Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]  (Read 4108 times)
river

May 08, 2011, 01:53:02 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2011, 12:00:01 AM by journeyofrivers

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:04:55 AM

The grocery store doesn't yet accept Bitcoin.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:53:38 AM

USD isn't going anywhere.
error

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 03:36:28 AM

Why are you preaching to the choir?

error

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 03:52:53 AM

Why are you preaching to the choir?

no no .. I"m not attempting to 'preach to the choir' .. the point is, I'm asking why the focus on USD exchange instead of a more global Fiat exchange for more currencies or FAR better .. simply get more traders to accept BTC/Gold/Silver .. that's all ..?

It's just a simple question, I've noticed a lot of people complaining that they can't exchange there BTC for USD/CDN/EUR/etc really fast and easy .. ?? (never heard of Gold/Silver .. you know the only U.S. lawful constitutional stuff).

that's all .. I'm just curious .. nothing more .. Smiley

The grocery store doesn't accept gold and silver either.

error

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 04:00:29 AM

Every one I've went to does? Just ask for the manager ... what nation are you in?

I'm in the USSA.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 04:07:22 AM

Every one I've went to does? Just ask for the manager ... what nation are you in?
Really?  How do they figure out how much gold will pay for the goods?  Do they have a scale and access to live USD-->Gold exchange rates or something?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 05:19:32 AM

? first .. what's the USSA .. is that like the new Soviet Russia or Nazi America?

second .. everyone takes gold/silver ..

third .. why would you have measure/weigh/etc it .. gold has been (and probably always will be) the only truly global currency on earth .. you don't EVER compare gold to Fiat .. you compare Fiat to Gold ... ie: Gold standard ... simple .. just negotiate a little, it's called barter/trade.

If they don't take it ... that's pretty solid proof that they are corrupt .. why would I do barter/trade with the corrupt?
When the price tag says $50.00, how do they know how much that is in gold?  You just barter?  Seems like either you or them would be getting the raw end of the deal there, as it'd be quite difficulty to have the proper amount of gold on-hand to exactly match the fiat currency.
Insti

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 05:45:20 AM

How do you get your money out of USD and into Bitcoin without an exchange?
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 11:15:14 AM

trying to buy anything here with gold or silver would be totally ridiculous. i could as well try to pay for a burger with plutonium or crude oil. intrinsic value and all that.
Bitfox

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 05:19:24 PM

You have a very good point the BTC/EUR exchange rate should be displayed more often. Today I was able to buy 10 bitcoins for 26 euros (1BTC=2.6EUR at a european BTC market but probably not many know about it, bitmarket.eu
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 07:12:38 PM

what you're saying is all well and good but we aren't living in a bubble world

I'm not saying it's ideal but I can't go to the grocery store and get some milk with gold shavings
AtlasONo

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 07:21:53 PM

EDIT 1: Have you not wandered why these corrupt governments have created the 'Amero'?? Or why they will be buying the USD on the penny for the Amero at gun point and prison term?

rofl!  Cheesy
Longmarch

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 07:31:27 PM

I'd be surprised to hear of the manager of any corporate US supermarket that would want to go to the trouble of explaining to their regional manager why they traded groceries for gold.  If they could even find a way to enter that in the report. 

Then there's the question of change.  Four bags of groceries in exchange for a Krugerrand... that's a lot of change.  How do you want it?  USD, or maybe rice?  How do you do that.

Point is that in the US (and other places I'd expect) most stores are corporate, which means standardization, which means dollars only.  You try to barter at Safeway, and they'll turn you down.  Too complicated.  And the manager gets paid the same whether you shop there or not.

AtlasONo

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 08:09:39 PM

Well the obvious answer will be to shop somewhere else.
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 09:50:45 PM

what you're saying is all well and good but we aren't living in a bubble world

I'm not saying it's ideal but I can't go to the grocery store and get some milk with gold shavings

Not always .. but you can do to the farmer and get it FRESH there

Most people in the US have lost the knowledge of how to differentiate between gold and other yellow metals exactly because it is never used.  People won't trust you or your "currency" because they lack the knowledge to evaluate its value.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
tomcollins

Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 11:03:45 PM

hehe .. I'm not U.S. so ...
if I want bitcoin .. I work for it .. sell something ... just like any true currency .. earn it ??

The exchanges are only good for judging against fire starter .. but Gold and Silver have always had set values as currency ..

The day I can make anywhere close to what I can make when I get paid in fiat, I get paid in Bitcoin.
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 11:32:29 PM

Well... The gas station won't let me pay in gold or BTC. Neither will the grocery store, my university or the utility companies... Also hookers don't accept BTC, though they might accept gold in the form of bling bling.

OP's idealistic world where everyone accepts milligrams of gold for every item doesn't exist. And no one even knows about BTC. We're a small number compared to everyone else. Though it is growing.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:26:04 AM

so when you pay in gold what's the procedure?  do you scrape some off of a bar and weigh it?  I'm not against it if it's a viable and accepted option, I've just never personally seen such thing happen in real life.
FooDSt4mP

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:56:17 AM

Well... The gas station won't let me pay in gold or BTC. Neither will the grocery store, my university or the utility companies... Also hookers don't accept BTC, though they might accept gold in the form of bling bling.

OP's idealistic world where everyone accepts milligrams of gold for every item doesn't exist. And no one even knows about BTC. We're a small number compared to everyone else. Though it is growing.

Actually, everyone I have every asked does ... just ask for managers and such, not the idiot behind the counter ...
Have you actually ASKED about it ... most people haven't .. they just ASSUME not.

Also, I've noticed that most people answer as 'the U.S. doesn't blah ' ... hey .. quit doing business with todays' stupid Nazis.   The U.S. citizens is horrible, uneducated, idiots for the most part (not all but most) ... these are people that not only do not know the name of their own nation .. but can not point it out on a map of itself, literally.

I'm not focusing on the U.S.   I prefer some intelligence.
Absolutely every Canadian I've talked to has said they will happily accept Gold/Silver with a smile, that includes companies.

So what do you recommend and intelligent US citizen do?  Leave all the dumbasses behind with the nukes and move to another country?  If you think the US is dumb now, imagine it without any sensible people to hold back the tide of stupidity.  Yes, there are lots of dumb people here, but what about those of us cursed with preventing them from killing everyone?

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: