Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 BTC] - Require Graphic Designer (Logo/Web)  (Read 1099 times)
jake262144 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 09:42:52 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2012, 10:12:05 AM by jake262144

Reposted from Newbies as requested by Cyberdyne
Contact Cyberdyne, not me.

Attention all graphic designers! Please submit your bids for the following project requirement.

This will be added to the Project Development section of the forum as soon as we can post there.

Client:
Bitcoin Bids

Project Description:
Chosen applicant is to create a logo and website layout for 'Bitcoin Bids'. Layout should be similar to http://www.quibids.com/ but logo and colors will be mainly left up to the designer.

Logo should either be 100% vector-based (preferred), or created in ultra-high resolution (eg. 2560 x 1600)

Skills/Requirements:
Photoshop + Vector based design

Budget:
20 BTC

Please post designs in this thread and PM with your bid amount.

Separate bounties will be posted for other aspects of the website.

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 09:48:40 AM

Hi mate,
 I could definitely give this a shot if you're serious and willing to give me feedback on what you like and don't like.

Sent you a PM.

Robert.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:32:46 AM

Updated original thread:

"Website Layout" just means website mockup in PSD. You do not need to create the actual HTML for this bounty.
It is purely a graphic design job.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 03:40:47 AM

Yikes, I hope Cyberdyne was asking for a portfolio and not specs of the requested work.  If not then you should teach Cyberdyne some etiquette.

http://www.no-spec.com/about/

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 03:50:00 AM

Updated original thread:

"Website Layout" just means website mockup in PSD. You do not need to create the actual HTML for this bounty.

To bid to win a contract of 20BTC?

Uh.
stochastic

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:09:44 AM

Updated original thread:

Uh.

Exactly, this is not a bid, this is a spec.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Cyberdyne

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:11:25 AM

Yikes, I hope Cyberdyne was asking for a portfolio and not specs of the requested work.  If not then you should teach Cyberdyne some etiquette.

Thank you for the link.

To clarify, we invite you to post low-quality/watermarked draft designs so that we can provide feedback on them.
Cyberdyne

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:14:01 AM

Updated original thread:

Uh.

Exactly, this is not a bid, this is a spec.

'Bid' is the terminology used by the freelancer site called 'Vworker' using this kind of submission process. Sorry if that term is incorrect.
stochastic

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:31:18 AM

Thank you for the link.

To clarify, we invite you to post low-quality/watermarked draft designs so that we can provide feedback on them.

I often connect people that need designers or translators with actual designers or translators.  My advise is that you will get a better design and better relationships with better designers if you take a look at someone's portfolio and hiring that designer based on their previous work.  The reason is, it is not fair to have a multiple designers do work for free hoping that you might hire them.  Most of the designers that do spec work are not good designers.

Also, with the nature of the designing business, designers put risk to their livelihoods posting outlines of a work.  It could lead other people to make more designs based on that work.  The person that did the most work in coming up with the novel design does not get the job, and the unimaginative designer that tweaked the initial design does.

Unfortunately, all my designers are booked up, but my advise is to ask to look at portfolios of designers and choose a few you like.  Based on those do some interviews and give them some ideas of the work you want.  From that hire the designer and put the money in escrow until completion of the work to your set contract.  I guarantee you will get a lot more interest from designers and a better piece of art will be produced.

Cyberdyne

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:37:39 AM

Thank you for the link.

I often connect people that need designers or translators with actual designers or translators.  My advise is that you will get a better design and better relationships with better designers if you take a look at someone's portfolio and hiring that designer based on their previous work.  The reason is, it is not fair to have a multiple designers do work for free hoping that you might hire them.  Most of the designers that do spec work are not good designers.

Also, with the nature of the designing business, designers put risk to their livelihoods posting outlines of a work.  It could lead other people to make more designs based on that work.  The person that did the most work in coming up with the novel design does not get the job, and the unimaginative designer that tweaked the initial design does.

Unfortunately, all my designers are booked up, but my advise is to ask to look at portfolios of designers and choose a few you like.  Based on those do some interviews and give them some ideas of the work you want.  From that hire the designer and put the money in escrow until completion of the work to your set contract.  I guarantee you will get a lot more interest from designers and a better piece of art will be produced.

Thank you for taking the time to post. I am keen to take in what you're saying with the hope of streamlining the employment process as much as possible for the benefit of all.

One phenomenon I would like to refer to however is the concept of "Logo Contests". These occur quite often, even on this forum in fact, where many designers post their attempts in the hopes of winning '1st Prize'. In your opinion, is this a viable method of getting work done?

Thank you.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:39:55 AM

In your opinion, is this a viable method of getting work done?
Crappy work, because the only designers willing to participate in these contests are amateurs.
Cyberdyne

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 05:16:40 AM

In your opinion, is this a viable method of getting work done?
Crappy work, because the only designers willing to participate in these contests are amateurs.

There are websites specifically for logo contests which I believe are very professional.

Look at this page http://logotournament.com/contests/mt.gox

Of course, the higher the bounty, the more professional the work you're bound to attract.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: