Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 2.0 ~ The Stock Market of Tomorrow  (Read 947 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:19:41 AM

I have tried to get the Bitcoin community/devs into decentralized dns, decentralized shares, new innovative ideas in general so many times. But every time they shoot down the idea.

2.0 crypto currencies like Bitshares and NXT aren't just currencies they use the technology Satoshi brought a long to do so much more. A decentralized entity were literally anything is possible.

Bitshares X and NXT are in my eyes the most innovative 2.0 cryptos along with Namecoin (maybe).

Many people are wondering why Bitcoin has been on the decline for almost a year.

I'm sorry but most people don't look to invest in just "currencies". Shares are a much more attractive thing to invest in because unlike Bitcoin they're not all speculation. If Bitcoin implemented something like a decentralized stock system I believe the price would skyrocket.

Average daily trading on the NYSE in 2013 was $169 billion. That's 25 times bigger then the entire Market cap of Bitcoin. Think about that the New York Stock Exchange trades the entire Market cap of Bitcoin multiplied by 25 DAILY.

If Bitcoin became the stock Market 2.0 similar to how it's already money 2.0 we would see another massive rise in price.

However this hindering of innovation that I have seen all to often with the leading devs of Bitcoin is why I believe something like this is not possible. That is why I am taking it upon myself to create the stock Market 2.0 and implement it in the official Bitcoin Protocol if that is the version the users decide to wish. Anyone interested is free to join in on this seeing as how in the end it is open source anyway.

However if this project is still met with distaste from the Bitcoin community I will create a separate decentralized stock system to stand on its own.

Bitcoin is already in the top 10 payment systems in the world, imagine if the same were true for stock markets.

Cryptopaths, Chief Of Police of the CPD

~Crypto Knight~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:39:03 AM

have you really read the technical manual of namecoin ? ... it's insane for a technical dude.
it's chinese language for a geek user.

lambda users allow certainly bitcoin to rise ... but not the v2.0 of other "tools".
evanito

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Your average Bitcoin/Ethereum enthusiast

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:26:07 AM

Upgrading from a currency to a stock would be a drastic turn in Bitcoin and frankly im not sure if we are ready for it.

EDIT: I realize bitcoin in its CURRENT state is basically a spendable stock, but this change is a drastic one.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:30:57 AM

I have tried to get the Bitcoin community/devs into decentralized dns, decentralized shares, new innovative ideas in general so many times. But every time they shoot down the idea.

2.0 crypto currencies like Bitshares and NXT aren't just currencies they use the technology Satoshi brought a long to do so much more. A decentralized entity were literally anything is possible.

Bitshares X and NXT are in my eyes the most innovative 2.0 cryptos along with Namecoin (maybe).

Many people are wondering why Bitcoin has been on the decline for almost a year.

I'm sorry but most people don't look to invest in just "currencies". Shares are a much more attractive thing to invest in because unlike Bitcoin they're not all speculation. If Bitcoin implemented something like a decentralized stock system I believe the price would skyrocket.

Average daily trading on the NYSE in 2013 was $169 billion. That's 25 times bigger then the entire Market cap of Bitcoin. Think about that the New York Stock Exchange trades the entire Market cap of Bitcoin multiplied by 25 DAILY.

If Bitcoin became the stock Market 2.0 similar to how it's already money 2.0 we would see another massive rise in price.

However this hindering of innovation that I have seen all to often with the leading devs of Bitcoin is why I believe something like this is not possible. That is why I am taking it upon myself to create the stock Market 2.0 and implement it in the official Bitcoin Protocol if that is the version the users decide to wish. Anyone interested is free to join in on this seeing as how in the end it is open source anyway.

However if this project is still met with distaste from the Bitcoin community I will create a separate decentralized stock system to stand on its own.

Bitcoin is already in the top 10 payment systems in the world, imagine if the same were true for stock markets.

Cryptopaths, Chief Of Police of the CPD

~Crypto Knight~

i am not so sure we want bitcoin to be like stocks. for the most part, the collective still agrees on bitcoin not changing, unless seriously needed and the majority of miners/nodes accept it. other than that, go create another altcoin and watch it go down to being worth nothing.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 01:37:06 AM

this is a gr8 idea

i don't see why you need to touch the bitcoin protocol tho, all you need is to use it.

make a system where anyone can create their own permine, fixed supply, coins ( shares ), and make it possible to trade these shares for BTC in a decentralized trustless manner, you do not need anyones permission to use the blockchain, you do not need anyone permission to innovate.

Cicero2.0

Activity: 98

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:01:13 AM

this is a gr8 idea

i don't see why you need to touch the bitcoin protocol tho, all you need is to use it.

make a system where anyone can create their own permine, fixed supply, coins ( shares ), and make it possible to trade these shares for BTC in a decentralized trustless manner, you do not need anyones permission to use the blockchain, you do not need anyone permission to innovate.

If you had the skills you could make some money designing specialty coins for this purpose. It would also democratize investing a lot more. 

SunBin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:03:56 AM

Ripple was designed with this in mind.

Many new coins like Nxt, Ethereum, NEM also have this in mind. What will stop them from spreading is government regulation.
Kayex

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:21:57 AM

Playing with Bitcoin is already kind of playing with stocks.
But it's more or less used like a currency.
It hasn't stablilized yet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: