Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:47:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry guys - i'm ready to call it - its been fun, well played.  (Read 2856 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 02:18:21 AM

What day jobs are you all looking at?

the government is hiring people, to ah, talk on forums and stuff...?

i mean we've had a lot of practice here ? 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
commandrix

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:21:23 AM

Right now, I'm looking at the "day job" of going to Mars. But do tell me more about this forum thing.
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 02:28:25 AM

I defined and knew about the "use/collapse" paradox a while ago but i defined it here generally :

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/why-the-bitcoin-price-really-needs-bad-news/

however today i'll go further   -:

Bitcoin now has a duel pressure, the loss of monopoly and the "Use/Collapse" paradox.

The Loss of Monopoly:

I think that enough time has passed that there is well developed (and growing) ASIC infrastructure in China - this is in effect causing a difficulty "nuclear arms race"

but its also causing the key loss of monopoly that allowed for the huge inital pump and exuberance.

so this time (and ever expanding into the future) there would be needed many multiples larger capital for the push up and many multiples larger "confidence" to hold it.

With the key loss of monopoly this could just in effect give competing miners an opportunity to cash in.

The Use /Collapse Paradox  

generally defined in the document - but multiplied by the loss of monopoly and this explains, i believe,  why the volume has evaporated.

because the loss of monopoly means that less "use" can drop the price.

thanks for reading, have fun.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 02:29:43 AM

Right now, I'm looking at the "day job" of going to Mars. But do tell me more about this forum thing.

what you mean from Kitkat?

well it would be similar work - i assume packaging and boxes are very similar...

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
DDuckworth

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:55:45 AM

I wish I had an idea of what you are talking about, are you looking for a writers job? There are a few of them out there - especially in the adult field.

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:58:46 AM

You sold your stash in the low $400's? dont worry its coming back
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:05:27 AM

Sure, go where the action is in life. But remember the guy who paid 10,000 bitcoins for a pizza way back. How many pizzas can you buy for one bitcoin, now?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
irsa smith

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:32:09 AM

U are really bright!

counter

Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:20:36 PM

So you fell for the bear trap, did you read a falling thread or something..?   Grin
Don't worry man it's not to late to get back in I think the market will begin to restabalize after a few weeks has passed.  So there is time to swallow your pride and buy back at a loss .   Grin
DRK

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:37:33 PM

It can only go up from here... now is not the time to sell stock.
clovex

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:56:19 PM

Did you dump your Quark yet?  Roll Eyes
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 07:24:55 PM

So you fell for the bear trap, did you read a falling thread or something..?   Grin
Don't worry man it's not to late to get back in I think the market will begin to restabalize after a few weeks has passed.  So there is time to swallow your pride and buy back at a loss .   Grin

I follow my own advice and never hold something that has no real market price, i always converted to a stable crypto  (its worked out quite well so far) :

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 07:28:26 PM

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/what-would-a-crypto-currency-collapse-look-like/

^^
Tell me if you see anything you recognize.

only hope is to retain monopoly , and even then you are going to have holographic "use/collapse" ridiculousness.

the "Bait and Switch" to "derivatives" sunk like a stone.

so what's the game plan?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 07:42:55 PM

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/what-would-a-crypto-currency-collapse-look-like/

^^
Tell me if you see anything you recognize.

only hope is to retain monopoly , and even then you are going to have holographic "use/collapse" ridiculousness.

the "Bait and Switch" to "derivatives" sunk like a stone.

so what's the game plan?
Let's all melt our BTC holdings into Quark, since OP is clearly a genius prophet!  Roll Eyes

Forgive me, Quark man, but I can't take advice from any person who believed an altcoin would be a worthwhile investment long term.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:37:02 PM

I follow my own advice and never hold something that has no real market price, i always converted to a stable crypto  (its worked out quite well so far) :

This is some horrible advice.
Quark isn't stable but an inflationary currency which have been steadily losing value and costs more electricity to mine than the value of the coins.

For every 25 pennies of quark that you mine you will consume an average of 1.32 in electricity.

Quark isn't is as volatile or more so than Bitcoin as well when you look at the daily price swings.

bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:17:16 PM

Don't get what you mean. Are you giving up on BTC and digital currencies altogether? Is because you sold out too early? We are in the infancy stages of Bitcoin, its going to have many ups and downs. So, while the trading may be slim today or the near future, who knows whats going to happen 6 months from now. There are other asic guys coming to the scene to give the china guys a run. But I agree, I think the big miners have been dumping because they have huge costs..

Hang in there, It will be okay in the end. Rebuy, even if its at a loss, or buy in a little now, and wait to see if it goes lower and buy on the way down or up..
counter

Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:24:12 PM

I follow my own advice and never hold something that has no real market price, i always converted to a stable crypto  (its worked out quite well so far) :

I wish you the best of luck with that and hope it works out.  I for one think their is no reason to sell at this time.  When the price was over 600 sure but not now.  I think I understand your reasoning to buying quark but I was more talking about getting out of Bitcoin for good.  I didn't think you meant as a way to avoid a loss of profit, that is how I interpreted your post anyway so feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.  
SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:30:01 PM

I was just thinking it is time to buy more. hahaha

Often times smart people just need to wait and let the rest of the world catch up.  The rest of the world is so dam slow that smart people will second guess themselves.  Put in, hold, and become rich.  

On the flip side, smart people are often the last person off of a sinking ship that they just knew wasn't going to sink. 

NEM
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:19:35 PM

I wish you the best of luck with that and hope it works out.  I for one think their is no reason to sell at this time.  When the price was over 600 sure but not now.  I think I understand your reasoning to buying quark but I was more talking about getting out of Bitcoin for good.  I didn't think you meant as a way to avoid a loss of profit, that is how I interpreted your post anyway so feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.  

No worries , the details are best explained in that blog link.

I've only ever made a profit , the problem is (of course)  Bitcoin is a microcosm of all its clones.

Its just that its monopoly was better held, but i don't think it can be held.

So I'm saying the illusory market can not be faked for much longer.

This means likely valuation collapse and reorganization, however that whole process is complicated by centralized mining.

Don't take it personally its just a failed design.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:29:04 PM

Don't get what you mean. Are you giving up on BTC and digital currencies altogether? Is because you sold out too early? We are in the infancy stages of Bitcoin, its going to have many ups and downs. So, while the trading may be slim today or the near future, who knows whats going to happen 6 months from now. There are other asic guys coming to the scene to give the china guys a run. But I agree, I think the big miners have been dumping because they have huge costs..

Hang in there, It will be okay in the end. Rebuy, even if its at a loss, or buy in a little now, and wait to see if it goes lower and buy on the way down or up..

Hence the flaw , the mining monopoly stand off.

That's a system heading for terminal concentration and collapse.

Again its not about "hope" or "faith" its about math and fact.

The "confidence" aspect of any human energy token is derived in part though their faith in its structure.

To this degree Bitcoin has a very low rating, the reasons are many.

But at the core its a basic design flaw, centered around the misunderstood "real life" sociological parameters outside the NSA
 white paper and or other papers.

Here is where other designs have replaced those parameters, and are continuing to evolve. 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: