Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:52:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Macbook pro 2012, various company surplus (monitors, routers, Xilinx dev boards)  (Read 1049 times)
glassking (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:33:34 AM

Hi all,

I have to move soon and finally had it with ebay. HATE them.

So I would like to try to get into bitcoin. I have surplus from my last startup. I will list it now and if there is interest I will add photos etc. Ask whatever questions you like I am a open book.

First macbook pro retina mid 2012 (4 btc) with integrated and discrete graphics. This unit has been in storage, like new, 20 charge cycles on the battery. We had a few of these for our startup. This particular one has a bad memory address during the diagnostic, but never crashes and works fine. I'm using it now.

I have a HP ZR30W 30 inch IPS LCD screen (1.3btc) with a small fault. When working over the display port the screen doesnt wake up when it should say 1/4 of the time. Its a known defect that effected about one in three of these monitors at one point. You can either set your screen to not sleep or use the dual link dvi port. It also has one dead pixel. Otherwise its a great great monitor for CAD.

I also have a SUN 20.1 inch monitor (0.2btc) (rebranded NEC IPS very nice, broken stand), a 802.11ac router (0.12btc)A2400NS, two Anker USB 3.0 hubs (0.12 each), and a Xilinx ML605 board NIB (3btc).

Let me know what you think and if I can even post this then I will add details and photos etc.

Things to note, nope I won't use escrow. I just dont trust the escrow people. But you can call me and verify whatever you need. Its my first shot at this stuff so please dont be harsh Smiley

Best, Thom
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:41:08 AM

Your prices are really high for used gear. Why pay 4BTC for a 2 1/2 year old macbook when you can buy a new one for $800 less than that, or an upgraded one for the same price. Your price on the HP ZR30W 30 inch IPS LCD screen is more reasonable, as your asking ~50% of retail.

Goodluck selling!

Also, since your a newbie, you either have to send first or use an escrow. You can't expect users with quite a bit more trust than you to go first  Wink
glassking (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:48:37 AM

Sorry its a 15 inch macbook pro with the discrete graphics option, cost $2800 and storaged until last month. Brand new. So thats why the price.... plus bitcoin seems a bit volatile right now.

I wish I could be that trusting but I just cant. Still this unit is just going to collect dust, it deserves to be used so maybe i will find someone trusting enough. Its probably going to collect dust Smiley

The trust thing is a huge problem actually. It reminds me of the early paypal days. And back then I took a couple of huge losses. Not going to happen again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: