, and I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong.
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:26:11 PM

Its as if you travelled back in time to early 2011 and started trolling bitcoin. 

Sarcasm is okay with me, but sarcasm fails when it uses fallacious reasoning. There is no reason to liken Monero to BTC. There has only been one BTC, and Monero is not a contender, just like DigitalCoin or HeavyCoin or Quark.

The fact that it has to be surrounded by secrecy actually puts you out of the market that BTC is reaching towards.

So the analogy was very poor.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
J1mb0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:29:54 PM

The fact that it has to be surrounded by secrecy actually puts you out of the market that BTC is reaching towards.

That's a bit deep, man. I have consumed large amounts of homebrew and Even after rereading it a few times I still cannot make sense of it.

EDIT: But it sounds profound.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:33:29 PM

Fuck me! Visual basic came out 20 years ago - where have you been, man!
What has that actually got to do with anything? Are you trying to state that it is easy to make an GUI? Yeah sure when someone else already designed the Bitcoin one and most coins just go with making some adjustments and changing the icons.
If it is that easy then go do it yourself.
This thread is just another FUD attempt it seems.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
J1mb0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:41:17 PM

Are you trying to state that it is easy to make an GUI?

Err, Yes. High school kids make GUI's all the time. It only seems to be an issue with the XMR MONERO developers. Perhaps they think that MONERO users are too stupid to type commands on a CLI.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
CoinRocka

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:44:04 PM

Sarcasm is okay with me, but sarcasm fails when it uses fallacious reasoning. There is no reason to liken Monero to BTC. There has only been one BTC, and Monero is not a contender, just like DigitalCoin or HeavyCoin or Quark.

So the analogy was very poor.

Is it not possible that the true BTC market hasn't been determined yet?  Is it not possible that we haven't even begun to grasp what a BTC even is   Cool

In 5 years someone might say "There has only been one Monero"... to rule out the possibility is asinine this early in the crypto race.
kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:44:18 PM

Err, Yes. High school kids make GUI's all the time. It only seems to be an issue with the XMR MONERO developers. Perhaps they think that MONERO users are too stupid to type commands on a CLI.

This is totally the reason I use windows! Right again J1mb0! You so smart  Cheesy

Thanks Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:44:52 PM

Have fun when you end up with stuff like this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HOFOy4gJ-Xg/UM8vczUEliI/AAAAAAAABC0/zp5ztOqG1jY/s1600/3912353392c52324_o.png
http://i.stack.imgur.com/yUyY1.png
The majority of the users of crypto are too stupid to type them or too lazy.
Hence why some are complaining.
I told you, if it's that easy then do it yourself and contribute to the project.  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
J1mb0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:48:35 PM

do it yourself and contribute to the project.  Wink

Yes! Here we have it. If the Monero shillsters and bullshitters spent a 10th of their energy in helping Monero with coding or infrastructure then we would all be happy. Instead we are here.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀