Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:40:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When in StorJ launching?  (Read 1065 times)
Wulfcastle (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:22:06 AM

Hey all

Just checking if there are any StorJ investors out there that know when Storj is launching, I'm thinking about buying some Storjcoin X on Poloniex, but I can't seem to find anywhere when its launch date is.
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:23:05 AM

Yea I'd like to know when the actual service is being launched, not some damn coin. I want driveshare!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:23:42 AM

It's already being listed on coinmarketcap.  Not sure what is being listed but there's a coin with that name.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Wulfcastle (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:29:34 AM

It's already being listed on coinmarketcap.  Not sure what is being listed but there's a coin with that name.

The coin listed on Coinmarketcap is only the pre-sale token. Same with MaidSafeCoin.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:36:39 AM

Let's get a good Storj versus Maidsafe versus Metadisk versus DriveMiner conversation going.

I am interested in what the differences are and the pros/cons of each.

Is there anyone that has looked closely at all of these and formed an opinion?
Wulfcastle (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:39:25 AM

Let's get a good Storj versus Maidsafe versus Metadisk versus DriveMiner conversation going.

Check here : http://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=1266.msg1464#msg1464

And Here : https://maidsafe.org/t/what-is-storj/768/16

Storj is basically a front end for P2P storage, whereas MaidSafe is everything else and beyond. In my honest opinion the the two don't compare, Storj's only advantage is a better designed UI.

P.S. : MetaDisk & DriveMiner are both part of Storj Tongue
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:40:46 AM

Aren't they all the same? I think 3/4 of them are all the same company, maidsafe is different lol. I can't wait till they get out of beta so I can try it out.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:49:11 AM

Check here : http://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=1266.msg1464#msg1464

And Here : https://maidsafe.org/t/what-is-storj/768/16

Storj is basically a front end for P2P storage, whereas MaidSafe is everything else and beyond. In my honest opinion the the two don't compare, Storj's only advantage is a better designed UI.

P.S. : MetaDisk & DriveMiner are both part of Storj Tongue

Thanks for the links. I am going to read up on that tonight. Smiley

Ya I realized Metadisk/DriveMiner were using the Storj network, but I haven't done any research on them to see what they each are planning and how they are different or if they are competing. At first glance it seems Storj wants to work with Maidsafe, so I guess it's all one big happy family of decentralized storage coins. I think that is great.. Cooperation can only lead to a better product!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:49:39 AM

Aren't they all the same? I think 3/4 of them are all the same company, maidsafe is different lol. I can't wait till they get out of beta so I can try it out.

Yes it seems so
mthompson362

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:54:50 AM

Hey everybody, Matt from Storj here.

To answer some questions:

1) Storjcoin X (SJCX), the token transacted of the Storj network, has been released. Metadisk, our file sharing application, has also been in open beta for some time now and can be found at node1.metadisk.org. DriveShare, our application that allows you to rent out your hard drive to the network, has a majority of its libraries completed so we should see a working prototype soon. You can see our progress at github.com/storj and get daily updates on different aspects of the project on our forums (storjtalk.org) and our Twitter (twitter.com/storjproject).

2) Metadisk and DriveShare (previously DriveMiner) are two applications on the Storj network. While MaidSafe is a completely different project, Storj and MaidSafe are trying to solve the same thing but in different ways. That being said, our team and the guys over at MaidSafe have talked and traded ideas and so on and there should even be some integration between the two at some point.

3) Storj is not just frontend - this seems to be a misconception. While we do do frontend, the Storj platform also facilitates the creation of decentralized applications on top of the it - which we have already begun to see demos for.
Wulfcastle (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:02:06 AM

1) Storjcoin X (SJCX), the token transacted of the Storj network, has been released. Metadisk, our file sharing application, has also been in open beta for some time now and can be found at node1.metadisk.org. DriveShare, our application that allows you to rent out your hard drive to the network, has a majority of its libraries completed so we should see a working prototype soon. You can see our progress at github.com/storj and get daily updates on different aspects of the project on our forums (storjtalk.org) and our Twitter (twitter.com/storjproject).

2) Metadisk and DriveShare (previously DriveMiner) are two applications on the Storj network. While MaidSafe is a completely different project, Storj and MaidSafe are trying to solve the same thing but in different ways. That being said, our team and the guys over at MaidSafe have talked and traded ideas and so on and there should even be some integration between the two at some point.

3) Storj is not just frontend - this seems to be a misconception. While we do do frontend, the Storj platform also facilitates the creation of decentralized applications on top of the it - which we have already begun to see demos for.

So the question that begs to be asked, is when is Storj going to launch. Is there any deadline at all?
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:07:08 AM

So the question that begs to be asked, is when is Storj going to launch. Is there any deadline at all?
As is with just about any other cryptocurrency project (or technology projects in general really), it's impossible to set a hard date for something - especially one that has already taken a long time to get to where we are. Of course, DriveShare won't be released months and months and months from now, but we can't stress that these kinds of things do take time. We understand people want a set date for it being released, but it's literally impossible to set one.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:19:10 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I also just read the links provided earlier ITT and now have a better understanding of what you guys are trying to do.

I am pretty excited about decentralized data storage and it's capabilities. Good luck !!
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:25:09 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I also just read the links provided earlier ITT and now have a better understanding of what you guys are trying to do.

I am pretty excited about decentralized data storage and it's capabilities. Good luck !!
We appreciate the support - it is what keeps us going! Smiley
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:30:58 AM

We appreciate the support - it is what keeps us going! Smiley

Sure, no problem. I will have to come join your forums and offer my 2cents every now and then. There are so many awesome Crypto projects going on it is hard to keep up with them all, but decentralized data storage is one of the more important ones IMO. I am interested in decentralizing everything that can possibly be decentralized, so naturally I support data storage decentralization as it makes many other cool things possible.
amy4to

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:01:38 AM

don't need to worry about this coin.this coin has dead.pathetic.
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:48:28 AM

They has sent me around 1000 emails I have finally decided to move them to spam... I don't know why will they need to send around 2 emails per day.
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:44:23 AM

They has sent me around 1000 emails I have finally decided to move them to spam... I don't know why will they need to send around 2 emails per day.
We don't. We send maybe 2 or 3 emails a week.

don't need to worry about this coin.this coin has dead.pathetic.
We're wondering - what makes you think this? Cheers. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: