Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Free] BitcoinDice 1.0 Open Source Dice Game - Clean Script  (Read 2000 times)
Vexica (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:08:23 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 09:36:11 PM by Vexica

Hi Everybody,

I am Vexica, I work as an assistant PHP Dev for a small publication company and have over 7 years experience in PHP.

I have been asked to take down my "clean" version of the script so instead I will help people fix their versions

If anyone needs help fixing up https://github.com/felinegambler/BitcoinDice please let me know and I will help you

my email is vexica1987@gmail.com

for all this all I ask for in return is some donations for the work i'm putting into it.

You can send donations to 1GyrysfszfzoqsRYP2V5NwWqEgk99Tn4Ko

About the newbie status (as some people would rightly be concerned)

I very rarely visit bitcointalk thats why I never had an account until today, infact I heard about this scam script through a friend on IRC and thought "maybe I could help", So here I am and i'm staying! Smiley

P.S. and before I received any more private messages asking me "are you female?"..... Yes I Am  Roll Eyes
wpstudio

Activity: 660
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:28:11 PM

So you think its a great idea to simply give away the CoinDice script?Huh  This isn't your code and its not open source.  So why are you giving away code that is not your code to give?
Vexica (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:33:01 PM

So you think its a great idea to simply give away the CoinDice script?Huh  This isn't your code and its not open source.  So why are you giving away code that is not your code to give?

What do you mean?

According to https://github.com/felinegambler/BitcoinDice

BitcoinDice is a popular Bitcoin Dice game, BitcoinDice is free to use and distribute.

I am simply fixing it for release and ensuring there is no backdoors or malicious code inside, I have not released CoinDice code at all, ive re-released BitcoinDice code.
wpstudio

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:24:51 PM

That original scammer simply uploaded a hacked version of CoinDice.  See -> https://www.cointoli.com/

So you are contributing to the distribution of software that is NOT open source.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:33:15 PM

Already opening a second account? Weren't you trying to advertise your scam script yesterday.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:58:03 PM

Do not call anyone a scammer until it's proven.
Thank you for contributing.

Will check the script for flaws.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Vexica (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:58:26 PM

Already opening a second account? Weren't you trying to advertise your scam script yesterday.

sorry?
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:04:39 PM

sorry?

It's okay I forgive you  Roll Eyes
wpstudio

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 07:56:53 PM

No need to "check the script for flaws"...  It is illegally distributed code.  Maybe read a little more before jumping to the defense of something.
Vexica (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

No need to "check the script for flaws"...  It is illegally distributed code.  Maybe read a little more before jumping to the defense of something.

LOL, Illegally, I wouldn't go that far. Once I have been prosecuted I will take the code offline Smiley happy?

it looks like this code is distributed a few places around github (https://github.com/colinkelly/coinDice), I'm only fixing the code that was distributed freely, I did not distribute the code, go to the other thread and complain to theospaul.
wpstudio

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 09:19:45 PM

So you are NOT distributing the code by putting it on your github account?  I'm confused.
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 09:20:57 PM

LOL, Illegally, I wouldn't go that far. Once I have been prosecuted I will take the code offline Smiley happy?

it looks like this code is distributed a few places around github (https://github.com/colinkelly/coinDice), I'm only fixing the code that was distributed freely, I did not distribute the code, go to the other thread and complain to theospaul.

In most countries, copyright infringement is illegal. There are plenty of people who do it anyways... as you are doing, and you're even going a step further. Your asking for donations sent to you for somebody else's code!

I did not distribute the code
You are distributing the code, the fact that others have done so does not make your actions any more ethical.

I'm all for open-source software, but it's the original author's right to decide how they want to distribute their software. What you're doing is either woefully misguided, or intentionally malicious. Which is it?
Vexica (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:26:29 PM

In most countries, copyright infringement is illegal. There are plenty of people who do it anyways... as you are doing, and you're even going a step further. Your asking for donations sent to you for somebody else's code!

I did not distribute the code
You are distributing the code, the fact that others have done so does not make your actions any more ethical.

I'm all for open-source software, but it's the original author's right to decide how they want to distribute their software. What you're doing is either woefully misguided, or intentionally malicious. Which is it?

Okay, Fair enough, Ive removed it from github for the sake of you guys whining.

If anyone needs help fixing up https://github.com/felinegambler/BitcoinDice please let me know and I will help you

btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 09:41:39 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 10:36:36 PM by btchris

(original quote is below before it was edited...)

Or maybe im just fixing up the code that was distributed yesterday? There are so many copies of this about, who do we know who the actual author is?

I don't begrudge you the fixing up of code, after all that's part of what open source software is all about.

But a single Google search will clearly show who the original author is, and will leave no doubt that the original author is not choosing to distribute the code as open source. There's no excuse for intentionally burying your head in the sand (as it seems you're doing, but maybe you're simply unaware that this is not open source software?)

Okay, Fair enough, Ive removed it from github for the sake of you guys whining.

It's not a matter of whining, it's a matter of supporting individuals who try to write code for a living. I may not want anything to do with gambling sites, but I certainly support the right of developers to write and sell software. If you choose to undermine that... well that's your choice, I doubt the copyright police will come knocking down your door anytime soon. But if you're doing it willingly and with full knowledge of what you're doing, then you're little better than scammers such as Theospaul.

Edited to add: sorry if this came off as a personal attack... Theospaul is certainly scum, and it's unfair to group you in with that character. Hopefully your original posting of this code up on GitHub was just an honest mistake.
johny1976
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1002

Developer

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

Originaly this script is named CoinDice and you guys (you and the guy who opened it before you and filled with exploits) have stolen it from me. It's CoinDice version 1 and current version is 3.3. See my signature.

Please stop distributing my script as yours
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:18:57 PM

How can you make a bitcoind? I have a hosted website from namecheap, hoping for help

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
johny1976
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1002

Developer

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:54:28 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 01:28:45 PM by johny1976

How can you make a bitcoind? I have a hosted website from namecheap, hoping for help

Please buy from official source. This copy may be flawed. We guarantee lifetime support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: