Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:40:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 2.0  (Read 4258 times)
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:34:08 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 is quite different from 'altcoins'. Shouldn't this forum have a category 'Bitcoin 2.0' for all those projects?  It is VERY hard to find posts related to the Bitcoin 2.0 concept as they forever lost in the trash that is 'Altcoins'.  What gives? 

C'mon Theymos - organize the site in a way which is most useful to the readers.  Maybe the management here has something against Bitcoin 2.0 world?  Weird.
Wealthy

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:40:27 PM

What is BTC 2.0? Can you link me to article/thread?
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:42:39 PM

Nxt coin, master coin, ethereum, swarm etc.

And yes it is not fair to categorize these as 'alt coins'.  They are so much more than that
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:43:33 PM

The altcoin section has been a wasteland ever since dogecoin came out and all the alts that followed that.

It's a place where not many are there to bring innovation and new technology, it's mostly a place of who scams who.

We should really get some restrictions in that section, clean it up a little bit. Basically anyone can make a new thread with a shit coin they made in 2 hours.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:43:43 PM

There is no Bitcoin 2.0 what are you talking about?
Do you mean '2nd gen. coins'?
Also the forum is pretty organized now, it was worse in the past.

And yes it is not fair to categorize these as 'alt coins'.  They are so much more than that
They do not deserve anything. An altcoin is and stays an altcoin.
Also this is the wrong section if we're discussing the forum.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4533

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

bitcoin 2.0 is a fabrication

its simply an altcoin or group of altcoins that is simply trying to steal the fame of bitcoin by attempting to make these altcoins sound like they are the new versions of bitcoin.

they are not.

this is why bitcoin 2.0 does not have a subsection of its own, because all alternative variations of crypto-coins belong in the altcoin section. if any altcoin is deemed to hold any chance of a success, then they will make their own .org websites/forums and form their own dev teams and infrastructure.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:44:40 PM

There is no Bitcoin 2.0 what are you talking about?
Do you mean '2nd gen. coins'?
Also the forum is pretty organized now, it was worse in the past.

It is? I haven't dared to check that section in a couple of months, maybe I should go back for a bit. Smiley
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:44:53 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 is not Bitcoin, so they belong to Alternate cryptocurrencies board.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wealthy

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:46:02 PM

Ah, another altcoin with a strange name. It won't stand well imo.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:52:09 PM

Perhaps its because people don't want anything to do with alt-coins? I know I don't.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:55:07 PM

None of the alts in the alt trash can, including those alts, deserve to be called "Bitcoin 2.0"

They will all be totally wiped out by the first coin to implement Peter R's great idea in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563925.0

The first coin to implement the initial coin distribution idea described in that thread will be the first coin that might deserve the designation "Bitcoin 2.0", but only if it is actually better than Bitcoin 1.0 in a market defining way.

Until then let's keep all the alts in their own cess pool sub forum so they are easy to ignore.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:57:24 PM

If anything Bitcoin 2 is the biggest scam trying to steal off the fame notority of bitcoin and confuse new comers, it should stay an altcoin until it finally sinks and dies with the other scamcoins. (All altcoins are not scams)
Indeed, Etherum is the perfect example. I always felt like those people were just after the money. After all it's still only a concept nothing more.
Perhaps its because people don't want anything to do with alt-coins? I know I don't.
You're right many do not want to be touching that, especially not after so many scams (and because of the current one *waves to IPO coins*).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
onealfa

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:17:49 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 is not Bitcoin, so they belong to Alternate cryptocurrencies board.

True true true

asganauei

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:18:32 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 doesn't exist yet, there are several altcoins which can take btc slot in the future but not today.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:21:07 PM

You can call any altcoin Bitcoin 2.0.
That dosent mean it's a bitcoin. It's still an altcoin
MÖGUL™

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:29:07 PM

How can you guys talk smack about Altcoins... They are great contrast to Bitcoins, I think without them Bitcoins wouldn't be as popular as it is today.

“Altcoins offer ways to gain exposure to different segments of the crypto-universe. Darkcoin is a brilliant coin that addresses a real need. As I said before, the market as a whole is set for 100x growth so there is plenty of upside.” -Max Keiser

Just because some of you guys traded in shitcoins and lost money, you have a negative view on them altcoins now. Look at what Nxt coin and ethereum are doing now. Besides being able to trade different coins is a great way of making money and investing in particular altcoins in the future. If you believe in Bitcoins and want it to progress, dont knock altcoins... Support it and be part of the ever growing community!

BTC The Future!
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:32:50 PM

How can you guys talk smack about Altcoins... They are great contrast to Bitcoins, I think without them Bitcoins wouldn't be as popular as it is today.

“Altcoins offer ways to gain exposure to different segments of the crypto-universe. Darkcoin is a brilliant coin that addresses a real need. As I said before, the market as a whole is set for 100x growth so there is plenty of upside.” -Max Keiser

Just because some of you guys traded in shitcoins and lost money, you have a negative view on them altcoins now. Look at what Nxt coin and ethereum are doing now. Besides being able to trade different coins is a great way of making money and investing in particular altcoins in the future. If you believe in Bitcoins and want it to progress, dont knock altcoins... Support it and be part of the ever growing community!

BTC The Future!

I didnt loose money on altcoins. I made money on it. That dosent change the fact that calling a coin Bitcoin 2.0 makes it any diffrent from any other altcoin
Aemon

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:32:59 PM

Sounds pretty cool...so will this be a completely different thing from bit coin or will it be an extension?  

I wouldn't mind getting in on a game early for a change!
onealfa

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:36:07 PM

You can call any altcoin Bitcoin 2.0.
That dosent mean it's a bitcoin. It's still an altcoin

Any ?  Not at all!

Some are so clear comin' just to scam ppl, while there are others with a huge innovations and potention

Fearless

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Wow, the owner couldn't find a better name? BTC 1.0/original will be the best always..

I suspect this coin will crash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: