Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:57:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UseCoin Scam  (Read 8982 times)
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:46:48 PM

Ok if you read these 5 posts on the usecoin thread you can see they kept claiming they planned to destroy the coins.  In the last one they claimed they were going to get bittrex to destroy the coins for them.  

#857 / 912 / 995 / 1016  / 1079

Now bittrex do you even read the threads for the coins you list you fucking shitbags?  They used your name and said you were going to destroy the 3.5 million coin.  If I was bittrex I would have at least warned people about the fact that 3.5 million coins were never given to bittrex for destruction.  

Honestly though this isn't bittrex fault.  If you had been following the usecoin thread you wouldn't have put up a buy order for this coin at all till the coins were verified as destroyed.

True, but serious exchange as bittrex should have looked into if the dev destroyed the coins or not before adding it.
UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:50:12 PM

If you start on page 41 of the usecoin thread and read just the posts the dev was making for 5 or 6 pages it was clear he was stalling to keep those coins.  He planned this.  He executed this perfectly.  People wanted to get took.  If they ignored those warning signs in the devs posts they clearly wanted to lose money.
FeelTheBeat

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:54:42 PM

I am glad that sold all on c-cex when price was still high.  Grin

My apologies to all who are at loss  Undecided

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:57:11 PM

Halcyon [HAL] just got dumped on too ! this is very peculiar don't you think ? !
Pyramusx

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

Some of you Nostradamus niggas point the "warning signs" AFTER the fact. Very valuable guys

lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:58:10 PM

Shocked ooh noo they dideen't

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
UGETHIT

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:11:12 PM

Some of you Nostradamus niggas point the "warning signs" AFTER the fact. Very valuable guys

That's not what I was getting at.  I wasn't following this coin.  I generally ignore all IPO coins.  I just read it for the first time when I made that post about reading page 41 to 47 ish.  I was saying if someone had a buy order up and ignored what was going on in the usecoin thread they deserved what they got.  I wasn't pretending to predict this scam after the fact.  I had no clue what was going on until 45 mins ago when I saw it getting dumped.
feixiangyu

Activity: 414

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:12:34 PM

THIS COIN IS DEAD ALREADY!
Conduit

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:13:05 PM

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, why doesn't someone use the block explorer to find out where those coins actually went? Bittrex claims they never received the coins, but then again like some people have pointed out, destroying the unsold IPO should have been the very first requirement to getting listed.
UGETHIT

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:17:03 PM

Re: [ANN][USE] UseCoin » X13 | 10+ Ghash | BITTREX | 3.5mil USE will be DESTROYED

August 22, 2014, 01:58:47 AM

post #1079

Remaining IPO coins should be destroyed within the next 24-48 hours. We have decided to get Bittrex to destroy coins for us as a trustworthy entity.

This was where I stopped reading.  The thread.  24 to 48 hours.  Why not at that moment?  Logic went out the window at that point.  Anyone who read this and was invested in the coin should have asked why would he wait instead of doing it now?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:17:28 PM

Wow he made like about 20 BTC with that.. i'm starting to wonder why bittrex doesn't have some sort of "withdrawal-stop" if the amount of the (new) account is bigger than X btc ...

Damn.. i lost about 0.2 btc from renting hash for that coin...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:19:56 PM

Wow he made like about 20 BTC with that.. i'm starting to wonder why bittrex doesn't have some sort of "withdrawal-stop" if the amount of the (new) account is bigger than X btc ...

Too simple  - <controversial>and they wouldn't be able to host any more scams if they started doing that</controversial>

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:21:00 PM

Not entirely Bittrex's fault, but they DO bear some responsibility for ICOs they host.

The need to step up to the plate and put an end to this crap.

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:22:20 PM

Too simple  - <controversial>and they wouldn't be able host any more scams if they started doing that</controversial>

Mmh.. Personally I still don't think it's really bittrex as those scams happen on c-cex also, the funny thing is when a coin hits c-cex it dies instantly, on bittrex at least it has a chance Smiley

But the community is right, bittrex HAS to do some sort of (minimal) security feature (as described above) now finally or they'll lose rep totally.. I see that too..

BTW Now would be a good opportunity to list RipOffCoin @ Bittrex finally...

UGETHIT

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

I was blaming bittrex partly for this one.  After reading through that usecoin thread though all I think bittrex was guilt of was being lazy.  Had they read post #1079 I am guessing they would have warned people, force him to hand the coins over, or shut down the market.  I think they just weren't really informed themselves.
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:27:16 PM

Not entirely Bittrex's fault, but they DO bear some responsibility for ICOs they host.

My problem is that several people spoke to Bittrex admins before this happened - asking about the 3.5 million coins. So they were aware this was a potential problem, yet still did FA about it. It's not good enough for one of the largest crypto trading platforms. If it's totally unexpected, and they had no knowledge of any of this then it's unfair to blame them. But when they were forewarned, and still did nothing, it's just bad. People will start to trade elsewhere eventually.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
UGETHIT

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:28:57 PM

My problem is that several people spoke to Bittrex admins before this happened - asking about the 3.5 million coins. So they were aware this was a potential problem, yet still did FA about it. It's not good enough for one of the largest crypto trading platforms. If it's totally unexpected, and they had no knowledge of any of this then it's unfair to blame them. But when they were forewarned, and still did nothing, it's just bad. People will start to trade elsewhere eventually.

Well if that is the case they should have issued a warning on the market.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

I haven't followed the coin very closely and didn't invest in it, but did they actually host it? I thought the ico ran outside of bittrex?

But I do think if they agreed to destroy the coins, they shouldn't have listed it on the exchange until the coins were actually destroyed. Not a biggie to wait a day or two before listing a new coin.

There is no guarantee that it would have mattered, as a dump could have occurred on baby-sized exchanges like c-cex and such... but it would have been less painful.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

A very basic security feature, as every scam dev makes new <bittrex> accounts:

Limit the maximum withdrawal issue for those new accounts to 1 BTC per hour..

This way no scammer can scam for more than 1 btc .. which would make them walk away from bittrex at least.

The Dev here scammed for 20 BTC in a matter of minutes.. Its totally freakin' unbelievable that you (bittrex) allow someone to withdraw more than 20k USD (in btc) in a matter of minutes..

In EVERY security/fraud detection system of the world this transactions would raise like ALL the freakin' red flags of the world...  

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:34:14 PM

A very basic security feature, as every scam dev makes new <bittrex> accounts:

Limit the maximum withdrawal issue for those new accounts to 1 BTC per hour..

This way no scammer can scam for more than 1 btc .. which would make them walk away from bittrex at least.

The Dev here scammed for 20 BTC in a matter of minutes.. Its totally freakin' unbelievable that you (bittrex) allow someone to withdraw more than 20k USD (in btc) in a matter of minutes..

In EVERY security/fraud detection system of the world this transactions would raise like ALL the freakin' red flags of the world...  

What's to stop the dev from making several new accounts a month or more before they plan to run a scam? 

And making 20btc on a sale isn't exactly impossible for regular traders, so blocking them from withdrawing their funds probably wouldn't go over so well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: