Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:23:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt ASIC miners  (Read 1712 times)
LTC-X (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:50:46 AM

Where can I buy from?
I took a look at gawminers.com, zoomhash.com and minereu.com
And before I buy one, wanted to make sure, If there is any better site?

I thought of GAW Hashlet, but what stopping me is I can't point my hashing power to whatever pool I want.
So is there anything like this? where I can buy a hosted miner, but with full control on it.

Appreciate any advice, It's my first time buying one.
If anyone is wondering, my budget around 300$-500$

Thanks in advance.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:37:46 AM

Personally I really like to know there is hardware I own.  Hashlet is very new.  We will know in a few month's if it's amazing or what will happen.  I hope it turns amazing even though i have no stake in it atm.  Because of how easy they make it seem.  At the end you don't have a miner to sell move to a cheaper electricity center
is the downside.

A lot will have to do with "zen pool" and if it can keep the rates coming in that they currently do.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:46:58 PM

Where can I buy from?

I thought of GAW Hashlet, but what stopping me is I can't point my hashing power to whatever pool I want.
So is there anything like this? where I can buy a hosted miner, but with full control on it.

Thanks in advance.

Dont buy scrypt asic as it is pretty hard to ROI. Look at all the miner that is going to come which will drive difficulty up..
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

Personally I really like to know there is hardware I own.  Hashlet is very new.  We will know in a few month's if it's amazing or what will happen.  I hope it turns amazing even though i have no stake in it atm.  Because of how easy they make it seem.  At the end you don't have a miner to sell move to a cheaper electricity center
is the downside.

A lot will have to do with "zen pool" and if it can keep the rates coming in that they currently do.

There won't be ROI as the math simple doesn't work out for scrypt ASIC. Hashlet is using bait and switch scheme on the payout.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

I love scrypt, but it is true straight btc miners are easier to calculate roi with.  Scrypt is more long term.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:34:14 PM

Where can I buy from?

Thanks in advance.

Out of these 3 companies GAW is the only one that provides hosting. I heard mostly good things about all of them, just note that both GAW and Zoomhash are located in the US, while minereu in Europe.
You might want to choose the one that's closer to your location, so in case something happened it's easier to file a complaint or pay them a visit Smiley

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
LTC-X (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

Wow!
Thanks for the answers guys,
I wasnt sure, now I think I won't buy any...
I'll try to invest/trade in altcoins instead, hopefully not the wrong ones as usual.
Thanks again, Appreciate it.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:45:28 PM

Wow!
Thanks for the answers guys,
I wasnt sure, now I think I won't buy any...
I'll try to invest/trade in altcoins instead, hopefully not the wrong ones as usual.
Thanks again, Appreciate it.

I wish it was the old days where you got some GPU's and it made profit but sadly scrypt has changed alot. 

If you want to mine I dont want to scare you away from it.  Do some ROI math with straight BTC machines.  You can always take that BTC and invest in alt's you like.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

People calculate the profits of scrypt miners as if they will sell every coin immediately as they mine.

In truth most coins are more profitable when played in this manner however if you actually have faith to hold your yields in x,y,z coin you might end up with a crazy unexpected return in the distant future.

It's easy to diversify your holdings by pointing a scrypt asic at various coins for an hour or two without much commitment to the project overall.

If you sell 1,000,000 ABC coin for .1 btc @ btc~$500, you may be burnt when ABC suddenly swings to a 1 cent coin where that million would go for $10,000: Possibly when btc is ~$10,000 in the distant future.

You will miss pumps if you dump every holding. Food for thought.

Horses in midstream.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:05:18 AM

People calculate the profits of scrypt miners as if they will sell every coin immediately as they mine.

In truth most coins are more profitable when played in this manner however if you actually have faith to hold your yields in x,y,z coin you might end up with a crazy unexpected return in the distant future.

It's easy to diversify your holdings by pointing a scrypt asic at various coins for an hour or two without much commitment to the project overall.

If you sell 1,000,000 ABC coin for .1 btc @ btc~$500, you may be burnt when ABC suddenly swings to a 1 cent coin where that million would go for $10,000: Possibly when btc is ~$10,000 in the distant future.

The main problem with this is you really cant "calculate a profit" you are essentially gambling this way.

With BTC mining you spend so much BTC and calculating is much easier.   

I do agree Scrypt mining if long term holding on certain coins can be a very good investment.
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:17:05 PM

The main problem with this is you really cant "calculate a profit" you are essentially gambling this way.

I do agree Scrypt mining if long term holding on certain coins can be a very good investment.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the coin directly if you want to hold the coin long term?
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:19:55 PM

In truth most coins are more profitable when played in this manner
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the coin directly if you want to hold the coin long term?

Yes, every coin I am aware of has dropped in price temporarily before recovering. Selling at the peak and buying on the lowest point is always more profitable than holding.

If you don't want to bother with a trillion markets or don't use a trade bot you can store an hour's mining profit and while that money is stagnant you will have it in the future guaranteed. There's a tendency by miners to dump into btc and exit the market totally.

While it's understandable mathematically it creates a hurdle for many serious projects which they struggle to get over.

Horses in midstream.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:10:53 AM

Depends.  If example you spend 1 bitcoin on miner and are able to get over 1 btc PROFIT back then it is better.   If you spend one bitcoin on miner and lose money, yes direct would be better.

Electricity price and space among other things are big factors.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:04:59 AM

Depends.  If example you spend 1 bitcoin on miner and are able to get over 1 btc PROFIT back then it is better.   If you spend one bitcoin on miner and lose money, yes direct would be better.

Don't forget about hosted miners Smiley

MarketTime

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:19:58 AM

Time on monitoring it and staring at it should be factor in also cause you can work and earn better income..
bit_NINj4

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:33:57 AM

Two months ago 1MH/s was ~$100. Now, ~$15.

Do you honestly think that it will be profitable when you lose so much of your initial investment? Meanwhile, ALTcoins are dying and plummeting in value. Not to mention the difficulties are increasing at such a rate that it's starting to make Bitcoin look like an ALT..

1NiNj4aAHokvr95rYKX4Jew8vZUPV5kmEy
uuxel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:30:23 AM

Do not buy! Buy Bitcoin and be rich Grin
leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:38:52 AM

Do due diligent before buying.

Remember to start small and only expand if you know what you are doing.

majkel_94

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:13:33 PM

ASIC always will be SCAM, only producents can earn some money on this shit Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: