Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:45:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4/5 of BiTshares volume from China  (Read 2099 times)
TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

Chineese folks have between 3/4 and 4/5 of entire daily volume, so you can expect small price hiccups during their night time.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7325.0

Because this is sustainable, right?  After all the Chinese loved Bitcoin in December and yet... wait..

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:54:10 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 12:32:42 AM by instacash

What do you expect? It's natural to see actual innovative technology climbing up the market cap ladder as well as investors and speculators jumping in or did you expect an eternal era of "yet another altcoin"?

I'm not sure whether you have looked into the technology yet, it is pretty cool and promising. I'm glad there's great innovation after all. Why not put in a little effort to understand what you're dealing with here. The volume and price is one thing, the technology another. Look into the latter, it's interesting.

P.S. BitShares does actually have a thriving Chinese community.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:59:28 PM

Got sources, or is this just speculation?

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
instacalm

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:00:15 PM

One can always check the markets on cmc:  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:02:45 PM

One can always check the markets on cmc:  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets

That answers that question, then.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
TaunSew (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:20:06 PM

Aren't they the ones who tend to create fake volume? I wouldn't believe them anyways.
Also that's an altcoin I guess so.

Yes.  It has been "alleged" (there may be evidence somewhere going back page 30+) that the Chinese exchanges engage in fractional reserves and can create fake volume out of thin air.  That isn't me who has been spreading those rumours - those rumours have persisted on BTT for awhile and it's likely been proven several times over but the answer is likely buried somewhere in the backpages.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets

Take away the Chinese exchanges and there isn't really any much volume to BiTshares.  The same is true for NXT where maybe only $13K~ish is non-Chinese exchanges.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
spicyitalian420

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:37:33 PM

http://media.coindesk.com/2014/03/bitcoin-meme-2.jpg
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:45:45 PM

As I posted in his other thread..

4/5+ of biTshares' volume comes from Chinese exchanges. 

Actually it's less than that if we look at top 5 (Poloniex is only $14K versus $2+ million).  Practically all the Bitshare trading is done on Chinese exchanges which are alleged to engage in manipulation.

How Big is the NXT Chinese community on your forums?
Maybe you should look at ours...
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=4.0

Btc38 also has an English site, so I've traded on there myself, including BTSX/CNY because of volumes.

You NXT guys are awesome Smiley
solaaire

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:44:38 PM

One can always check the markets on cmc:  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets

That answers that question, then.

For what its worth, the Chinese community is extremely active on the Bitshares forums. Many folks from that side of the globe have played an absolutely critical role in every single aspect of BitShares X, from software development to securing the network. Their contribution has been massive and the amount of e-collaboration involved in this project has been staggering. This is the type of project that makes the internet so fucking rad people!

It blows my mind that you're writing off China's contribution to the crypto ecosystem, TuanSew - I think the entire ecosystem would be years behind without their market support. Bring on the volume China, we're glad to have you.
Tradingriver

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:50:45 PM

Aren't they the ones who tend to create fake volume? I wouldn't believe them anyways.
Also that's an altcoin I guess so.

Yes.  It has been "alleged" (there may be evidence somewhere going back page 30+) that the Chinese exchanges engage in fractional reserves and can create fake volume out of thin air.  That isn't me who has been spreading those rumours - those rumours have persisted on BTT for awhile and it's likely been proven several times over but the answer is likely buried somewhere in the backpages.

Take away the Chinese exchanges and there isn't really any much volume to BiTshares.  The same is true for NXT where maybe only $13K~ish is non-Chinese exchanges.

so what? i am happy that the chinese community is huge in BTSX as it is. maybe they read more about the technology then some other people.
cryptnutter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:31:20 AM

I have to say that number is higher than I expected. 50, 60% sure but 80% is almost all of it.

A lot of NXT goes to the Chinese as well. What can you say, other than that they love to speculate on new cryptocurrencies  Smiley

TaunSew (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:34:53 AM

I have to say that number is higher than I expected. 50, 60% sure but 80% is almost all of it.

A lot of NXT goes to the Chinese as well. What can you say, other than that they love to speculate on new cryptocurrencies  Smiley

That's just 80% for the Yaun-BTSx.  They take up another 18% or so with BTC trades (which fair enough some of those people could be American or European).

The biggest non-Chinese exchange only does like 1% of overall volume being Poloniex.

So yeah 80% - 99% of buyers are Chinese

instacalm

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:38:46 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 12:51:13 AM by instacash

A lot of NXT goes to the Chinese as well. What can you say, other than that they love to speculate on new cryptocurrencies  Smiley

That's just 80% for the Yaun-BTSx.  They take up another 18% or so with BTC trades (which fair enough some of those people could be American or European).

The biggest non-Chinese exchange only does like 1% of overall volume being Poloniex.

I'm European and I rarely trade at Poloniex but rather often on BTER and BTC38, not with 元 though, indeed. I have a background in East Asia but I know countless Westeners who happen to trade at BTER. Anyhow you're definitely right in that BTSX/CNY volume has been remarkable these days, massive buy support indeed.
TaunSew (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:50:55 AM

I'm European and I rarely trade at Poloniex but rather often on BTER and BTC38, not 元 though. I have a background in East Asia but I know countless Westeners who trade at BTER for instance.

Yuan is 80% of the volume.    Are you suggesting nobody has BTC in China?   If that much Yuan is going into it then it's safe to say almost all that BTC is Chinese as well due to demand.  Sure there's no restriction on who can use the Chinese exchanges but the demand indicates it's primarily people in China driving the speculation buy.

This is echoing Bitcoin where the Chinese came rushing in all at once throwing in huge sums.  A lot of that money came from funds and margin trading.  What was the end result?  An epic pump to $1200 and then a slow crash down to $500.

It seems like the Chinese are starting to learn about alternates and are pulling the same trick with BitsharesX.  Who pumps $2 million into a coin overnight before bitAsset even comes online?  That's the same pump technique that people were using when targeting Doge for several months and maybe that explained NXT's pump back in May-June.

You really think it's everybody in Shanghai and their Grandmother buying BitsharesX?  Probably not, this is a pump likely being done by a few private funds and other organized groups.  

instacalm

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:00:06 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 01:25:10 AM by instacash

This is echoing Bitcoin where the Chinese came rushing in all at once throwing in huge sums.  A lot of that money came from funds and margin trading.  What was the end result?  An epic pump to $1200 and then a slow crash down to $500.
  It seems like the Chinese are starting to learn about alternates and are pulling the same trick with BitsharesX.  Who pumps $2 million into a coin overnight before bitAsset even comes online?  That's the same pump technique that people were using when targeting Doge for several months and maybe that explained NXT's pump back in May-June.
  You really think it's everybody in Shanghai and their Grandmother buying BitsharesX?  Probably not, this is a pump likely being done by a few private funds and other organized groups.

I don't know and neither do you, this is the realm of speculation indeed. I know that Chinese investors are smart. A market correction could definitely be around the corner or it might as well grow further, the market seems to be pretty stable so far above the $50M cap despite the massive growth. BitShares technology undoubtedly has great potential, the question is when to acquire one's position. Freedom of choice.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:02:54 AM

Hey someone's has gotta be Chinese.. it might as well be them.. they are good at it after all LOL

don't be such a jealous round eye infidel

edit:
@instacash
speculation IS fact at bitcointalk.. didn't you know that ? hahahah

FUD first & ask questions later™
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:50:15 AM

Poloniex only started BTSX last week that's why Smiley
So while yes, it is mostly Chinese, the West trades on bter & BTC38 English still and often CNY for volume.

They were helping drive Bitcoin yes until .gov introduced restrictions which is what stopped that.
The Chinese support BitShares as a whole enjoys is with those restrictions already in place Smiley
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:40:06 AM

I'm European and I rarely trade at Poloniex but rather often on BTER and BTC38, not 元 though. I have a background in East Asia but I know countless Westeners who trade at BTER for instance.

Yuan is 80% of the volume.    Are you suggesting nobody has BTC in China?   If that much Yuan is going into it then it's safe to say almost all that BTC is Chinese as well due to demand.  Sure there's no restriction on who can use the Chinese exchanges but the demand indicates it's primarily people in China driving the speculation buy.

$500 is still 50x more than $10, the price Bitcoin was at before Chinese money came into the scene en masse.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
jacksonwill

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:25:33 PM

Why BTSX so overrated and overpriced? Is this an exceptionally pump and dump? Or really very promising technology?
instacalm

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:27:57 PM

Why BTSX so overrated and overpriced? Is this an exceptionally pump and dump? Or really very promising technology?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=756454.msg8528542#msg8528542
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: